What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I just want to give the whole NW forum a shoutout for going in hard with the hardest character to learn, in my opinion. Hopefully we get to see some Nightwing action in tourneys soon because this guy is really good if you put a lot of time in.

Saludos.

I don't think NW was too hard learn; being a Dick Grayson fanatic I was determined to get better with this character and never had the drive with any character before in my life. I guess if you're passionate about your main you tend to find everything enjoyable.

I can't see those who main Superman but aren't even Superman fans have as fun with this game as I do with Mr. Grayson

Shout out to anyone who plays NW in tourneys. Ares, NW, Lobo, Shazam, Cyborg and Bane don't get featured enough in tourneys. I know Grr rocks Bane, but I want more vemon dammit.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
BTW...can we get a Batman skin, Robin skin and Officer Grayson skin for Nightwing? He's like top 3-5 most popular DC character in the world but only has one skin. Damian doesn't count.

BTW...can we get a Batman skin, Robin skin and Officer Grayson skin for Nightwing? He's like top 3-5 most popular DC character in the world but only has one skin. Damian doesn't count.

I agree that he needs more skins, and the ones you proposed would be awesome. But, Nightwing definitely isn't top 3-5 most popular DC character.
Robin might be to 5. But outside of DC comic readers, nobody knows who Nightwing is.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I'm really interested to see what changes the cast will be getting this patch. Playing NW in tournament without a secondary right now is a death wish, and I'm hoping that this patch will finally change that.

If not, then I'll still be rocking MMH on the side to deal with a few characters, but I'll never drop Nightwing.

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
I've been a Nightwing main since day 1, no other character is on my roster. I learned how to play in Ranked matches and I would get bodied like crazy. But now, I'm rank 237 in the world in ranked after 3 months of serious play, only using Nightwing. Feels so great.

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
Calling all Grayson's, my team CORN will be streaming today. Me, JDM, Gpmoney, MR ALL CAPS, etc. Hope u all tone in to watch, I'll be answering questions, having good conversations, taking advise etc. with whoever is watching. I'll let u all know the stream link when we are all covered and ready

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I agree that he needs more skins, and the ones you proposed would be awesome. But, Nightwing definitely isn't top 3-5 most popular DC character.
Robin might be to 5. But outside of DC comic readers, nobody knows who Nightwing is.

well, we know the image of Dick Grayson as Robin is deeply engrained in the consciousness of several generations of fans. Dick Grayson has always been popular (at least amongst comic book fans) as Robin and as well Nightwing. (Guy was easily top 2 fan favorite characters in Young Justice which was a hit for your casual comic book or even cartoon fan). He may not always be someone's favorite, but chances are he is second or third favorite or somewhere in the top 10. I also know a lot of readers who solely read other company's comics who claim that Nightwing is their favorite in DC. It is because he is more accessible and reader friendly I think.

In my opinion, Dick Grayson is the glue that holds the DC Universe together. He was the first promise of a brighter future for DC's big heroes when he burst onto the scene. He was the first of an entirely new generation, and is now a mentor to yet another new generation of metahumans and crimefighters.

I think Dick Grayson simply had the makings of a popular character from the beginning since he was the first of his kind. He paved the way for younger heros IMO. I believe the future for NW is one that will grow his popularity from beyond here.

TheBoyBlunder I agree with you 100%. Amongst comic readers, Nightwing is loved. He plays a big role in the DCU, which was solidified in the recent Forever Evil #1.

But outside of the comic world, Nightwing is not known. Everyone knows who Batman, Robin, Wonder women, Superman, Joker, Aquaman. To a lesser extent Flash, Green Lantern, Catwoman.

The Nightwing alter ego is relatively new compared to the above mentioned. Outside of comic readers, I have never heard of someone who actually knew that the original Robin became Nightwing.

Until Nightwing gets a live action role, I don't expect the general public to have any idea who he is.

Noob
TheBoyBlunder I agree with you 100%. Amongst comic readers, Nightwing is loved. He plays a big role in the DCU, which was solidified in the recent Forever Evil #1.

But outside of the comic world, Nightwing is not known. Everyone knows who Batman, Robin, Wonder women, Superman, Joker, Aquaman. To a lesser extent Flash, Green Lantern, Catwoman.

