What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been privately playing around with my Dick for a while now, but after seeing all of your Dick-tips I would like to join in this circle.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Hey, new guy here. Dick is also my main, mostly because he's my favorite superhero. I've only been playing against the computer, but hopefully I'll learn a ton of tech from you guys so that I can show off my Dick online someday!

ruff321

Noob
Any good anti-air options for nightwing? His scatter bomb kinda sucks and his down 2 escrima comes out a little slow. His flip kick is surprisingly good for knocking opponents down from the air.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Any good anti-air options for nightwing? His scatter bomb kinda sucks and his down 2 escrima comes out a little slow. His flip kick is surprisingly good for knocking opponents down from the air.
His air projectile discourages jumping along with his jump 2 in staff stance. He kinda lacks a straight forward anti air

Saitsu

Noob
Your Dick shouldn't be burning all the time when you shoot stuff out. Not healthy.

Jokes aside, MB wingdings is great, but MB Staff Ground Spark > all.

Sent from the Batcave
Yeah...as long as the opponent likes being grounded. Try doing that against Hawkgirl and you're just wasting meter and losing health.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Yeah...as long as the opponent likes being grounded. Try doing that against Hawkgirl and you're just wasting meter and losing health.
J2 works against Hawkgirl really well. But the Hawkgirls I have fought seem like they have no idea what to do and just fly :0

Saitsu

Noob
J2 works against Hawkgirl really well. But the Hawkgirls I have fought seem like they have no idea what to do and just fly :0
Unfortunately I've run into good Hawkgirls and...yeah, even Nightwing's J3 has trouble actually beating out some of her shit.

Like I said in the matchup thread, one way to take the heat off the matchup a bit is to find a stage that gives us an escape out of the corner. If we don't get that...never allow yourself into the corner against her.

ruff321

Noob
Not alot of variety online sadly so I don't know what Hawkgirl is capable of. Yeah MB ground spark is definitely amazing.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Starting to work on something that could help Dick out. If i'm not lazy, it should be out tomorrow.

Saitsu

Noob
I assume the MB version isn't much better then.

This will be definitely one of the first matches I'll try to explore when I get the game.
Considering it only activates after the startup of Scatter Bombs...no.

The damn move is useless. Too slow and small for AAs, not helpful for juggles...I mean what the hell?

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Considering it only activates after the startup of Scatter Bombs...no.

The damn move is useless. Too slow and small for AAs, not helpful for juggles...I mean what the hell?
There has to be something to use that thing for. It sounds pointless. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.