What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

What's the technique for landing the b3 after 113. I can't get it unless I whiff the first two hits. basically I have to stand sweep distance to pull it off. How do I do it up close?
It is just kind of tight. Seems to only work from really close.

I still don't know why the 223 combo does less than the 113 combo. It not being a blockstring shouldn't affect the damage at all? It doesn't seem like any hit in particular is whiffing, unless I'm very unobservant.

havent seen a f2 combo starter yet, why not? its sektors f2 but faster and hitconfirmable its a ridiculous whiff punisher, does anybody know the best combo after f2 grapple? im not a combo artist so I suck at this kind of stuff.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Thats just it. It only combos into specials which means you need meter or possibly trait up to get any respectqble famage from it. Also f23 makes you airborne so you cant follow thr launcher.

Not saying f 2 is a bad footsie tool. Just a bad combo tool.

Thats just it. It only combos into specials which means you need meter or possibly trait up to get any respectqble famage from it. Also f23 makes you airborne so you cant follow thr launcher.

Not saying f 2 is a bad footsie tool. Just a bad combo tool.
its also +1 on block. its used when your opponent whiffs a punishable move, f2 is a great whiff punisher with cheap range. and you almost always have meter in this game its so easy to build.

a few of my trait activated bnb's - ji2, 223, j3, 123, b23, trait, df1 = 43% no meter
ji2, 223, j3, 123, b23, trait, df1(mb), b3, b23 = 48% 1 bar of meter = (optimal bnb)
ji2, 223, b3, b23, trait, df1 = 42% no meter
ji2, 223, b3, j2, air sparks = 32% no meter, no trait

been in the lab practicing these all night last night and i got them down pretty good :cool:
Regarding the first trait combo you mention, did you ever notice in practice mode that sometimes near the end of the combo, usually when the bats hit the opponent/dummy, that batman would get hit by something too? Must be a bug and it has happened to me 3 times at least in practice.

Also figured out another variation of the 37% combos.
ji2, 223, b3, double jump, d2, 123, b23
The bats can be released during just about everything, so I am sure there is a similar double jump variation that can use them.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
why isn't 123 ji3 123 b23 in there? do you guys just think the timing on the ji3 isn't bnb worthy?

why isn't 123 ji3 123 b23 in there? do you guys just think the timing on the ji3 isn't bnb worthy?
Question, sometimes after I do the ji3 and try to do the 123 I end up doing a different combo instead even though I start with the correct notation. What am I doing wrong?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Here's a nifty trick to use if you're expecting your opponent to remove bats with pushblock, or if you think they'll pushblock regardless of bats. I'm pretty sure every character can do this by doing a normal move~ff or bb+meterburn, or normal~super, it will cancel out the opponent's pushblock.
Sorry for the crappy up-close quality, you can't make the CPU pushblock while using the record feature so I just had to make a ghetto tripod to hold my phone using my chair. This combo is 12 hits, 40%. Notation: 1~meterburn b3, jump 3, jump 2, 123, b23~bats

Ulturas

Noob

Just got inspiration from check4900s demo video for this one, I honestly think this one is amazingly simple to pull off and gives you a crazy amount of meter in the process. It is a trait combo but considering you can keep trait up for quite a while worth putting it into a combo also keeps your opponent in the corner.

Inputs:

Trait, JI2, 223, B3, JI3, B23, Trait, DF1 MB, Jump over 2, 112, BF3

113, b3, j2, 123, b23 = 34%/37%
113, f3, j2, 123, b23 = 34%/37%

the B3 version of this combo should not be used, because you will mess it up near the corner. the f3 version is much more consistent.

Vagrant

Noob
Is there a reason there aren't metered combos up?

Or just haven't gotten to it yet?

Not trying to nag bro. No rush. Just wondering. Great thread btw zilla

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Is there a reason there aren't metered combos up?

Or just haven't gotten to it yet?

Not trying to nag bro. No rush. Just wondering. Great thread btw zilla
I'll update it tomorrow, i originally had it but accidentally overwrite it and hadn't had a chance to re-do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
im starting to find i like ending juggles with 123 in some cases cuz it allows for good oki setups/pressure since it leaves them near.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
[deep] j.3 11 > MB Grapple B3 j.3 > Sparks - 34%/3 7% (depending on which Grapple is used).

Not bad for an attack with 10f startup (plus jumping time) and is +10 on block. EDIT: This attack will also cross-up after the first j.3 if done close enough to the opponent.

Also, since I'm not well versed with his optimal combo finisher, I'll keep using j.3 > Sparks for the time being, although there is definitely a more optimal version of a j.3 combo.

Trait, ji2, 123, j3, 123, b23, bats, super 56% 24 hits. Could have sworn I did a 57% version, but can only get 56% now.
j3 can be j2 for 53% and easier execution.

Chavocan

Noob
Hey guys, first post but been reading alot lately, i think i have a combo for bats that i didnt see anywhere
needs the bats out

Ji2, 123, B2, EX up batarang , b3, j3, b23, release bats, straight grapple. got me 50%

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Nice use of the MB batarang, I been wondering if it could be used effectively mid-combo. So far the only time I use it is as an anti-air combo starter.

hello ! I'm a first time poster ! And i have 2 questions

I am trying to figure out how to do this a quick kick B3 ( i think its a B3) we can see this kick at 0:03 in this video.Mine are very slow.

the video of course belongs to NEWYORKJOSEPH

another quick question is what does this symbol means ?
symbol: ~

combo exemple:
223, b3, j3, b23 ~ rb, straight grapple = 38%/42%
(combo taken from the first page)

thank you for your help !!!

hello ! I'm a first time poster ! And i have 2 questions

I am trying to figure out how to do this a quick kick B3 ( i think its a B3) we can see this kick at 0:03 in this video.Mine are very slow.

the video of course belongs to NEWYORKJOSEPH

another quick question is what does this symbol means ?
combo exemple:
223, b3, j3, b23 ~ rb, straight grapple = 38%/42%
(combo taken from the first page)

thank you for your help !!!
Wait until the enemy is at the top of the arc from the combo and just press back and heavy attack. Don't hold either button too long just press them together and let go. If the animation is too long then you are charging it, if it is quick and you are missing then you are just mistiming it after the combo.

The ~ symbol just means pause or wait I think. In the example if you release the bats(rb) too quickly, the grapple misses, so you need to wait for the right time.