What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I totally agree. He plays with high risk, high reward benefit and he is aware of the risks taken. He capitalize on his opponent's mistakes, he played defensively and aggressively when needed. This kid is only 13 years, a child prodigy just imagine how much greater he will be in the game's afterlife and possibly future MK releases, he will evolve to an even greater beast.

He won Mileena her first tournament major ever after other big Mileena players like REO, pig and Death had great success. He beat Kevo for crying out loud... LOL he took out Cage which is a horrible MU for her and defeated Kevo's high level Kabal. Sonic Fawx deserves credit.

One thing I want to point out about Sonic Fawx people, Mileena's standing 1 as AA was gdlk
first thing i said after he beat kevo was

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn Pig is totally on blast (after bitching Mileena cant beat Kabal)

damnt

lol

zaf

professor
Pig Of The Hut.

Ill give you your first name.

Dude who took Mike metroids and his brothers spot on the bed was curbopher/tetra spirit, not sure what name he actually goes by.
But yea even I knew that the bed spot was theres, he took it and when mikes brother called him out to move and even told him
"I have a slipped disc in my back, i need the bed" ..tetra just shrugged this off. THis is when he left the room for the car

Jer and i get to andrews/dancock's room. One of the first things i did was ask how much money they wanted for the room and I paid up. Jer did the same. WE paid our full part right away!

I do not see how this can at all be hard.....

After a few of my pools matches were done and i had to wait till later that night for top16, I went right up to andrew and literally said this
"Tell me how I can help you run this tourney, what can i do" ... He assured me it was fine and to just have a good time. He had enough staff it seemed, but i do agree i did not see many people do much. The only difference between some staff and some mk players were just a pink staff shirt.

After Saturday night, i then find a controller and literally tried very hard to find its owner. I asked a lot of people and the people who i know use this type of controller. Still i found no one to claim it and I will return this controller via mail to whoever it belongs to.

rev0lver - i know i did some dickish shit by being loud in the room when you were asleep, but i was sorry and i did apologize. Like i mention below i dont know when im being a true asshole and im sorry for that.

RapZiLLa54 - I know exactly what you mean about kevo's shit talking and how it pumps him up. If you just shit talk right back with him, like i did in the room, it really nullifies it all. As for Saturday night, i already paid for the room with dan and andrew. SO i did see no point in paying for another room. I would of had no problem to pay you even if I was going to stay with you.

SwiftTomHanks - I do apologize if there was anything at all I did this weekend that annoyed you. I am sure there is nothing really, but sometimes i do not realize i am an asshole when im in the moment.
Insuperable - same to you man, I apologize if i did anything or said anything that really upset you. I dont realize how stupid I can be until after the fact. I hope I didn't do anything, really dude.

If i did, both of you call me the fuck out now. I would deserve getting bashed on if i did it too.

I have only been to 1 major where I had to travel to attend, and I had a blast. I also had a lot of the same stuff happen to me that happened to STH. I know it is easy to say on a forum sorry dude no pay no stay GTFO, but in reality it is much harder. Shoot I had so many people crashing in my room all weekend long at NEC that people that chipped in for the room also left to find more "comfortable" arrangements. I had to turn people down on Sunday night that were looking for a room and would have chipped in but I could not say yes because I had no idea how many people were going to sleep in the room. Still have multiple people that said they would chip in for the room and never have. Who knows how many things were stolen from how many people in my room during NEC too, with all the streaming of casuals all weekend long that we did, I am just amazed that no one stole the streaming equipment. At this point when I do travel to attend a major again I know I will be staying in a room by myself. If anyone asks me about staying in my room I am going to make up some random room number and not worry about them.

What I saw at NEC and what many other people have posted about really makes me think that people just go crazy at major tournaments. I host casuals at my business a couple of times a month and no one has ever taken anything and everyone is really chill and super respectful. I am so sorry for the community that things like this happen it only makes it worse for everyone. Too bad a minority of people act like idiots and ruin a special time for people.

I'm not even a tourney player, but reading what happened makes me want to punch a wall. That's fucked up.

Also props to Sawnik Fawx. An amazing talented player, who deserves as every bit of respect as an adult would. He's more mature than some adults that were at ECT from what I just read.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Shit like this should NEVER be tolerated. Having to sleeping on the parking garage floor while you pay for the fucking room? Seriously... what the actual fuck.
I would have gone all psycho and tapped in to my strong black woman syndrome and literally kicked them all out...all while physically and verbally abusing them while doing so.....so fucked up of people!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm going to weigh in on this.

