What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted

Noob
Explain to me how I can win the zoning game, with facts preferably. This should be interesting...
You don't. Not with Batman. You can keep up with Batarangs and Bats, which he can't duck, but Dick's zoning hits low and is safer. A blocked Batarang is a free Ground Blast reversal to check you - you can block it, but it will hit you out of a follow-up Batarang. You zone only until Dick makes a mistake, then you stay on him in close. His wakeup game sucks.

Slade stays full screen and shoots him with guns. Repeatedly. He can Ground Spark under high shots.

Bats/Batarangs. Make use of meter burns. This isn't the Batman forums, they may be more helpful. Watch REO/Nightmare SF at EVO for best examples.
So I throw a batarang and nightwing ground pounds me and I cannot MB it and eventually I take more damage overall. Nightwing can jump a batarang in escrima stance and hit me with wing dings, which can be MB for a knockdown and both versions do more damage than my batarangs.

When I lose the life lead, I have to chase him down.

Deathstrokes low guns recover too slowly to be of use as far as I can tell and as someone said high guns whiff on sparks.

Anything else?

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Call Bat. Throw rang. He jumped? Bats already loose. Second rang on the way. He blocked it? MB'd and called another bat. Rinse and repeat till you win.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So I throw a batarang and nightwing ground pounds me and I cannot MB it and eventually I take more damage overall. Nightwing can jump a batarang in escrima stance and hit me with wing dings, which can be MB for a knockdown and both versions do more damage than my batarangs.

When I lose the life lead, I have to chase him down.

Anything else?
I told you how to do it. I gave you references to video footage showcasing people who have done it. I'm not going to argue with you, because you are wrong. If you want to continue believing that what you say is true, you are welcome to do so. I don't care if you lose to every Nightwing player you come across. I've done my part and your near instantaneous response only communicates to me that you didn't even watch the footage I referenced.

Wasted

Noob
Bats already loose. Great.

So...what happens when Batman is still charging trait? Bats are not some magical infinite resource. The Bats and MB rangs are all Bruce has going for him. He needs more meter and resources than Dick to play the zoning game. Dick wins this matchup, barely.

I swear you guys talk as if Bruce has infinite meter, all the time. There's no prep-time in Injustice.

I told you how to do it. I gave you references to video footage showcasing people who have done it. I'm not going to argue with you, because you are wrong. If you want to continue believing that what you say is true, you are welcome to do so. I don't care if you lose to every Nightwing player you come across. I've done my part and your near instantaneous response only communicates to me that you didn't even watch the footage I referenced.
No I didn't watch the footage because I am not interested in what YOU have to say.

To everyone else that offered suggestions, although they were conflicting at times, I will try to put them into practice and see how I do. Thank you.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The main thing about Batman/NW zoning game is that whoever gets going first, gets to keep going. If NW starts up with ground blast, the Batman can't get batarangs/bats going. If Batman is batarangs and bats well, then NW has trouble doing ground blast between them. In lots of circumstances NW will trade his ground blast with batarang, but Batman can either approach when he tries another one, throw another batarang that will trade/make NW block, or activate trait. As long as your proejectile game is on point you can outzone NW if you get going first.

Batman isn't going to be able to do that in every situation, but he has tools for getting in on staff NW just fine, and NW will be in staff if you guys are trying to zone each other. There is a lot to the zoning game between them, but either character can win it given the right circumstances.

Wasted

Noob
Agreed. Bruce can put up a heck of a fight, but he definitely doesn't dominate.

I'll always side with Dick, though, just due to needed resources. I find it easier for Dick to get the first move as well, but that may just be me.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
The way this conversation is going (back and forth) should tell everyone that the matchup is probably 5-5. Another example, and I know this is sort of an OS, of two very good characters with a lot of options that have a matchup that can go either way.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
How do ppl deal with jerks jumping in on you all day? D2 is so... Mediocre, and the dmg coming from it is pretty bad too lol. I really need to stop throwing out f213 fury on block bc I eat a huge combo everytime, lol.

NightwingDayZero

How do ppl deal with jerks jumping in on you all day? D2 is so... Mediocre, and the dmg coming from it is pretty bad too lol. I really need to stop throwing out f213 fury on block bc I eat a huge combo everytime, lol.

dash back, dash under. catch them mid air. block.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Sounds like a 5-5 to me. Of course, I am still of the mind that if NW can do work in staff stance, Bat has a tough time. But he has parry and trait to work with.

So yeah...5-5.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
I really hope Nightwing is in Arkham Origins, even if it doesn't make much sense in the timeline. I want it.
You and me both, breh. You and me both.

I've honestly been wanting to download him for the mission maps in Arkham City. Haven't played that game in forever. League of Legends vortex is too strong. ;_;

NightwingDayZero

You and me both, breh. You and me both.

I've honestly been wanting to download him for the mission maps in Arkham City. Haven't played that game in forever. League of Legends vortex is too strong. ;_;
I spend at least an hour playing Nightwing challenge maps on Arkham City every morning.

Nightwing is faster than Batman, just slightly slower than Catwoman, but with all of Batman's tools.

Also, his Escrima toss works like Batarangs, but they ricochet and build combo counters. Imagine ALWAYS having enough to instantly takedown anyone.

Nightwing is da bess.

I might attend NEC if the patch makes Nightwing's 7-3s and 6-4s more winnable. Arkham Origins is going to pull from my training time as much as Killer Instinct 3 will. :(

Wasted

Noob
D2 is just really slow. If its active frames collide with Bruce's j.2, it will win.

But yeah, it's speed stops it from being awesome. I just dash under.

Noob
I call it a tampon, because it's red and long.
LOL thats funny 2 but cmon guys, its a Pokehontas cause the only diference between Pocahontas and him is that they both are the wrong gender, old cartoon Pocahontas looks like a man when its supposed to be a girl, D. Wayne is a boy that looks like a girl, and they both use poking weapons

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I just want to give the whole NW forum a shoutout for going in hard with the hardest character to learn, in my opinion. Hopefully we get to see some Nightwing action in tourneys soon because this guy is really good if you put a lot of time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.