What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
So first round of Summer Jam I mistimed a dash -> duck against a random superman and got to eat fullscreen laser into super death. Gfg, I had that shit too. Then I got to play Relax State's Cyborg and just lost.

*tableflip*

Sent from the Batcave

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So first round of Summer Jam I mistimed a dash -> duck against a random superman and got to eat fullscreen laser into super death. Gfg, I had that shit too. Then I got to play Relax State's Cyborg and just lost.

*tableflip*

Sent from the Batcave

Nightwing aka Bad MUs - the character.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Nightwing aka Bad MUs - the character.
Nah lol, I was blowing that Superman up until I caught the laser to the face. I've also never played a Cyborg that's on Relax State's level. My losses literally had nothing to do with the MUs. I was blowing people up in casuals all weekend and choked in tournament. It's entirely my fault I lost, not my character's.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Nah lol, I was blowing that Superman up until I caught the laser to the face. I've also never played a Cyborg that's on Relax State's level. My losses literally had nothing to do with the MUs. I was blowing people up in casuals all weekend and choked in tournament. It's entirely my fault I lost, not my character's.
Man, I was so close and issues prevented me from going, I was pissed.

Ah well, theres always the next one.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
If I miss another major I'm dropping the game, missed ECT and SJ lol. I will be there hopefully.

I will also be going to a local in Marlboro in a few weeks.
Dang, really? Hope you can come then! Can't have the NW army shrinking anymore than it already is.

No shame in losing to a superman or a cyborg. I ran into Relax states Cyborg a few times online...shits tough.
I'm never okay with losing. I expect better of myself by this point.

And well tbh, I'm pretty salty I lost to the Superman because I know that MU, I just played kind of bad overall. But fullscreen laser -> super is just fucking derp lol.

Legitimately not mad that I lost to Relax State, however. Not happy about it, just not mad. The matchup definitely isn't as bad as people make it out to be; it just requires more time put into it than I have. He didn't have a lot of options when I was in, I just need to get better at getting the matchup to that point. Because let's be real, Cyborg has nothing in the way of neutral game outside of his keepaway.

Also, apparently TK fireball beats b2 start of round. I was pretty surprised when that happened.

Lulzlou

Noob
Could have been doing that instead of practicing MK. ;)

That being said congrats on top 4.
True but I still love mk ;___; The practice didnt even mean much at the end. I fucked up so many times fighting FK. I feel like I could have got another game if I had my execution on point. Shit happens though. I'm happy with my placing.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
True but I still love mk ;___; The practice didnt even mean much at the end. I fucked up so many times fighting FK. I feel like I could have got another game if I had my execution on point. Shit happens though. I'm happy with my placing.

Well I didn't watch a ton of MK but from what I saw your play was clean. Sucks when it just fails you; Being a former MvC3 Viper main I know how that is. :/

Btw why do you do b2, b2, df2 as opposed to b2, 3, df2? Doesn't 3, df2 do more damage?

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
So he can get that meaty low ground spark to force them to block and add more pressure. He ends with b2xxGround Sparks after the Fury as opposed to doing j3xxWingDings

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Well I didn't watch a ton of MK but from what I saw your play was clean. Sucks when it just fails you; Being a former MvC3 Viper main I know how that is. :/

Btw why do you do b2, b2, df2 as opposed to b2, 3, df2? Doesn't 3, df2 do more damage?
Since Gookus seemed to not have read what you wrote, I got you.

B2, b2 does 1% more damage than 3 I think. B2, 3 feels 100 times more consistent for me, so I give up the damage to do 3 instead.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson

B2, b2 does 1% more damage than 3 I think. B2, 3 feels 100 times more consistent for me, so I give up the damage to do 3 instead.
That's sort of what I figured was the case. Thanks, bro. 1% not worth, still going to do 3.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

I used to do b2 b2, its nearly impossible online. I had to adjust to b2 3 and I don't regret it in the least. It's so much more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.