First off, I take full responsibility for Andrew's woes at this tournament, and the reason is because I absolutely wanted to see how he'd handle being in charge, as if he were me, or Phil, or DarkRob, since a while back there was some extremely vocal outbursts against how we prepare and run tournaments. To Andrew, I'm very sorry but this was an extreme example of the BS a TO has to put up with at tournaments.

As for the pools, I don't know why John and Joe didn't let us make them entirely and post that MK would do it the day of, since we are more than capable and they know that. They wanted to list pools for everyone before the tournament even happened but I'm going to talk to them about the disaster it caused. At the end of the day, it would have been better for us to make them, which we've done at all ECTs, and all GVN tournaments, and others. We just do that, this time they wanted to have everything a certain way. But, I wouldn't want to hear from anyone in the MK community, had they let us do the brackets, that they did brackets for all other games and neglected us, and you know some people would say that even though no one is more qualified to do so than us.

The internet issues was a HOTEL ISSUE so please, unless you're going to say "Get a better net ready venue" there's no reason to talk about this, streaming will forever and always have issues at tournaments until everyone has their own 4G cards and ISPs provide unlimited for them.

Now, the only issue I knew about that we could have done something about was the brackets, but John was upstairs in the hotel room doing them more than he was in the game room. We could have told John we'd hold up the tournament an extra hour if it meant re-assigning pools entirely, which I would have been for 100%. Otherwise, any of the nonsense that happened, no one brought to my attention, which in a way is good because it shows you guys how hard it is to run a tournament, even when your pools are 8 to 10 people. Try running a 64 player or more bracket straight up.

Players like Chris G who play multiple games for example, need an itinerary to make sure they don't hold up tournaments. Most of the time players like him get up from one game and go to the next, if they aren't being hunted down. This is NOTHING against Chris G, I love the guy, and bracket runners need to have a little more patience with stuff like that.

As for the hotel rooms, you guys need to coordinate and book more rooms earlier. You can always cancel the day before if you don't have people confirmed for your room. If Andrew, Pherleece, Rapzilla and DanCock all booked rooms, that's enough for 16 players. Nit and I had a personal, non gaming guest in our room this weekend, and we had half a dozen people ask to stay with us days before the tournament. There are also other hotels in the area, which I suggested one that I stayed at last year specifically, multiple times to players that's only 4 minutes away straight drive, and guaranteed vacancies. No one wanted to do that.

One other thing I want to mention is the top 8 payout. I only heard from players a few weeks ago that there was going to be a top 8 payout for MK but from John and Joe I only ever heard top 3. Some people even said it was posted on their site that there was top 8, which I never saw. This is just something I would like to clear up.

If there's anything more I could have done, please feel free to suggest it. More TOs should have come to me during the tournament about the problems though, that's for sure.

So Andrew, I'm sorry to see you go, but if you want to run tournaments, it's very rare that you don't run into serious, frustrating problems that you can't do anything about, and most of the problems are caused by the players themselves, making the uncontrollable problems seem that much worse. This is why you let the directors take responsibility for issues and they will when it's warranted. The only major tournament I have ever run that had no problems during the pools was Summer Jam 2011, and that was just me and Dark_Rob running it with bifuteki doing the stream.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is all I could find for now...

I'm not mad but I find out embarrassing that a child beat grown ass adults in a major. I'm done with this game until something redeeming arrives for it, peace.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Cant believe this free mileena won this gotta see footage. This is def not what i expected at all. Shoulda came there for the easy grand :)
Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
rev0lver - i know i did some dickish shit by being loud in the room when you were asleep, but i was sorry and i did apologize. Like i mention below i dont know when im being a true asshole and im sorry for that.
Dude you weren't a problem at all lol, I had fun hanging out with you. I was laughing in my head when you guys came in but didn't want to say anything and make you feel bad for waking me up.

Pig Of The Hut

This is all I could find for now...
Korpse dude Any top player will tell you this kid is not to be ignored

He is a top player

This was expected

Take some time to think about this.

If this game were perfect or made any better would YOU AS A PLAYER be any better or have greater success

It's kinda like a CSZ player picking up Cyrax, probably will do just as well w cyrax and will have same fundamental problems

as far as Showtime saying that, man listen I know Showtime was TOTALLY pissed as I would be because of how him Cat and @starcharger were seeded at mlg

Showtime is a great player and great guy and was honestly saying he should have gone to ECT where he could have played anyone but a houston player

Look at the MLG bracket, it was all 3 of them playing each other between rounds 1-2

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
All of this makes me upset. The only person I am aware of that I owe money to is Insuperable and that's because he covered for both of us for the entire trip. I'm paying him back this Friday once I get the chance to cash in my check. If I do owe anyone anything, please let me know.

