What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still confused why he mentioned a dash then. Does he intend to dash at the guy on wakeup? :confused: lol
I mean you can dash under the cross up. Like in Mk. Ppl do this a lot to make jip and jip miss. And it is a cross up. Because I'm being crossed up. Fact. Regardless of the blocking method. Jip jails you standing and is massively important for characters like Lao, skarlet, and cage who like you to stand block.

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
I mean you can dash under the cross up. Like in Mk. Ppl do this a lot to make jip and jip miss. And it is a cross up. Because I'm being crossed up. Fact. Regardless of the blocking method. Jip jails you standing and is massively important for characters like Lao, skarlet, and cage who like you to stand block.
So with your logic is EX dash with reptile considered a crossup on block?

This has me thinking though. I dont really see a wake up game for nightwing at all. Maybe he can do that flip thing on wakeup? But thats about it from what I can see. Am I forgetting something?

So with your logic is EX dash with reptile considered a crossup on block?

This has me thinking though. I dont really see a wake up game for nightwing at all. Maybe he can do that flip thing on wakeup? But thats about it from what I can see. Am I forgetting something?
Crossup block? I don't know what you mean. But using reptiles normal elbow dash is good to escape a crossover.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I think Nightwing looks amazing... arguably the most well done char so far... Deathstroke and Green Arrow are up there too

SLy

Noob
Now that I see legit anti airs in this game.. I think Nightwings Rod stance is going to be a threat in the footsie department.. I wanna try him out just because of that

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

looking at his Super Move, it looks like it can combo well, but maybe it has better reach when being done in the Staff Stance?

In gameplay related terms, I say we name this move "The Shocker".

Like, Dick gave Sex Luthor The Shocker and knocked him out.

:I

NINJA EDIT:

@ 0:28 dem dash speeds in his Staff Stance
@ 0:32 he has a groundpound type move? It looks like an OTG! IT FORCES THEM TO STAND?
@0:34 dat leap kick looks really useful
@0:36 dat air attack's range
@0:45 he is forced back to Stick Stance when KO'd
@0:49 those AA projectiles have nice range in front of him
@0:56-58 his stick stance has GODLIKE dash distance+speed
@1:20 he has an overhead pop-up attack?
@1:33 dat jump kick is the hotness
@1:38/1:40 he has this leaping attack that launches. It APPEARS safe....oh yes <3
@2:15 he does a crossover attack
@3:13 he interacts with that spaceship thingy and it flies away once done.
@3:34 dat KO pose of his is........different than others...in an odd way

GuamoKun

I wonder if it switches to Escrima when activating it? ^^

Also, I move that all future threads must be created with Dick puns. It cannot be accepted any other way.
Don't worry, I have a lot of Dick puns. btw, lookie at my ninja-edited post above

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Don't worry, I have a lot of Dick puns. btw, lookie at my ninja-edited post above
He's fast, got great dashes, dat staff, and nice ways to get out around. Oh yes.

I noticed the meter burn version of Ground Spark adds another hit. Maybe it's like Jax's EX GP? I can see him have nice set-ups with it and his stance cancelling. And if the opp. is blocking, he may be able to build meter back quickly with those multi-hitting Escrima and staff strings (similarly to Skarlet's F2121+2~EX Dagger). If that was the case, then it'd be so delicious.

GuamoKun

He's fast, got great dashes, dat staff, and nice ways to get out around. Oh yes.

I noticed the meter burn version of Ground Spark adds another hit. Maybe it's like Jax's EX GP? I can see him have nice set-ups with it and his stance cancelling. And if the opp. is blocking, he may be able to build meter back quickly with those multi-hitting Escrima and staff strings (similarly to Skarlet's F2121+2~EX Dagger). If that was the case, then it'd be so delicious.
looking at the gameplay footage he doesn't get meter from doing his spin move thing in his Staff Stance ;_;

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
looking at the gameplay footage he doesn't get meter from doing his spin move thing in his Staff Stance ;_;

That chip better be worth it.
-----------

May have missed something, but from everything I've seen so far, his specials are:

Downward/Anti-Air Projectile (Escrima), Jump Stomp (Escrima), Ground Spark (Escrima, Staff), "Flying Grayson" (Staff), Staff Spin?

Meter burn: Downward: Knockdown, Anti-Air: Pop-Up, Ground Spark (staff): Additional hit (more range?)

• Jump Stomp will help avoid projectiles, etc.
  • Ground Spark seems to lower his hitbox
  • Flying Grayson knocks the opponent back and may be a tech jump.
EDIT:I found this again. Lists some of his moves, but things may have changed:
Fighting Styles:
Specials:

Status
Not open for further replies.