What's new

Guide The Assassin's Combo Manual (Deathstroke Combo Thread)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Something I remembered while practicing Arrow, since it works for him too and I haven't seen other DS players doing it - a perfect way to time b3 off the swinging turbine in Ferris Aircraft is to just immediately dash forward after it hits. Lets you get the optimal interactable combo and retake the corner.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Good lord I'm going to have to make updates. Background bounce combos just got better, any combo involving F3/B3 just got stronger, and trait setup combos just got broadened.

Fun fact: 52% was only achievable with the super before, but now with Ji2, 12 xx MB B3, you can get it for 3 bars instead.

Updates to come when I'm not super busy...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Good lord I'm going to have to make updates. Background bounce combos just got better, any combo involving F3/B3 just got stronger, and trait setup combos just got broadened.

Fun fact: 52% was only achievable with the super before, but now with Ji2, 12 xx MB B3, you can get it for 3 bars instead.

Updates to come when I'm not super busy...

Can you post my Trait set-ups from Vagrant's thread? Optimize them too if you can.

Watchtower is already a great map for deathstroke, this makes it even better IMO. For the record, using this setup for meter less combos and 1 bar of meter instead of doing J3 xx F+R1 I did J3, 3 xx F+R1. Meter less gets 53% 1 bar gets 57%. If anybody wants notations feel free to ask, while the timing is strict this is very good. To my knowledge not a lot of characters can combo off of a set up like this, deathstroke's 323 combo (thank god) just has a lot of range.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Watchtower is already a great map for deathstroke, this makes it even better IMO. For the record, using this setup for meter less combos and 1 bar of meter instead of doing J3 xx F+R1 I did J3, 3 xx F+R1. Meter less gets 53% 1 bar gets 57%. If anybody wants notations feel free to ask, while the timing is strict this is very good. To my knowledge not a lot of characters can combo off of a set up like this, deathstroke's 323 combo (thank god) just has a lot of range.

Whoah, is that Fortress of Solitude rocket 2.0? Good stuff.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
2. Why do most of the combos end in F23 sword flip instead of F2 Sword spin? I'd think that a standing reset is a much more desirable outcome than a soft knockdown.
I've wanted to know this forever myself, but I kept forgetting to ask.
This seems like a really good idea, but I feel like there has to be a good reason no one's doing it, and I haven't gotten to play in almost a month. Standing resets in a game pretty much based around 50/50's? Why the hell not? Is it the frames?

Let's be honest here, hit confirming sucks in NRS games. I love the games still, but they're a bit too stiff in that department.
Quoted. For. Fucking. Truth.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I've wanted to know this forever myself, but I kept forgetting to ask.
This seems like a really good idea, but I feel like there has to be a good reason no one's doing it, and I haven't gotten to play in almost a month. Standing resets in a game pretty much based around 50/50's? Why the hell not? Is it the frames?

Trust me, I've wanted this more than anything, but Spin is just too negative on hit. It's stupid. Here are the mechanics behind Spin on hit.

On raw hit, Spin is +1.
When used in a combo, gravity scaling affects the overall hitstun of the second move. The longer the combo, the more negative you are.
A typical DS combo is long enough such that the hitstun will be SO bad, that the opponent recovers around 8-9 frames BEFORE DS. You can actually be PUNISHED for using this, especially in the corner.

If you need proof, set the CPU to jump and do this combo:
B1U2, F3, 1, 323, 1 xx Spin
Hold UP after you finish the combo to jump ASAP. You'll notice the CPU can jump WAY sooner than you.

Even if it had more hitstun, Spin enders midscreen push the opponent too far back. You have to dash to get to them.

Crathen

Death is my business
So i've made this BnB video , kinda put a lot of stuff in it , if you guys notice anything wrong or missing from it i can add it , there's a few combos ( like the 2 bars MB b3in certain combos will whiff on low hitbox characters ) i didn't specify on who works and omitted things like b22xxMB b3 connecting on certain characters ( ala Catwoman ).

You might wanna add it to the OP Mikman360 , this should be a nice compendium for who are starting using DS or level up their staple Bnb combos.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So i've made this BnB video , kinda put a lot of stuff in it , if you guys notice anything wrong or missing from it i can add it , there's a few combos ( like the 2 bars MB b3in certain combos will whiff on low hitbox characters ) i didn't specify on who works and omitted things like b22xxMB b3 connecting on certain characters ( ala Catwoman ).

You might wanna add it to the OP Mikman360 , this should be a nice compendium for who are starting using DS or level up their staple Bnb combos.

I saw that last night (11 minutes after you posted it... I swear I'm not a stalker), and it's excellent stuff, thank you Crathen. I'll be sure to put it in the first post when I decide to update (if I have time this weekend I will).

Btw, very nice find on that corner 323 meterless combo. I was wondering if there was a way to get another sword rotation in without using meter.

A few things I could mention. The strongest 1 bar B1U2 combo is actually B1U2, MBF3, 323, F23 xx Flip
If you want to blow 2 bars on a B22 combo, B22 xx MB F3 far outdamages MB Spin, MB Quick Fire
Ji3 after a background bounce is stronger than Ji2... but Ji2 is so much easier a lot of the time
132, Ji2, 3 xx Background Bounce > 132, Ji2, F2 xx Background Bounce
Strongest transition combo off of F3 is actually F3, Ji2, D2, B3
Strongest 1 bar 323 combo is 323, F23 xx MB Spin, 323, F23 xx Flip
Strongest meterless B1U2 combo using a background bounce: B1U2, Ji2, 3 xx Background Bounce, B3, Ji3, 323, 12 xx Flip
Strongest meterless B1U2 combo using a LATE background bounce: B1U2, Ji2, 323, F2 xx Background Bounce, B3, (Small walk forwards) 323, 12 xx Quick Fire (I HATE late background bounce combos though...)

If there's anything I notice later, Ill letcha know.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. I've gotten a new job that's been keeping me real busy lately, but my goal is indeed to update this post with the combos it needs.