SwiftTomHanks, I want to thank you, and the rest of the staff that you feel did their jobs, for running the tournament to the best of your abilities through all the chaos and unnecessary burdens. It really is stupid that this had to happen like this and hopefully you will reconsider your decision to leave. You know which people you want to offer your room to and you know which people can assist you in running a tournament.

Really though who thinks they have the right to take someone's room without even permission to the point where the person who's entitled to said room suddenly finds himself sleeping elsewhere? As a smaller community, we all know each other through the forums, through online, and or in person so it isn't like we can just disappear forever, unless this tournament was the last one you planned to attend. If you thought people would just ignore their rooms being taken over, that's pretty arrogant to assume that this wouldn't come back to bite you in the ass.

Don't let the minority ruin the community for you but I can respect you for leaving because of the scale of the events that happened.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Pig Of The Hut.

Ill give you your first name.

Dude who took Mike metroids and his brothers spot on the bed was curbopher/tetra spirit, not sure what name he actually goes by.
But yea even I knew that the bed spot was theres, he took it and when mikes brother called him out to move and even told him
"I have a slipped disc in my back, i need the bed" ..tetra just shrugged this off. .
I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY! I run in to him online and he is the biggest troll I've ever met and now it turns out he is nothing but scum.

Pig Of The Hut

RapZiLLa54 - I know exactly what you mean about kevo's shit talking and how it pumps him up. If you just shit talk right back with him, like i did in the room, it really nullifies it all. As for Saturday night, i already paid for the room with dan and andrew. SO i did see no point in paying for another room. I would of had no problem to pay you even if I was going to stay with you.

Nah man your good. You came in to hang out and chill which I have absolutely no problem with at all as you and Jer are always welcome. You walking into the room demanding a money match with Kevo was hype as shit and that money went straight to me anyway for Kevos stay.
yea when i was looking through players list i knew it wasnt Jer and zaf because i follow community closely and they are all top players and top personality guys

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yes, THIS! Wanna_Die, the fat slob that he is, literally sat next to the Vodka I bought for myself, my friend Samantha, Tom Brady and Reo at Devastation while we were all drunk and bullshitting in a packed hotel room. I kept looking over and he kept sipping right out of the bottle...that shit was Grey Goose man...
Oh hell naw. Grey Goose is WAY too expensive for such tactics.

This is really scary to think about.

I second that. Everyone used to think he was just getting away with "online" tactics, but it's his legit metagame and he's made it work better than anyone could've ever expected. He knows the risks, but he runs with it, and it's gotten him a championship, which is one HELL of an accomplishment for someone that young. I hope he comes to Summer Jam, I have no issues getting my ass kicked and learning from a prodigy.

I'm still really sad for all the heads that are gonna be missing Summer Jam over this :(, on top of the player pool already being drawn thin by MLG. I FINALLY am gonna have the means to make another major, and half the people I've wanted to see, play and party with either for the 1'st time or since NEC/WB are either gonna be in Raleigh, or gone altogether. This blows. Hard.

And for the bracketing...why not do this, since I know seeding people and splitting up the regional players is a really big deal that last-minute sign-ups and the like can mess up: build them in advance with the people you KNOW are gonna be attending - get confirmation, talk to friends of friends, gather as many names as possible that you know are gonna be in attendance - but make sure it's made clear via the forums/boards/wherever that it's "first come, first serve," in that while the original brackets would be made so everyone's split and seeded properly, anyone who shows up late to the dance is gonna have to have their chips fall where they may as far as where they're seeded/who they're playing.
Idk. I'm not great with logistics, so I don't know if that'd work as well as it sounds in my head, it just seems to me that procrastination on the part of players is a big enough pain in the ass without having to reorganize an entire show on account of it.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Nah man, You came in to hang out and chill which I have absolutely no problem with at all as you and Jer are always welcome. You walking into the room demanding a money match with Kevo was hype as shit and that money went straight to me anyway for Kevos stay. :)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
A few things here:
  1. I come from a chess background, where it's not uncommon to see 7 year olds kicking the shit out of grown men. You people just need to get the fuck over it. You're playing against someone's mind, and yeah, there's a good chance that a kid's mind is better-wired to gaming than yours. It says nothing about you as an older person. The thing that DOES say something about your character is a grown man making personal attacks on a young kid. What the fuck, people?
  2. You all need to get fucking jobs, cash in those savings bonds, or get your parents to pay your way. I'm so fucking sick of seeing the same shit on forums and even on the Woolay Show. I'm gonna be a Big Grown-Up here and tell you all what you need to expect to pay for:
    • Food for AN ENTIRE WEEKEND = $273
      • $15 per sit down meal + 20% tip = $18 (figure 2 a day if you're fancy) x 2 = $36
      • $7 per quick meal x 3 cuz you're a boy = $21
      • $2 per soda you get from the vending machine x 2 = $4
      • $2 per bag of Skittles or chips or whatever x 3 = $6
      • $12 per case of beer x 2 = $24
    • Lodging for AN ENTIRE WEEKEND = $150-$300
      • $150 per night AVERAGE x 2 nights = $300
      • Split this shit if you can.
    • If you're not driving, figure at least $15/day = $45
      • CABS: $7 per mile + tip
      • Having someone drive you: $5/day assuming it's only light travel
    • Entry Fees = $50-$100

