What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
I'm really liking that OTG. Seems like it will help Dick cum in and stay in. Those hops from his stick stance seem nice as well; I'm hoping Dick can apply the same kind of tactics we see in other fighters like empty jump mixups.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I'm really liking that OTG. Seems like it will help Dick cum in and stay in. Those hops from his stick stance seem nice as well; I'm hoping Dick can apply the same kind of tactics we see in other fighters like empty jump mixups.
Yeah the second I saw the hop I drew parallels with Billy Kane in KOF.

I hope his OTG has a lot of active frames.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
When I first play the game first thing I'm gonna do is jumping on training mode with him.

GuamoKun
STB Chongo
KombatNerd
Tenryuga

And any other nightwing mains.....

So with launch a few weeks out I'm thinking that the first few days will be flooded with info. From combos, traps, set ups, oki options, etc. it's going to be crazy hard to stay up and keep track of what's going on.

So, I propose we make a few threads to dump all our tech into until the flood settles and we can make a more comprehensive thread.

We already have the combo thread, so check.

I think we need the following...

Setups: this would contain oki setups, any sort of bait set ups, or even character specific set ups

Frame data/frame traps: anything we can derive from from data like safe strings, frame traps,

Move/ string properties: any info regarding strings and normals like what whiffs standing etc., things pertaining to specials and their properties like whiffing, pushback, launching, relaunching, what the mb(meter burn) properties are etc.

What do you guys think? Again these threads aren't stickies but just something to help us stay on track with each other for the first week or two...

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
There's a frama data thread.

The setups can be discussed in the guide thread.

Move/String properties can be discussed here?

All this stuff will be compiled into the guide eventually. We're fine right now.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I think move/string properties could do better in a thread of their own so it wouldn't clutter this thread and the info could be found easier... at least until it's added to the guide along with any character specific things that could possibly take time to discover.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
When it drops I'm gonna see if I can find day 1 combos that allow for the ground spark oki and followups to it. I'll also try to single out the moves that are neutral or advantage on block / hit so we can work together to see what he's got in terms of frame traps. Hopefully an Apprentice Dick such as myself will be of some assistance in gangbanging other characters. :cool:

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Just letting it be known that New 52 has been claimed..by me. If a Knightfall pack happens or Disco Nightwing, then have at Nu52.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Status
Not open for further replies.