What's new

Guide The Assassin's Combo Manual (Deathstroke Combo Thread)

ryublaze

Noob
Position Reversal Combos (not sure if the last one is known)

Last one is d2, b3, dash (then walk forward a little), 1, 323, 12 xx sword flip (25%)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
New wall carry BnB off of AA d2:
(I also recorded the first two wall carry combos off of F3 and B1U2)

The new BnB is d2, b3, j2, j2, 323, 12 xx sword flip (28%)

You can also replace the j2 with j3 if you hit the b3 low to the ground but that isn't really consistent imo.

I honestly think these combos aren't that hard to do and can become BnBs if you up your execution. Deathstroke already has some of the best wall carry in the game so why not make the best of it? But like RiBBz said, if you are afraid you might drop the combo then stick with the old BnBs. These do the same damage but with more wall carry.
If you want more wall carry in sacrifice of damage, remove the 323. Ending with F23 xx Flip without 323 grants more wall carry and frame Adv off of Flip. Not that you can do anything afterwards though besides regular oki since you're too far from the enemy.

ryublaze

Noob

This is a concept i've made some time ago , you can safejump 10+ startup frames wakeups but timing is strict , 14 or + they're fairly easily and you can do that even in the corner from decent advantage SF knockdowns like 12xflip.
that looks really good. i might try using that more but i'm not sure how I feel about giving up 4-5% for the setup and they might just block it once they see u go for it.

Is the corner combo F3, d2, j2, 23 flip backdash jump 3? If it is then that does 24% which seems like a lot of damage you're giving up.

ryublaze

Noob
Something I noticed about the wall carry combos i posted, is that if u double dash and try to go for a 50/50 they can backdash or jump out...so I guess they are only good if you really need to get them to the corner or if u don't plan on double dashing in.

Crathen

Death is my business
that looks really good. i might try using that more but i'm not sure how I feel about giving up 4-5% for the setup and they might just block it once they see u go for it.

Is the corner combo F3, d2, j2, 23 flip backdash jump 3? If it is then that does 24% which seems like a lot of damage you're giving up.
In the corner you can go for enders like 12xxflip or d2xxflip and neutral jump 3 to safejump some of the slower wakeups( like WoWo lasso spin and amazon uppercut ) , trying it right now in training i can't neutral safejump MMH push wich is 14 frames but i can safejump it if i jump forward ( wich of course means we lose the corner ).

It has something to do w the fact that missed neutral jump normals have more trip guard frames than the forward and backjumps.

So vs WoWo in the corner you can go for your standard Bnb and still safejump her because her slow startup frames on spin and uppercut , i'll see what other characters we can safejump in the corner.

ryublaze

Noob
@Crathen what about this corner combo? f3, 1, d2, neutral jump 2, f23 flip (26%) then dash forward neutral jump 3. I am doing it on Superman's Rising Grab which is 11 frames and the safe jump works. Also dashing forward could reverse their wake-ups and they might wake-up the opposite direction into the corner.

Crathen

Death is my business
@Crathen what about this corner combo? f3, 1, d2, neutral jump 2, f23 flip (26%) then dash forward neutral jump 3. I am doing it on Superman's Rising Grab which is 11 frames and the safe jump works. Also dashing forward could reverse their wake-ups and they might wake-up the opposite direction into the corner.
Do you block the rising grab or it just whiffs? Air grab has this hitbox that doesn't hit vs low profile moves and the latest frames of j3 lower his hitbox.

I'm doing a standard bnb like b1u2 f3 1 323 12 SF then nj3 and the grab whiffs.

ryublaze

Noob
Do you block the rising grab or it just whiffs? Air grab has this hitbox that doesn't hit vs low profile moves and the latest frames of j3 lower his hitbox.

I'm doing a standard bnb like b1u2 f3 1 323 12 SF then nj3 and the grab whiffs.
it whiffs but can't you punish it on whiff?

Crathen

Death is my business
it whiffs but can't you punish it on whiff?
Yes you can , it is good vs Superman.

But against wakeups like Sinestros arachnid and MMH push you won't be able to safejump those and get trip guarded because those have better hitboxes than air grab.

ryublaze

Noob
Yes you can , it is good vs Superman.

But against wakeups like Sinestros arachnid and MMH push you won't be able to safejump those and get trip guarded because those have better hitboxes than air grab.
oh ok, yeah i'm trying it on sinestro and it's not working. i think the highest i can get is 26% for a safe jump.

ryublaze

Noob
yea in the corner you can't safejump him but midscreen you can

As i said neutral jump air normals have more trip guard frames.
yea forward/back jumps are faster than neutral jump. in the corner i'm doing f3, d2, forward jump 3, 23 sword flip (26%) then i'm dashing forward and neutral jump 3 and it safe jumps on sinestro.

