What's new

Question The Buffs Bane Needs?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Having Venom automatically run out after super is a problem, why would you use it at any point if it does shit damage venomless and makes you weaker when it's finished?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
One thing i just thought of that might be pretty interesting is if his specials could gain additional attributes depending on what level of venom he's at. So like, at level x his air throw would ground bounce. I overall feel his trait is one of the weakest part of bane and needs to be changed somehow
Like Frank West from UMvC3? If so I see where you're going w/this. If I'm wrong...........I'm still right so shut up:)

No really you're posting some pretty good ideas so far

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't see how other chars like Frost just got a buff and no changes to Bane. I'm trying so hard to understand the logic of NRS, they must know something we don't. You can't make the ONLY guy to literally break Batman such a pussy
I'm pretty sure, in regards to the KF thing, it was more for the sake of consistency than "oh she needs this because she's too weak". You could clash her glacier thing that pops up beneath you before outside of combos, which is inconsistent with any other "projectile" in the game. It may've been more of a bug fix than a balance change, truly.

I meant a certain aspect. Like damage or speed, but not both because LBSH that's stupid no matter what.

HOWEVER, if he does not lose any damage, I think he should have to wait longer than 7 seconds(according to my buff list, it's currently 9) on Level 3's cool down.
I think if you remove the extra damage he takes from the debuff, you can't do anything else to Venom. Like I said, having Venom 1-3 would be powerful on its own. Adding any other buffs to Venom would just make it too much.

I wouldn't want any other change to Venom than the removal of the increased damage taken. I think it makes the character not fun at all and makes Bane the only character in the game with such a mechanic. That's just me though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Having Venom automatically run out after super is a problem, why would you use it at any point if it does shit damage venomless and makes you weaker when it's finished?
For kill shots to end combos, it's pretty nice. Still dumb though lol

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
For kill shots to end combos, it's pretty nice. Still dumb though lol
it's good for un-wagerable hitconfirms off of a raw b2,3, but without venom it just does pathetic damage considering you just blew 4 bars on it.

also i feel this is more of a universal problem and not just for Bane, but when you lose or tie a wager when you have them cornered, not only do they escape the corner, but if they win the wager, they're practically 75% of the screen OUT of the corner. :I

Reactions: RYX

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I love having the increased damage with Venom. That's what Venom is in the world of DC comics. And that's where this game exists.

I would even settle for the debuff to remain as long as he had a better way of closing the distance on opponents. That is, without a doubt, what I feel needs to be buffed.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think if you remove the extra damage he takes from the debuff, you can't do anything else to Venom. Like I said, having Venom 1-3 would be powerful on its own. Adding any other buffs to Venom would just make it too much.

I wouldn't want any other change to Venom than the removal of the increased damage taken. I think it makes the character not fun at all and makes Bane the only character in the game with such a mechanic. That's just me though.
I don't know, that speed debuff can be very problematic. It's the damage one that's just broken entirely though. Should not be forced into those kinds of situations but I can deal with losing speed for a bit.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
it's good for un-wagerable hitconfirms off of a raw b2,3, but without venom it just does pathetic damage considering you just blew 4 bars on it.

also i feel this is more of a universal problem and not just for Bane, but when you lose or tie a wager when you have them cornered, not only do they escape the corner, but if they win the wager, they're practically 75% of the screen OUT of the corner. :I
Should definitely do more. I don't think it even breaks 40% which for a grab that's inconsistent, seems a little unfair since others do more, IIRC.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I think we've all agreed at this poing that the Venom cooldown time's could be changed, and more than likely some properties too. But how does everyone feel about his base damage, no Venom? My thought's are it would be nice to have a MB special with a bounce or reset of some kind. We've also already coverd that double punch has crap damage.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think we've all agreed at this poing that the Venom cooldown time's could be changed, and more than likely some properties too. But how does everyone feel about his base damage, no Venom? My thought's are it would be nice to have a MB special with a bounce or reset of some kind. We've also already coverd that double punch has crap damage.
He needs more damage without Venom. I think it's that simple. :I

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
We've also already coverd that double punch has crap damage.
It's already safe, so I really don't mind the crap damage. I use it to mix up after D1 anyway. My biggest concern is getting in. And letting us abuse Venom like Superman and everybody else can abuse theirs w/no consequences is only fair. We're not asking for much. We're not asking for a jumping move like Sheeva on a big char *cough fuck off doomsday*

jfunkey

Noob
Also one thing that should be changed, Venom timer stops when you start to clash imo, it's kinda dumb if i dumb 2 venom into a combo and they can just clash and i'm across the screen and slow.

If charge were cancelable and Venom didn't basically kill us, we'd have a way in. LBSH, if we hit a charge and a follow up command grab at lvl 3, we can do up to 64% damage. So then we do some damage and our damage output now sucks, but we can try and stay in without fear of just outright dying to a basic combo while waiting on cooldown.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's already safe, so I really don't mind the crap damage. I use it to mix up after D1 anyway. My biggest concern is getting in. And letting us abuse Venom like Superman and everybody else can abuse theirs w/no consequences is only fair. We're not asking for much. We're not asking for a jumping move like Sheeva on a big char *cough fuck off doomsday*
You summed up my concerns.

Also one thing that should be changed, Venom timer stops when you start to clash imo, it's kinda dumb if i dumb 2 venom into a combo and they can just clash and i'm across the screen and slow.
This is balanced because we can clash off the debuff. I would be ok if they changed both though.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I was just throwing that in there because it's said a lot. I actually use it a lot because it is a good tool, no doubt about it.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If the Venom debuff is we do less damage after that, that's ok to me. Not exactly fair but fine. However, taking it up the ass as far as damage ALSO? Big giant F that

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I was just throwing that in there because it's said a lot. I actually use it a lot because it is a good tool, no doubt about it.
I don't mind the bad damage all that much. Especially with the added damage of Venom. I'm perfectly fine with an 8% damage double punch if I can attempt to stay in without the fear of being destroyed as soon as Venom runs out.

There has to be some debuff to venom though. If it had no debuffs at all... yea, it's retarded. Even though I have little fighting game experience, I can tell you that shit would be broken.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
There has to be some debuff to venom though. If it had no debuffs at all... yea, it's retarded. Even though I have little fighting game experience, I can tell you that shit would be broken.
I agree. The debuff should be with the damage output. Like I said before, I've had it run out and deal less than ten percent damage on an 8 hit combo, only to be dealt 30 percent on a simple combo chain. I think the debuff should be on the damage you deal, not the damage you deal and receive.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Of course. I don't think anybody's suggesting we get rid of all debuffs. I'm fine with lower damage output + lower speed, but I shouldn't feel like i'm made of glass on top of all of that.