What's new

The Beef Thread

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
download.jpeg

I would like to formally welcome TYMers to the place to let your hamburgers rest, lay your steaks down for bed, aka settle your beef.

One of the things I like best about Fighting Games is the intimacy of a 1 on 1 encounter. No one to blame but yourself for your losses, and alternatively, a great sense of accomplishment when you win.

chrisoatley_man-vs-man.jpg

Here at TYM, we often find ourselves in disagreement with one another, thus creating conflict. Conflict can be intimate, too, and satisfying, but at this moment theres no payoff to the conflict that arises on our beloved forum. Currently, the solution to this conflict is page after page of bickering and then it just sort of... ends?

That's no fun.

I propose a change. From now on, when in an argument or disagreement with someone, don't clutter the thread with off topic posts and vitriol, come here and spew on topic vitriol, but tag your opposed in the form of a challenge.

My suggestion, Ft5 or ft10 sets with stakes set by the challenger. The only rule I say shouldn't go, is loser leaves the site. We need active members! My suggested rule, after the set is complete, the winner can make a post degrading the losers POV here and the loser can not respond.

Ideally, these matches would be recorded and posted here for everyone to eat popcorn to and laugh at. Let this be the home for the delinquency of MK players.

Time to fight for what you believe in, TYM.

FunPic_20240730_154615243.jpg

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I'll start. I've had some back and forth with a couple members on this site the last couple weeks. I'm leaving for vacation in the morning, I'll be back the 4th. After that I need either or both of @Vulgar and @CrimsonShadow to play me in MK1.

Ft10, I'll record it. When I win, yall can only respond to my posts if you refer to me as Daddy, and you have to make a status that just says, "I suck small weiners when I have free time"

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I'll start. I've had some back and forth with a couple members on this site the last couple weeks. I'm leaving for vacation in the morning, I'll be back the 4th. After that I need either or both of @Vulgar and @CrimsonShadow to play me in MK1.

Ft10, I'll record it. When I win, yall can only respond to my posts if you refer to me as Daddy, and you have to make a status that just says, "I suck small weiners when I have free time"
I see your challenge and I raise you: Loser must write a formal apology thread on this forum, admitting that the winner is, and always was, right.

Otherwise, I'm down.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My only dream is to fight @Tom Brady .
Always has been, always will be.
It's the only thing I want to do.

My first major ever was NEC 12 in 2011, and he came out of the crowd like Shane Douglas in ECW and challenged @Noobe to a First To Five in MK9, Sub VS Cyrax for $100, and he won the set 5-4 with one of the biggest pops of the entire tournament. In that moment, I knew what I had to do. I never wanted to be sponsored. I never wanted to make Top 8, unless it was at NEC like I prophesized I would do many, many years ago. I want to fight Brady in a FT5 for $100. Don't care if it's on the tournament floor or in the men's restroom like that one time in Texas. I'm like a ghost with unfinished business, and that dream refuses to die.

I had a plan in 2015/2016 - a really, REALLY good one, that would have made for a great story. But, life collapsed into itself, drugs happened, and the whole plan got turned inside out. 2017 was a real dark time.

Don't even know if i could put up a decent fight now, I've been out of the loop for so long. But that's the only fight in my 13+ years in this circus that I've ever wanted to have in the center of the three rings.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This thread has been long overdue. I swear years ago there was something similar to this. Definitely agree, terms should be set, dates, anything in advance, then when someone gets washed up it's updated here with winner/video/length of bet win/etc. Maybe even keep the OP updated with results each time in order. Nothing better in a FG than rivalries being fought.

The Hex Man

Dojo Trainee
I'm alllll for it. Just in time for khaos reigns. Let there be khaosssss. Lol havik got everyone acting like a Savage. Lol and y'all said havik not a Good bad guy but he literally spreading his khaos into real life realm. Luv to see it

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Legit thought this thread was about grilling beef, got pretty hype over that alone.

Though I'm not disappointed.

@ImpostorOak @Vulgar

Make this happen, and I'll buy the winner the MK1 Expansion pack via a $50 gift card. (Just make sure it's recorded.)
I have my own YT channel that I don't really do anything with besides upload my sets to look back at later, so I'll be uploading it on my end as well.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
They should have a real beef mode. Where loser is locked out of online for 7 days, can only play single player if they lose a FT10 Beef.
actually get put in training mode against that character, has to go through trials or re-play the matches to correct their mistakes (akin to tekken 8 replay)

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Rewards for winning beef sets could include an actual beef burguer, sponsored by the loser lol.

God knows I'd be purposefully starting beefs all over this site

AtlasM

Into dust!
On the topic, i dont have beef with anyone in my local scene. Even the top players here are kind to always run games or talk when i ask. There's an annoying sub player who sometimes talks a bit much but i'll handle him as he's never beaten me in bracket.

But.

There is a certain someone in this site who owes me a canes match runback. Our last in bracket match had a desync, and i now run Ferramaker and Homelander. Evetually if it ever happens again it would be cool lol.