What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
What's the most optimal combo to do off of a B3? I find myself hitting them naked a bit after a blocked MB Batarang.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Has anyone found any particularly nifty corner Call Bat combos? I've been trying to change up my combos a bit, update them as it were, as this would help.

I do a lot of short combos because I am an online player and always feel the need to compensate for any lag. I think I need to change this and just YOLO for the 34%
113 f3 3~call 123 b23 release j2 b23. 47% meterless

BlastX21

Noob
Couple questions

1. Whats the ideal combo off MB air batarang? Assuming I'm not far away, obviously.

2. Someone posted this combo a while back - 123, b2 xx MB air-batarang, b3, j3, b23. Its a damaging combo, but the MB air-batarang seems to whiff about 40% of the time. The opponent gets to the ground before it explodes. Any tips for landing this consistently?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Couple questions

1. Whats the ideal combo off MB air batarang? Assuming I'm not far away, obviously.

2. Someone posted this combo a while back - 123, b2 xx MB air-batarang, b3, j3, b23. Its a damaging combo, but the MB air-batarang seems to whiff about 40% of the time. The opponent gets to the ground before it explodes. Any tips for landing this consistently?
Hit the B2 earlier. I don't know how else to say it. It's hard to hit the B2 TOO early, but possible. You must hit them near the top of the 123 launcer

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thank you, Bat-Brother.
Its the SWAAAAAAG But It's tight timing, beware. And I'm not sure if it can be done with under 2 bats. The key to landing it, is hitting the 123 as high as possible so the b23 hits them as high as possible. Perhaps RapZiLLa54 could record this one to show the people :) we DO need to test if it can be done with 1 bat. If so, could be a new optimal corner punish.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Its the SWAAAAAAG But It's tight timing, beware. And I'm not sure if it can be done with under 2 bats. The key to landing it, is hitting the 123 as high as possible so the b23 hits them as high as possible. Perhaps RapZiLLa54 could record this one to show the people :) we DO need to test if it can be done with 1 bat. If so, could be a new optimal corner punish.
it can definitely be done with 2 bats. 1 bat is a no go but with 2 bats you'll get an additional j2 b23.

With 3 bats you can get a little more damage doing j3 b23.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
it can definitely be done with 2 bats. 1 bat is a no go but with 2 bats you'll get an additional j2 b23.

With 3 bats you can get a little more damage doing j3 b23.
Love this combo so much. Hitting that last j2 b23 is so satisfying.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Rude

Also from a mid screen to (near) corner hard knock down. I will use( usually for my first hit confirm or punish since it takes 3 bats.)

113 b3 j2 b2~call b23 release MB grapple b112

This has hella carry. But if you want raw damage with out the setup and leave the bats out you can

113 b3 call j2 123 b23 timing is tight online

And for swag 123 f2~call release b3 j3 b23

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
With one bat I like doing b113 release bat b3 j3 b23. Decent damage for no meter. But you can mb the b3 for some more damage

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I don't know if it's been posted, but I got the idea from @DarthArma when he was playing KDZ. This can be done with 1 bat but timing is fairly tight. I don't know how 2 or 3 works as far as timing, but I would assume you would just have to wait a split second longer

B23, dash/release, B3, J3, B23

I also don't remember whether it's dash or release first (very helpful, I know!), but this can also end in a hard knockdown with the air grapple.

Make sure DarthArma is credited!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I don't know if it's been posted, but I got the idea from @DarthArma when he was playing KDZ. This can be done with 1 bat but timing is fairly tight. I don't know how 2 or 3 works as far as timing, but I would assume you would just have to wait a split second longer

I also don't remember whether it's dash or release first (very helpful, I know!), but this can also end in a hard knockdown with the air grapple.

I think that I remember seeing this, as well. I'm pretty sure he released the bat first before dashing, but I'm not 100% sure.

