What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt see it anywhere in this thread but I was wondering if any of you have started to use NW stance cancels for pressure.

what i've been doing so far is something like d1,2 b2x4xdb2 , 1f1x4x(db3 for overhead, df2 for combo , or staying in staff for db2MB and force them to block b3)

also , anyone notice the frame data is all ka-jarbled? like i did d1,2 on block against shazam and the only thing i could get it to cleanly beat or trade with d1( trade if shazam's d1 is frame perfect) was NW f2(10 frames) . meaning d1,2 is +4 not +8

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
I'm not good enough with stance cancels to perform them consistently, but as of right now I prefer to finish my combos in whatever stance I started with. I'll only try to switch if I really need to counter my opponent's playstyle and hitting 4 standalone takes too long. My opinion may change once I get the hang of it, though...

I really enjoy watching the way you use your Dicks, and it makes me want to main Nightwing. I'm hoping you can help me learn how to use my Dick in a way that is very satisfying to me, but painful to my partner. I want my Dick to hurt and frustrate them at first, but eventually they really grow to appreciate the way I use my Dick, and ultimately enjoy it.(And if you're thinking did some random dude just make an account so he could make some elaborate Dick jokes...The answer is mostly)

I'm not good enough with stance cancels to perform them consistently, but as of right now I prefer to finish my combos in whatever stance I started with. I'll only try to switch if I really need to counter my opponent's playstyle and hitting 4 standalone takes too long. My opinion may change once I get the hang of it, though...
Yeah stance canceling is tough for me as well

Saitsu

Noob
Yeah...now we just have to readjust and fix every move that has incorrect frame data courtesy of NRS (though, I'm glad they gave us a majority of right frame data, that's more than most games).

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Yeah...now we just have to readjust and fix every move that has incorrect frame data courtesy of NRS (though, I'm glad they gave us a majority of right frame data, that's more than most games).
good thing we have based Somberness....

....I hope he comes here for this game ;_;

Saitsu

Noob
Also, I've been working in every option I know of so far in the pressure game. We have too many options to not land a hit up close, ESPECIALLY if we have meter.

Knobbonk

Burn this motherfucker to the ground
Tons of frame data is fucked. Flip kick is supposedly -8 on block, I tried for half an hour to punish with supposed 6 frame 1s and d1s. The only thing that punishes that I found is Supes' super.

So flip kick is safe, don't feel like you're taking a risk playing ambiguous crossup games with it on wakeup.

Knobbonk

Alright, then Supes b2 and b3 are both supposedly 29 frames startup. b2 cleanly punishes GL ring grab, b3 doesn't come close. I'm not trusting any of the in-game data now. Back to testing shit the old old old fashioned way since the record function isn't one.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I know I'm not that good at all, but I've been playing ranked online and it keeps giving me either people who are 200/50 w/l or people who are 0/20... and the people who are bad, ARE REALLY BAD, it's like they don't know how to block low so I just keep D1 them until they block and I end up getting a free 15% damage every single time. I think this maybe just an influx of newer players who do not know how to block properly, but still... it's making me look a lot better than I am because I do no combos and just poke my way out of everything and now I'm at 59/22, lol.

What do you guys think is better for close range: Staff or Escrima? Personally, I have a tendency to stick with Escrima for up close and staff for outzoning/mid range. Do you guys think Staff might be comparable or even better than Escrima up close?

Knobbonk

Staff has better mixups up close. Counterintuitive, but in most matchups sticks seem better at range until you can close distance and switch to staff, preferably off a knockdown.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I think staff poking is pretty good right now until people figure out how to get past it, but since the game is so new, the long range and knockback tend to get people very frustrated.

Saitsu

Noob
I'll be honest...Staff is better at every facet of Dick's game other than aerial control and approach. If you run into matchups where both aren't as important...you can do Staff the entire match with few consequences.

HOWEVER, I feel it's important to use Escrima up close within your offense as well to keep your opponent honest.

ruff321

Noob
Just did my first stance switch combo last night and it felt pretty good. Stance cancelling is a PAIN to do online because for some reason my inputs are delayed even in a fairly good connection.

Also, how safe is flying grayson? I'm asking this because everytime I did it it always hits my opponent and people never block it so I have no idea if it's safe or not on block.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Just did my first stance switch combo last night and it felt pretty good. Stance cancelling is a PAIN to do online because for some reason my inputs are delayed even in a fairly good connection.

Also, how safe is flying grayson? I'm asking this because everytime I did it it always hits my opponent and people never block it so I have no idea if it's safe or not on block.
frame data thread bruh.

it's -3. Safe from everything except Superman's super

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
I have secured my copy of Injustice. Any Dicks that wish to cross shafts should add Tenryuga on the PSN. We shall do battle over the weekend and the days to cum. I have much catching up to do it seems.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
When it's all said and done this character will eaaassilly be top 5... Good zoning with staff.. Retarded pressure and mixups for days... One of the best d1 in the game with staff... Great wake ups.... One of the best overheads in game with b2... Very quick good front and back dash.. Extremely good whiff punished.. Good range on b3... Extremely versatile move set with two stances... Ridiculous corner pressure with staff.... Retarded good overhead low mixups... Overhead cross up special is amazing and safe... Great frame traps.... 6 frame starter... D12 is great... Low projectile is very plus on hit yet safe on block.... Hands down best pressure in the game... I'm maining him. Hi I'm blak felow

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Well yeah, when Tom Brady goes on stream and says, "Yeah...if Nightwing gets in, you're probably just going to have to pushblock", that's probably a good indicator that everyone's in for a good dicking. Spending a meter just to breathe...lol.

Sent from the Batcave

When it's all said and done this character will eaaassilly be top 5... Good zoning with staff.. Retarded pressure and mixups for days... One of the best d1 in the game with staff... Great wake ups.... One of the best overheads in game with b2... Very quick good front and back dash.. Extremely good whiff punished.. Good range on b3... Extremely versatile move set with two stances... Ridiculous corner pressure with staff.... Retarded good overhead low mixups... Overhead cross up special is amazing and safe... Great frame traps.... 6 frame starter... D12 is great... Low projectile is very plus on hit yet safe on block.... Hands down best pressure in the game... I'm maining him. Hi I'm blak felow
shhh! dont go spoiling it! we gotta keep this a SURPRISE dicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.