TOTAL COST: $518 - $718

Now I'm sure you're saying, "Gee, BillStickers, that's a fucking assload of money and I'd NEVER pay that much." Bull fucking shit. The REASON why we hear about this shit so often is because ignorant FUCKS don't understand the value of a dollar. Every time one of you shitbags doesn't pay for a meal, or a room, or gas, or tolls, or entry fees, all you're doing is having SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS MORE RESPONSIBLE THAN YOU pick up the cost. It's fucking bullshit nonsense. Man/woman the fuck up and realize that you're all old enough to budget properly.

Don't want to spend $700 on a tournament? Fine, but don't expect to follow all of your buddies to Denny's, don't expect free alcohol, don't expect free lodging, and don't expect people with cars to be your personal chauffeurs. You can't live like a king off of everyone else's dime.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY! I run in to him online and he is the biggest troll I've ever met and now it turns out he is nothing but scum.
OMG I remember that. I was in the room at the time and I remember someone saying that they had a bad back or some shit.

I don't remember everything tho, I was slightly intoxicated thanks to SwiftTomHanks :p

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Idk... he was cool to me at the tournament, we hung out a bit. I didn't realize it was him who took that spot until now.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
A few things here:
  1. I come from a chess background, where it's not uncommon to see 7 year olds kicking the shit out of grown men. You people just need to get the fuck over it. You're playing against someone's mind, and yeah, there's a good chance that a kid's mind is better-wired to gaming than yours. It says nothing about you as an older person. The thing that DOES say something about your character is a grown man making personal attacks on a young kid. What the fuck, people?
  2. You all need to get fucking jobs, cash in those savings bonds, or get your parents to pay your way. I'm so fucking sick of seeing the same shit on forums and even on the Woolay Show. I'm gonna be a Big Grown-Up here and tell you all what you need to expect to pay for:
    • Food for AN ENTIRE WEEKEND = $273
      • $15 per sit down meal + 20% tip = $18 (figure 2 a day if you're fancy) x 2 = $36
      • $7 per quick meal x 3 cuz you're a boy = $21
      • $2 per soda you get from the vending machine x 2 = $4
      • $2 per bag of Skittles or chips or whatever x 3 = $6
      • $12 per case of beer x 2 = $24
    • Lodging for AN ENTIRE WEEKEND = $150-$300
      • $150 per night AVERAGE x 2 nights = $300
      • Split this shit if you can.
    • If you're not driving, figure at least $15/day = $45
      • CABS: $7 per mile + tip
      • Having someone drive you: $5/day assuming it's only light travel
    • Entry Fees = $50-$100

TOTAL COST: $518 - $718

Now I'm sure you're saying, "Gee, BillStickers, that's a fucking assload of money and I'd NEVER pay that much." Bull fucking shit. The REASON why we hear about this shit so often is because ignorant FUCKS don't understand the value of a dollar. Every time one of you shitbags doesn't pay for a meal, or a room, or gas, or tolls, or entry fees, all you're doing is having SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS MORE RESPONSIBLE THAN YOU pick up the cost. It's fucking bullshit nonsense. Man/woman the fuck up and realize that you're all old enough to budget properly.

Don't want to spend $700 on a tournament? Fine, but don't expect to follow all of your buddies to Denny's, don't expect free alcohol, don't expect free lodging, and don't expect people with cars to be your personal chauffeurs. You can't live like a king off of everyone else's dime.

OMG this x1000. I honestly think that a large portion of players only assume the only cost for attending tournies is the registration fees.

I didn't realize he was like that. I got the impression he was a nice guy. He didn't even know me and he still ran to his hotel room to get a pad for me to play on when mine stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.