What's new

Question The Buffs Bane Needs?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Never start off a balance discussion w/that name sir:)
It's logical though. Kabal had everything whereas Bane has nothing. Grundy is better in general but I think since he has a move that's armored and leads to full combos anywhere on screen vs grounded opponents, Bane should get a much better up close game.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
i don't think inputs should be changed, execution isn't a character problem, it's something you must learn if you choose to play said character.

however one buff he absolutely must have, some more clash quotes, he has barely any, and they all suck ass.
At least they portray him as Latino.

But, in all honesty, I think we should mainly focus on the charge and Venom properties.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
It's logical though. Kabal had everything whereas Bane has nothing. Grundy is better in general but I think since he has a move that's armored and leads to full combos anywhere on screen vs grounded opponents, Bane should get a much better up close game.
If they give Bane a strong way to get in, I'll be 100% happy and would not have to have a secondary main. That's literally all he needs IMO. Up close Bane doesn't have issues

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
having raging charge cancellable would be amazing. you could bait MB b3' and whiff punish accordingly, it would also open up for having the move actually work lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
having raging charge cancellable would be amazing. you could bait MB b3' and whiff punish accordingly, it would also open up for having the move actually work lol.
Your signature is so mesmerizing, by the way. I like the jazz hands he does though, lol.

If they give Bane a strong way to get in, I'll be 100% happy and would not have to have a secondary main. That's literally all he needs IMO. Up close Bane doesn't have issues
I would never use a rushdown character again.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
You hit the nail on the head. A solid way to get in is all I ask for. There's ways to do it now, but we're crippled after.

I think removing the damage taken debuff and changing charge would make Bane way better. It would be nice to be able to use my sweet trait ability without fear.

If Venom is left as is, imagine when people really get used to fighting Bane and focus on his Venom usage. Tell me this guys. How many people have you got in on, used up to lvl 3 venom, done insane damage, and they let you sit and wait out the cooldown? It's not unusual right now. Once people really get it though... "Oh wait, I have all this time where I can do stupid damage to him and he can't even hurt me?" Look out.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think removing the damage taken debuff and changing charge would make Bane way better.
So we're in agreement he needs less severe/removed certain aspects of debuff and a better charge, good.

On to the next topic. How do you feel about level 3 venom with all moves breaking armor? Superman does this and gets huge damage with faster normals overall(and zoning, too) and I think Bane still suffering a few consequences for level 3 makes this fair.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Your signature is so mesmerizing, by the way. I like the jazz hands he does though, lol.
I was JUST thinking that!

big_aug: That's not a bad idea. Why do other chars get to abuse their traits and we can't do ours? That's RACIST man!

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
So we're in agreement he needs less severe/removed certain aspects of debuff and a better charge, good.

On to the next topic. How do you feel about level 3 venom with all moves breaking armor? Superman does this and gets huge damage with faster normals overall(and zoning, too) and I think Bane still suffering a few consequences for level 3 makes this fair.
I could see that too. But, I would say to balance it the cooldown or duration of LVL will be longer or shorter respectively. I think we could handle that though. It would be a test of managing your venom properly.

jfunkey

Noob
Haven't really done a ton of thinking on this, but one of my minor gripes with bane and something i feel should be changed is you should be able to control where Bane throws somebody when he uses super, sort of like MB command grab. I'll go to the lab and try to think of some other things that should be tweaked

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Haven't really done a ton of thinking on this, but one of my minor gripes with bane and something i feel should be changed is you should be able to control where Bane throws somebody when he uses super, sort of like MB command grab. I'll go to the lab and try to think of some other things that should be tweaked
I like this guy.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I don't see how other chars like Frost just got a buff and no changes to Bane. I'm trying so hard to understand the logic of NRS, they must know something we don't. You can't make the ONLY guy to literally break Batman such a pussy

Reactions: RYX

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I don't see how other chars like Frost just got a buff and no changes to Bane. I'm trying so hard to understand the logic of NRS, they must know something we don't. You can't make the ONLY guy to literally break Batman such a pussy
Frost got a buff?

I don't know if that would be going to far or not. Venom is pretty powerful shit. No debuff and full armor breaking on lvl 3 might be excessive. I'd love it, but it might be excessive lol

The difference with Venom and Superman's trait is that we get lvl 1-3. Without a damage taken debuff, I can sure as shit tell you I'm goin balls deep lvl 3 all day. That's a long time to have armor on every special.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Frost got a buff?
It's in the NERF thread actually, 16 bit just posted. Supposedly you can't clash her overhead ice or some shit like that anymore. Not a major buff but she didn't need anything. I don't think she needed to be nerfed but don't buff that bitch either

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't know if that would be going to far or not. Venom is pretty powerful shit. No debuff and full armor breaking on lvl 3 might be excessive. I'd love it, but it might be excessive lol

The difference with Venom and Superman's trait is that we get lvl 1-3. Without a damage taken debuff, I can sure as shit tell you I'm goin balls deep lvl 3 all day. That's a long time to have armor on every special.
I meant a certain aspect. Like damage or speed, but not both because LBSH that's stupid no matter what.

HOWEVER, if he does not lose any damage, I think he should have to wait longer than 7 seconds(according to my buff list, it's currently 9) on Level 3's cool down.

I've played him a lot and I feel the things he needs are :

1. Venom Level 1 has no after effects after running out. Level 2 and 3 are different stories though and even then, the cooldown for both should be reduced by 1 second for lvl 2 and maybe 2 for lvl 3.

2. Charge attack cancelable while in Venom mode. I know some people may think this sounds silly, but I feel that it would give him a good reason to keep using Venom and using it effectively. If they do not do this, at least get rid of that stupid flexing animation he does after a non MB charge.

3. Give him a little bit of a permanent speed boost in movement. Nothing ridiculously quick, but make it where he doesn't move like a tank all the damn time.

I think this would place him much higher than where he is right now without making him a broken character. Right now, a lot of his high damage stuff depends on Venom. And any Bane user knows that Venom 2 and 3 are only for situations where you know you can win the match with a quick boost.

jfunkey

Noob
One thing i just thought of that might be pretty interesting is if his specials could gain additional attributes depending on what level of venom he's at. So like, at level x his air throw would ground bounce. I overall feel his trait is one of the weakest part of bane and needs to be changed somehow