What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Lol I saw you playing. What did you think of him/how many matches did you actually get to play? O.O And why did you lose every match I saw?? hahha
I played like 7.

I didnt lose every match just the ones recorded ;_; and I had trouble adjusting to zoning lol

Nightwing has everything.

You just have to be more aggressive than your opponent at times. Which is kinda fun

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
I played like 7.

I didnt lose every match just the ones recorded ;_; and I had trouble adjusting to zoning lol

Nightwing has everything.

You just have to be more aggressive than your opponent at times. Which is kinda fun
His reach looked even better then I thought it was going to be. Do you know if you can stick stance lighting ground thing under Death Strokes shots? o.o

GuamoKun

His reach looked even better then I thought it was going to be. Do you know if you can stick stance lighting ground thing under Death Strokes shots? o.o
anything except his low shots. you will trade against those. his air wingdings are good for anti zoning as well but I tried to focus exclusively on staff stance

RYX

BIG PUSHER
anything except his low shots. you will trade against those. his air wingdings are good for anti zoning as well but I tried to focus exclusively on staff stance
Would just be the Ground Sparks or does his Ground Pound type move go under standing shots too?

Can he be shot out of it on reaction or is it done on read/spamming the living hell out of guns?

GuamoKun

Would just be the Ground Sparks or does his Ground Pound type move go under standing shots too?

Can he be shot out of it on reaction or is it done on read/spamming the living hell out of guns?
Only spark.

Cant be done on reaction since start up is too slow, must be done after a blocked projectile. Start up kinda slow but it goes sooooo fast

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Good! I was hoping that wouldnt change. And yea that staff stance looks sick. Hopefully he will have good damage in it.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
I've some questions about frame traps and recovery frames.
1. what is the significance of recovery frames.
2. If a move is +9 on hit, and my jab is 10 frames, it executes in 1 frame if done after that move?
3. How does one defend against frame traps? What are the attackers options around the defense?

I ask so that I know what I need to look for when developing frame traps with my Dick.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
2. If a move is +9 on hit, and my jab is 10 frames, it executes in 1 frame if done after that move?
3. How does one defend against frame traps? What are the attackers options around the defense?

I ask so that I know what I need to look for when developing frame traps with my Dick.
1. How many frames it is before you can move around iirc.
2. Yes
3. Depends on how tight the trap is.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Recovery frames are the frames of a move in which you are left vulnerable(depending on hit/block advantage and whiff) after a move. (Not the best explanation, GuamoKun ? ) EDIT: Chongo said it better.

Yes.

Frame traps can be escaped through moves faster than the advantage. Let's say Cage lands his EX Force ball frame trap and is +5, so he tries to do another F3, which now becomes 4 frames. Cyber Sub-Zero's parry is one frame, so he has three frames to parry and escape. HOWEVER, they usually have to commit to this escape option and depending on what it is you can scout it out and punish on read(big mind game for both sides)

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Thanks guys. So you can't jump out of frame traps or anything like that right? Unless you are hopping over a low?

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Been looking at some of this leaked footage >.> and Nightwings flip-crossup-overhead move bounces on MB. What up S tier rushdown. Cant say if its safe or not tho

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I feel like within the first week people are going to start reacting better to The Flying Grayson. It looks like it has incredible recovery, but I feel like people are going to learn how to stuff it pretty quickly.

However, looking at Nightwing's F3. The way he plants that staff might throw people off, armor up that overhead and we might be able to bait out a punish and hit them with a counter ground bounce.

I've been lurking a while now. Hopefully Injustice doesn't become Counterpick Kombat and specializing with a character will actually pay off.

I think the best combo ender for him is gonna be the flip kick. It splats the opponent, which means no wakeups. Knowing he has frame traps and that they can't wakeup, they're gonna be standing up into pressure. My only two concerns are, given back dashes have invincibility frames, they would be able to dash away from said pressure. And secondly, how much recovery is on the flip kick.

After hearing Nightwing has some pretty good rushdown and some pretty good laming ability, I think I'm gonna pick him up as my main. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.