What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I think as long as the stage has hazards he can use them to get around stuff and I think he has a move where he like jumps not too sure
He can jump off cars and stuff, so that should help. . and he has that "Flying Grayson" move that knocks the opponent back. I think it moves him forward, as well. I wonder if he'll be able to go over low projectiles, etc with it.

One problem I noticed while I was playing with Dick at NYCC -

When in a spot on the stage with something above your head, like the hanging car that you can interact with, jumping is limited and his air projectile won't even come out. So he's basically forced to interact with it or not do any air stuff.
i hope they fix that. although it looks like he'll be a pressure character, it would be nice to have that option if needed.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
i hope they fix that. although it looks like he'll be a pressure character, it would be nice to have that option if needed.
Even if they do fix the projectile here, I'm worried that this is a fundamental problem with that kind of stage interaction. It wouldn't make visual sense for you to get a full jump when there's a car right there, but what if there is a situation where you need to use full jump? It seems kinda dumb that this mechanic would be forced on you in certain stages.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm guessing that zoning will be problematic for him, and that when he gets in he's gonna have to keep his opponent in check with his air projectile and that staff. Just spit ballin' ...
When I played J360's Kaba....I mean Cyborg, I was able to counter ground projectiles with the air rang and counter air projectiles with the ground spark (it lowers his hitbox). I'm not sure how viable this will be long-term but at least he's not free from that distance.

true. but i wonder if u use the car to make another jump if u can use the air projectile. cause doesnt he kinda jump up and grab the car and pull himself up again?...hmmm....ill see what videos i find of that.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
There needs to be more footage of Dick on the Internet!

So far there hasn't been much to go on, but rest assured I am compiling what littler information we have and stuff.

btw, edited OP with more Dick Grayson jokes in the spoiler part

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
There needs to be more footage of Dick on the Internet!

So far there hasn't been much to go on, but rest assured I am compiling what littler information we have and stuff.

btw, edited OP with more Dick Grayson jokes in the spoiler part
You sir, have won.
--------------------------
Btw, I will be THE black Dick. ._.

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Idk guys. Prolly one of the biggest NW fanboys so Im going to main him no matter what. But he doesnt look that great. I dont like the idea of being reliant on stage tools, and with out that he has no way to really get in and apply pressure better then anyone else. But it does look like he has maybe the longest reach in the game. So his poke game should be outstanding, but with only half of his moves revolving around this it may hurt him. Also what the hell is up with that AA? :confused: lol

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Idk guys. Prolly one of the biggest NW fanboys so Im going to main him no matter what. But he doesnt look that great. I dont like the idea of being reliant on stage tools, and with out that he has no way to really get in and apply pressure better then anyone else. But it does look like he has maybe the longest reach in the game. So his poke game should be outstanding, but with only half of his moves revolving around this it may hurt him. Also what the hell is up with that AA? :confused: lol
Gameplay footage has been to few and far between for our Dick. It's very possible we haven't seen all he has but have you taken notice of his movement speed?! This Dick will be very tricky to catch

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I do like how his Ground Spark in his staff stance OTGs the opponent. Should be fun to toy with, I guess. It also seems quicker than the Escrima variant.

I really like that move where he jumps in the air and stomps the the opponent. Looks flashy and may help him get around zoning.

Can't wait to play him, though. Just over 2 months. :D

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Gameplay footage has been to few and far between for our Dick. It's very possible we haven't seen all he has but have you taken notice of his movement speed?! This Dick will be very tricky to catch
Its possible for sure, and no i have not noticed his movement speed. But I just looked it up, staffless his dash is not bad but with staff it looks slow.

As a person who struggles to deal with crossups in mk I am very excited at how fast Nightwing's dash is.
There are no cross ups in mk >.> you need back to block for that. Are you trolling me right now?

It looks like his staff stance will be the stance to go.
I agree! Which is disappointing for a dick fan. But I guess I'll feel at home as a Litchi main ^-^

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I think his projectiles will be of good use for him. The spark hits low and lowers his hitbox, the air proyectile seems to have a long recovery but covers a good part of the screen. With this in mind it doesnt seem like he would be able to zone anyone out, but it looks like he could be able to keep proyectile-happy people on check. Once closer the staff seems amazing for footsies, it has a long range, and that short jump COULD be a nightmare, i can see dick getting closer using the staff and switching to escrima once he is in. I'm worried because from the gameplay we've seen it doesn't look like a great stance, it of course haven't been explored, and what we've seen is pretty old and could have changed, but that is something i have in my mind because if he lacks in that aspect (assuming my former predictions were right) he would be no better than Jade in MK9.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
There are no cross ups in mk >.> you need back to block for that. Are you trolling me right now?
Yeah, we know, but jumping over someone in MK is called a crossup, he was refering to that. And while it doesn't change the way you should block, it is a really powerfull option against many charachters and it is hard to deal with. He meant that.

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
I think his projectiles will be of good use for him. The spark hits low and lowers his hitbox, the air proyectile seems to have a long recovery but covers a good part of the screen. With this in mind it doesnt seem like he would be able to zone anyone out, but it looks like he could be able to keep proyectile-happy people on check. Once closer the staff seems amazing for footsies, it has a long range, and that short jump COULD be a nightmare, i can see dick getting closer using the staff and switching to escrima once he is in. I'm worried because from the gameplay we've seen it doesn't look like a great stance, it of course haven't been explored, and what we've seen is pretty old and could have changed, but that is something i have in my mind because if he lacks in that aspect (assuming my former predictions were right) he would be no better than Jade in MK9.
Well said bra. I agree. As for the escrima stance, I can only think it would be useful on oki or environmental hazards that give you a free hit lol. It looks like it has better combos then the staff so its the ideal punish stance. And I can only hope it has better mixups and maybe some frame traps(cross fingers).

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
Yeah, we know, but jumping over someone in MK is called a crossup, he was refering to that. And while it doesn't change the way you should block, it is a really powerfull option against many charachters and it is hard to deal with. He meant that.
Still confused why he mentioned a dash then. Does he intend to dash at the guy on wakeup? :confused: lol

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I for one love dick and Dick. Not nearly as much dick AS Dick, which is why I cant wait to main Dick!! ;)

I know nothing about this character, but he looks really cool and I'm hoping he will compliment my Catwoman!

Status
Not open for further replies.