What's new

Question The Buffs Bane Needs?

Alcarion

Gym rat
Nice video but beating shitty online players =/= a character being fine.
Was just about to post that myself, i mean it's clear that the guys you were playing against Masterhavik don't know how to block let alone zone out Bane.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
bane needs a character redesign to be good
i mean he have so many damn bad match ups
he needs so much things
If he was made much faster and Venom was better he'd be high tier. That's good enough for anyone, really. Being slow and gimmicky coupled with his trait being such a double-edged sword ruins him as a character.

If he was made much faster and Venom was better he'd be high tier. That's good enough for anyone, really. Being slow and gimmicky coupled with his trait being such a double-edged sword ruins him as a character.
bane is the most character that i dont have any prob with him as a killer frost mainer
i can easily zone him and if he's close or doing his armor move or something mb b3 or jump 3 full combo
he can't do anything

RYX

BIG PUSHER
bane is the most character that i dont have any prob with him as a killer frost mainer
i can easily zone him and if he's close or doing his armor move or something mb b3 or jump 3 full combo
he can't do anything
Because he's slow. :16Bit

By the way Bane fucks Killer Frost when he knocks her down.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I always love people who try to MB b.3 me, because by a good margin they are the most defensive players. Makes going level 3 venom to chew through it and chomping out 50-60% damage all the better as I watch them scurry away and try to set up a safe place again while my venom clock ticks down.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
u think bane can beat killer frost ?
Honestly, if it weren't for double hitting daggers I don't think the match would even be possible for her because of her lack of... well answers on wake-up. Literally if you can't wake up with something invincible (an even then we can delay-venom which beats it out) or armored then you better have a damn good zoning game... and double daggers is her only zoning tool we even need to care about since we can whiff-punish her ground ice from 3/4 screen if she gets to making it a habit of using it.

Honestly, if it weren't for double hitting daggers I don't think the match would even be possible for her because of her lack of... well answers on wake-up. Literally if you can't wake up with something invincible (an even then we can delay-venom which beats it out) or armored then you better have a damn good zoning game.
she still have so much things vs bane
as u have the block then mb R2 to not let him close 2 u
and she have the b3 mb to full combo him then mix ups
zone slide parry etc
thats why even without the zone she can beat him

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Honestly, if it weren't for double hitting daggers I don't think the match would even be possible for her because of her lack of... well answers on wake-up. Literally if you can't wake up with something invincible (an even then we can delay-venom which beats it out) or armored then you better have a damn good zoning game.
It's still pretty bad. Air dashes are always a problem and well, parry. Parry is a bitch, just like Frost.

As it is, this MU is probably 7-3 bad,

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
she still have so much things vs bane
as u have the block then mb R2 to not let him close 2 u
and she have the b3 mb to full combo him then mix ups
zone slide parry etc
thats why even without the zone she can beat him
Not really, no.
You better just hope I'm not punishing you or frame trapping, and MB r.2 won't save you for the most part.
b.3 Mb I've already said we can just chow through, mix-ups like what, f.3? She has no overheads.
Armor through, armor through and laugh, command grabs, lows, and baits
She needs the double daggers, otherwise she is just another person with no realistic mix-ups whose biggest damage comes from coming close to us where we are best, and has no wake-up options that are safe enough to use against us.

It's still pretty bad. Air dashes are always a problem and well, parry. Parry is a bitch, just like Frost.

Air dashes? That's laughable, parry only really stops the charge as 2/3 of our mix-up game avoids it. We can double-punch her air dash as soon as she starts it, by the by. Hell, even ring toss beats it out unless you prefer to wait until the last second.

Take away double hitting daggers and we can basically just stroll in. Even her parry doesn't do much outside of the MB variant aside from give us an inkling of meter and a case of the sniffles.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

Yeah against a Competant Killer Frost it's not good. She's very mobile should they choose to do that. But I do feel that If you shut down her slide and don't jump in to giver her a free D2 into slide you take away the majority of her game. Most people I play on-line seldomly if ever parry, they just slide all day, and get venomed.

Not really, no.
You better just hope I'm not punishing you or frame trapping, and MB r.2 won't save you for the most part.
b.3 Mb I've already said we can just chow through, mix-ups like what, f.3? She has no overheads.
Armor through, armor through and laugh, command grabs, lows, and baits
She needs the double daggers, otherwise she is just another person with no realistic mix-ups whose biggest damage comes from coming close to us where we are best, and has no wake-up options that are safe enough to use against us.

Air dashes? That's laughable, parry only really stops the charge as 2/3 of our mix-up game avoids it. We can double-punch her air dash as soon as she starts it, by the by. Hell, even ring toss beats it out unless you prefer to wait until the last second.

Take away double hitting daggers and we can basically just stroll in. Even her parry doesn't do much outside of the MB variant aside from give us an inkling of meter and a case of the sniffles.
she have maybe the best mix ups in game
try using b1 f3 mb with her
and see if u can read that in a match easily
or b1 slide

Yeah against a Competant Killer Frost it's not good. She's very mobile should they choose to do that. But I do feel that If you shut down her slide and don't jump in to giver her a free D2 into slide you take away the majority of her game. Most people I play on-line seldomly if ever parry, they just slide all day, and get venomed.
to beat bane easily u must use slide less
thats what i do

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
she have maybe the best mix ups in game
try using b1 f3 mb with her
and see if u can read that in a match easily
or b1 slide
So basically what you are saying is "she has the best mix-ups in the game" and then your only example is using f.3 which I just listed as her only overhead.
Its really not hard to read a character with no other options.
b.1 slide loses to venom anything. Everything she has loses to venom anything for the most part.