Crathen

Death is my business
yea forward/back jumps are faster than neutral jump. in the corner i'm doing f3, d2, forward jump 3, 23 sword flip (26%) then i'm dashing forward and neutral jump 3 and it safe jumps on sinestro.
Are you making sure that the nj3 hits if Sinestro doesn't wakeup? What i do to test is recording the setup w DS and then waking up or block w Sinestro , i can never safejump him w neutral jump.

ryublaze

Noob
Are you making sure that the nj3 hits if Sinestro doesn't wakeup? What i do to test is recording the setup w DS and then waking up or block w Sinestro , i can never safejump him w neutral jump.
you're right, i just tried doing that and it never worked lol. ok thanks.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth it do go for a safe jump in the corner. Can you hit confirm the jump 3 into combo or do you have to immediately do a d2 after it? If so then wouldn't that get you hit by wake-ups? And if you were doing this on characters with punishable wake-ups then can't you just go for a F3 then dash cancel out of it and block to bait/punish wake-ups?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
One I didn't see listed that I do sometimes if I end up by a BGB after a J3 conversion is:

J3, 323, f2~BGB, b3, j3, 12~SF = ~47% I think or 50% if you MB quick shot it for the ender.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
One I didn't see listed that I do sometimes if I end up by a BGB after a J3 conversion is:

J3, 323, f2~BGB, b3, j3, 12~SF = ~47% I think or 50% if you MB quick shot it for the ender.
This is actually really useful. I've always internally complained that DS doesn't have a BGB go-to when late in a combo.

RiBBz22

This is actually really useful. I've always internally complained that DS doesn't have a BGB go-to when late in a combo.
Yeah one of the things I like about the BGB combos kinda like that one is that if you hit the J3 really late it will cross up to the other side and you can go for another cross-up F3 to try and reset them. Online I usually won't do the j3 12 SF part, I usually just do j3 SF if the connection isn't that good and you only give up a few %

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah one of the things I like about the BGB combos kinda like that one is that if you hit the J3 really late it will cross up to the other side and you can go for another cross-up F3 to try and reset them. Online I usually won't do the j3 12 SF part, I usually just do j3 SF if the connection isn't that good and you only give up a few %
Just do D2 after a J3. Will always connect no matter what height. Even neutral J3s

RiBBz22

Just do D2 after a J3. Will always connect no matter what height. Even neutral J3s
I am talking about the end of that BGB combo though, and reversing positions at the end. So leaving off the last part to go for the cross up. I don't think it works on every character though. Probably not large body chars that have slower air trajectory.

ryublaze

Noob
Another side-switch combo off of B3:

B3, j2, dash under, 1, 323, 12 xx sword flip (33%)
MB B3, j2, dash under, 1, 323, 12, xx sword flip (38%)

Vagrant

Noob

This is what I use too.

If I go for a crossup j3 or something and I know that if they eat the j3 323 will push them to a BGB then I'll do 323 instead of a 50/50 after j3 and hope they didn't expect the crossup.

Damge is too stronk and too swag to pass up for the 50/50 after crossup j3

Vagrant

Noob
In the corner you can go for enders like 12xxflip or d2xxflip and neutral jump 3 to safejump some of the slower wakeups( like WoWo lasso spin and amazon uppercut ) , trying it right now in training i can't neutral safejump MMH push wich is 14 frames but i can safejump it if i jump forward ( wich of course means we lose the corner ).

So vs WoWo in the corner you can go for your standard Bnb and still safejump her because her slow startup frames on spin and uppercut , i'll see what other characters we can safejump in the corner.
Do martians teles avoid mbf3 after knockdown in the corner or do they get stuffed? I'm assuming the overhead one gets stuffed because of the start up but I don't know if the regular one has invinc or not.

That's awesome about WW btw.

RiBBz22

This is what I use too.

If I go for a crossup j3 or something and I know that if they eat the j3 323 will push them to a BGB then I'll do 323 instead of a 50/50 after j3 and hope they didn't expect the crossup.

Damge is too stronk and too swag to pass up for the 50/50 after crossup j3
Yeah background bounce stages are so sick for DS. 323 has so much carry it seems to always get you in range of them even if you seem far away. I love using the BGB after a F3, J3, F2 too in the footsie game that combo is so easy and leads to such great damage/spacing.