Release the bat right before you dash. Then b3. With 2-3 bats the timing isn't that strict at all
Thats`s the key. Also, with one bat, that combo is easy to do when you are on the right side of the screen, but I can`t find the timing to do it when I am on the left side, due to the single bat flying behind Batman, and not in front of him...
And another thing, when you have three bats, the timing changes a little, because if you imput the dash B3 too early, the third bat catches the opponent AFTER the B3 hits, and the combo ends right there. That also seems to happen more often when I am on the right side of the screen.
Aaaaaand one last thing: If you are near a corner, you can dash Jump in 2 (or 3) B23 instead of dash B3, so you can mantain positional advantage, not bouncing your opponent to the other side of the screen (Credits to DarthArma for that, also)

Thats`s the key. Also, with one bat, that combo is easy to do when you are on the right side of the screen, but I can`t find the timing to do it when I am on the left side, due to the single bat flying behind Batman, and not in front of him...
And another thing, when you have three bats, the timing changes a little, because if you imput the dash B3 too early, the third bat catches the opponent AFTER the B3 hits, and the combo ends right there. That also seems to happen more often when I am on the right side of the screen.
Aaaaaand one last thing: If you are near a corner, you can dash Jump in 2 (or 3) B23 instead of dash B3, so you can mantain positional advantage, not bouncing your opponent to the other side of the screen (Credits to DarthArma for that, also)

Thanks!

As for the timing on the left, it is VERY different and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. but as the bomb explodes you left go of the bat and then forward dash after and b3. Now when inputting forward dash you have to be careful to not start inputing before the bat is release, for some reason if you press trait in between or during other inputs in this game it kind of screws them up.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...

Credit goes to UsedForGlue who discovered this months ago. He shared it with me but wanted to keep it secret because of the fear that it may be patched out.

I've been doing it on the Atlanta Kombat stream since July and Darth Arma didn't know you could do it with one bat till I showed him at TFC months later.

I've got slew of 1bat combos and tech I'm making a video for that is just taking some time because I'm a little busy these days but it will be posted soon. There's many 1 bat meter less combos exceeding 43%-48% damage midscreen without the use of interactables.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Credit goes to UsedForGlue who discovered this months ago. He shared it with me but wanted to keep it secret because of the fear that it may be patched out.

I've been doing it on the Atlanta Kombat stream since July and Darth Arma didn't know you could do it with one bat till I showed him at TFC months later.

I've got slew of 1bat combos and tech I'm making a video for that is just taking some time because I'm a little busy these days but it will be posted soon. There's many 1 bat meter less combos exceeding 43%-48% damage midscreen without the use of interactables.
I actually recently posted one of yours in a large Batman Combo / Tech PM session that I'm not sure if you were added as a member of or not:

JI2, 123, F2, call bats, 123, release bats, B3, follow-up

I've been starting to use that one a lot lately, but I've been trying to figure out the best option on what to do after hitting the B3 in the event that I called two or more bats. If I called one, then I just follow the B3 with JI2, B23. But if two or more, I just leave out the JI2 and finish with B23. Do you use something different for this combo or does that sound about right?

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I actually recently posted one of yours in a large Batman Combo / Tech PM session that I'm not sure if you were added as a member of or not:

I've been starting to use that one a lot lately, but I've been trying to figure out the best option on what to do after hitting the B3 in the event that I called two or more bats. If I called one, then I just follow the B3 with JI2, B23. But if two or more, I just leave out the JI2 and finish with B23. Do you use something different for this combo or does that sound about right?
I like the sound of this

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...

I am not a member of that convo but would love to be.

Yeah that's it exactly. If I have one bat I usually end it with j2, b23 but these days I'm not releasing the bat every time. If the opponent doesn't have a wake up attack that can punish me I'll do J12, 123, F2, cb, 123, b23 and throw a batarang, trait bat, batarang at them as they are waking up which ends up doing 33% damage plus 5.89% chip for a total of 38.89% damage. While that is about 1% less damage, it is almost 3/4 of a bar of meter gain difference. The batarang, trait bat, batarang block string builds about half a bar and doing 6 percent chip instead of 7% raw damage keeps your opponent from building over a quarter of a bar. If the opponent has a wakeup attack that can punish you for this then that must be considered. Also add me to that convo pimp.

KRYS9984

Noob
beef_supreme can you add me as well?

I messaged Rude on PSN yesterday regarding a video I recently recorded and he suggested I contact you for the conversation invite.

I wanted to pass a few things by the Batman mods before uploading my video on Youtube and posting it in this sub-forum.