What's new

Guide Nightwing: Frame Data

AssassiN

Noob
Just gonna leave this here:

Pako already said that the frame data of attacks with multiple hits are wrong and will be fixed soon.
With Nightwing that is 113, F213, Staff Spin(is actually around -3 on block), Staff Spin MB, Flipkick MB and Staff Ground Spark MB.

I tested out the Flipkick MB and it's safe, not even Superman's super can punish it.
Used the reversal system to figure out that Flipkick MB is on block and it's like -1 or -2.
Staff Spin MB and Ground Spark MB are def advantage on block, the Staff Spin MB has more advantage than Ground Spark MB.

I figured out something to add to the vortex, his U3(overhead) and U3D3(fake overhead into low).
U3 is +10 on block while U3D3 is +9 on block, can't be tech rolled and sets them up for the same situation whether or not you knock them down.
On block the U3D3 has more pushback so his 1, 2 and F2 won't reach. While with the U3 those will reach however the 11 and F21 will whiff, the good news is that even if the opponent isn't blocking you'll still be able to combo of the first hit.

Dunno if you guys know this, but in the corner you can combo of a Staff Spin MB with a quick D1 + Staff Spin.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
What am I supposed to do about his d1 being plus on block??

Push block or b3 MB.
eeh...... sorta, i wouldnt use these because 1) you want to save push block for if he gets you in the corner , and 2) he can cancel any of those d1's into staffspin to make your b3 mb a waste.

What am I supposed to do about his d1 being plus on block??
depends on the d1 .

escrima d1 : just block, the push back will make sure he can only check you with another d1,2 and then you are outta range.

staff d1 : either block 3~4 d1's for push back and then back dash or block it out like a man. seriously learning to be patient and not getting frustrated is the most important thing when fighting dick grayson. but this is 2013 and nobody wants to do that lol

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Why is it that flash can connect with Flying uppercut during Escrima D1 spam, But not Staff D1 spam? In both cases after the initial hit is blocked the following D1's are coming out at 5 frames. I've tried this using D12 and got the same result. Do the Escrima D1's grant as much advantage as advertised?

AssassiN

Noob
Why is it that flash can connect with Flying uppercut during Escrima D1 spam, But not Staff D1 spam? In both cases after the initial hit is blocked the following D1's are coming out at 5 frames. I've tried this using D21 and got the same result. Do the Escrima D1's grant as much advantage as advertised?
No.
In Escrima the D1 is more like +1 or +2 on block while D12 is +4 on block.

AssassiN

Noob
Escrima forward dash: 20 frames
Staff forward dash: 23 frames
Stance change cancel: 12 frames

Tested this stuff out against GL's Lift(-26 on block), except the Staff forward dash which was tested against DS Low Sword Spin(-29 on block).
It felt like Staff-to-Escrima was faster than Escrima-to-Staff but it's the same.

With the Escrima forward dash being 20 frames, it's possible to punish GL's Lift at max distance with a dash forward followed up with 113~Fury.
When you are in Staff, you can change to Escrima and cancel that into Escrima Fury(14 frame start-up) to punish lift.
This stuff has to be done to the frame, the forward dash into 113 is a lot more viable to use than stance change into Fury.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Nope, it's +1.

Yesterday I went into practice mode and practiced following Flip Kick up with F2 against The Flash set to reversal with Lightening Charge, he started the animation but F2 stuffed it every time.

I also recall MB Flip Kick being +4, I don't know what has two of us believing the same thing.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Yesterday I went into practice mode and practiced following Flip Kick up with F2 against The Flash set to reversal with Lightening Charge, he started the animation but F2 stuffed it every time.

I also recall MB Flip Kick being +4, I don't know what has two of us believing the same thing.
I knew I wasn't trippin lol, I was doin d1 and stuffed joker acid blossom(he was just who random chose lol)
Maybe lab time is needed for clarity? I think so!!!!

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
To clarify I was using MB Flip Kick and following with F2. I kept telling everyone it was +4 and they kept interrupting me, so I went into the lab to find our fastest mid and drill it down to work on maintaining just frame pressure.

It was stuffing 6 frame lightening charge. I need to test if it will stuff 6 frame d1s.