The Nightwing alter ego is relatively new compared to the above mentioned. Outside of comic readers, I have never heard of someone who actually knew that the original Robin became Nightwing.

Until Nightwing gets a live action role, I don't expect the general public to have any idea who he is.
lol i disagree with some things but point is outside "general public" they know squat... i actually got into arguments with stupid ppl that swore from the heart that the Batman movies where cannon can you believe this...

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
General public is too vague for me as a demographic, theres a group of people there who never really messed with the comics. Just basic cartoon fans who were into Teen Titans and Young Justice recently. Dick Grayson is the leader in both series (even though my man Kal'dur was assigned leader, he got a lot of help from Dick).

Nightwing will be featured in season 2 in "The Arrow". His popularity is there and it's definitely increasing the last 5 years than ever before.

NW started in 1984, but DC fucked up because they kept pushing the Robin persona in other shows and didn't given NW enough time to grow (I was highly disappointed in Batman and Robin not just because it was a horrible movie, but because Robin should of became NW and it would of made a much more interesting story seeing Batman, Nightwing and Tim Drake(new Robin) fight as a team together. ) It would of help pushed Nightwing, still keep Batman popular and actually have a teenager play as Robin instead of a grown ass man. No grown ass man should be in a Robin costume...unless it's me for Halloween lol.

But you know what I mean? It's understandable why Nightwing isn't mainstream yet.

Noob
General public is too vague for me as a demographic, theres a group of people there who never really messed with the comics. Just basic cartoon fans who were into Teen Titans and Young Justice recently. Dick Grayson is the leader in both series (even though my man Kal'dur was assigned leader, he got a lot of help from Dick).

Nightwing will be featured in season 2 in "The Arrow". His popularity is there and it's definitely increasing the last 5 years than ever before.

NW started in 1984, but DC fucked up because they kept pushing the Robin persona in other shows and didn't given NW enough time to grow (I was highly disappointed in Batman and Robin not just because it was a horrible movie, but because Robin should of became NW and it would of made a much more interesting story seeing Batman, Nightwing and Tim Drake(new Robin) fight as a team together. ) It would of help pushed Nightwing, still keep Batman popular and actually have a teenager play as Robin instead of a grown ass man. No grown ass man should be in a Robin costume...unless it's me for Halloween lol.

But you know what I mean? It's understandable why Nightwing isn't mainstream yet.
wrong thread m8?

Noob
Yo any you guys would like them to take out that NW first skin alto color with the Blue mask tha tmakes absolutly no sence and use the colors of NWs armor from Young justice? i mean is it just me that loves how bad ass that armor looks? the armor is virtually the same as the one he has in the game its only the colors that need changing

TheBoyBlunder:

Dick will be in Arrow?! That is great news! I heard about Barry, but Dick as well, that is awesome!
They did bring up Bludhaven a few times in season one, so they did foreshadow Dick. Fantastic.

Cartoons in the last decade or so have helped Dick out a lot. Too bad he didn't get a real appearance in Justice League Unlimited, that would have helped him a lot.

Young Justice and Injustice have been the most significant in helping gain Dick popularity in the mainstream.
Hopefully we see a teenage Robin evolve into Nightwing in the coming DC live action movies, Bats vs Supes, JL, Batman reboot, etc.

14K: I want mullet Dick from BTAS.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Very basic question (sorry if this has been discussed many times before) - how do you guys guys open up people who always block high (in escrima)?

Wasted

Noob
Regular costume is too far different to justify a simple recolor.

Give him:

Disco Dick w/ Mullet
Arkham City
Young Justice (with Jesse McCartney voice)
Renegade

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Very basic question (sorry if this has been discussed many times before) - how do you guys guys open up people who always block high (in escrima)?
Do ground spark, dash cancel out and use b2, b2 into flip kick which will crossup on characters who aren't very tall, f213 stance cancel stuff so that you can use staff's lows, etc.

In escrima you get more left/right mixup that high low, unless you are switching to staff mid string for mixup.

ruff321

Noob
I still refuse to believe that NW is not going to get any buffs/nerfs. Yes I know he's a balanced character, but is it too much to ask just 1 fix for him? Considering how big this patch is it just sucks that NW is left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.