What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatsup everybody, fellow nightwing main'er over here, i'm glad to see everybody is super hyped. For anybody who didn't get a chance to hear what Chris G said about Nightiwing i recorded it. He's probably knee jerking pretty hard, but hey I'll take it lol

edit: sorry for the super crappy quality

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but in the movelist it says Nightwings staff spin's meter burn function gives it a wall bounce, but the move doesn't seem to actually do that.

I only played with him for like ten minutes, I'm I missing something or is the tooltip wrong?
The knockback animation it caused kinda looked like it should wall bounce, but they just fell on the ground like a fish.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but in the movelist it says Nightwings staff spin's meter burn function gives it a wall bounce, but the move doesn't seem to actually do that.

I only played with him for like ten minutes, I'm I missing something or is the tooltip wrong?
The knockback animation it caused kinda looked like it should wall bounce, but they just fell on the ground like a fish.
It was patched out. His MB ground spark is now his launching special

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Is the frame data in the wiki correct? I'm reading things like +38 on block and +74...like really? Are his frame traps THAT good!?

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
lol damn I'm looking at all that like "How the hell is somebody supossed to get out of this!?" Regardless my copy arrives sometime next week. Can't wait to play him.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Pushblock exists for this
That's great. Seems like nightwing will be able to make his opponents think twice before spending meter on anything since they will have to have some saved up assuming his pressure is still godlike enough to warrant it. It's like "Do I want to get this Dick out of my face now or later?" :eek:

As someone who is a resident of Bisonolpolis would Nightwing seem like the kind of Character I want to use? Is he fast and relentless like M. Bison? (SF2 or CvsSNK2 versions preferably)?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
As someone who is a resident of Bisonolpolis would Nightwing seem like the kind of Character I want to use? Is he fast and relentless like M. Bison? (SF2 or CvsSNK2 versions preferably)?
Not too sure. Nightwing is pretty fast but I dont play Bison in CVS 2 :0 try him out either way!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
How is everyone utilizing Staff Stance?
I haven't played online yet, but I use it mostly for corners, switching up high and low pokes, overheads, and combos.
2,2,1,db3 in the corner offers a decent 25%, and I haven't fucked it up once.

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
I haven't played online yet, but I use it mostly for corners, switching up high and low pokes, overheads, and combos.
2,2,1,db3 in the corner offers a decent 25%, and I haven't fucked it up once.
bf3 gives you a bit more dmg. Which kinda makes me realize how useless db3 is. Idk what id use it for, its not that great for pressure either imo and it doesnt combo. I guess just to break armored moves?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Alright fellow Nightwing mainers (yes despite my name and avatar I will be a Nightwing main) I'm not use to this type of fighter since the only fighter I have been good at his MK, can someone explain what his best tools to get in and out of pressure are, and good way to approach (besides jumping).

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Does the guide have anything noteworthy for nightwing at all?
~Edit: like good pressure strings or frame traps?

Innocent Vision

♥ Nightwing ♥
How is everyone utilizing Staff Stance?
Pretty much taking advantage of range, and zoning with ground spark. From mid range, I try to play mind games with my opponent mixing up 1,d+3 and 1,f+2. If I score a knock down I can start more mix up pressure between 2 (bounce and main juggle starter from staff) and d+3 which is his low sweep. I use flying grayson to punish/whiff punish projectiles from mid range; flying grayson is also a great move to carry your opponent to the corner. Once my opponent is cornered I can go to work with spinning staff juggles.

The only real problem I have with Staff stance is anti airing. If my opponent attempts to jump in from afar or outside of mid range I can poke them out with b+1. From mid range if my opponent jumps in I can anti air with d+2, or air to air with j.3 and combo off of it.

While I can get in with staff stance with patience and zoning, Escrima stance I have much more difficulty getting in on my opponent. Any advice for using escrima stance would be great. What I tend to use alot from Escrima is b+1,1 ~ flying kick. I love it because it's a great cross up.

Status
Not open for further replies.