What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

Leooooh

Noob
Even Smoke is better ? t.t
Smoke has a lot of good answers agains zoners. He might have picked him to complement the weakness of Rain agains zoners.

As for which combo you should use after lightning, I always use the lightning, water bubble, 4 RH, 43, Aqua Splash. It can be done from anywhere and does 24% and leaves the oponent standing.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Rain has trouble vs zoners yeah; but not Smoke in my opinion Saja, Smokeballs can't really keep him out that well and have no pushback. I wouldn't call any zoners though with the exception of Kitana and Kabal and Sub a bad matchup for Rain. In my humble opinion all the rest are about 5-5; it's just all about getting in with the rest.

The main thing about those three is that their offense is good up close as well and have quick normals.

I have few rain questions

His best BnB no meter combo is: 43,bubble,uppercut,43,lighting,rh,43,aqua ? or is it better to start combo with lighting and end with bubble?
Whats best follow up after NJP?
Whats best combo to use after d1 as AA?
Whats best Corner combo? 43,bubble,43,geyser,43,geyser,43geyser ?

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3

His best BnB no meter combo is: 43,bubble,uppercut,43,lighting,rh,43,aqua ? or is it better to start combo with lighting and end with bubble?
1: Depends on your definition of best. I prefer 4,3xx Lightning>>Uppercut>>43xxbubble, 43xx Squirtle. It does more damage up to the bubble, so you can choose to let the bubble drop into a reset, or to finish it off. Your combo has only one option.

2: Here's a couple. If you need to finish your opponent off, go for the damage; if not, the reset is nice :3
(26% Bubble Reset) NJP 43xxRH, 43xxLightning, Bubble
(34% Squirtle Reset) NJP 43xxRH, 43xxLightning, 43xxSquirtle (if your timing is off the squirtle will whiff, but you can use EX Squirtle if you think you missed it. Make it a 35%)
(43% X-ray Squirtle Reset) NJP 43xxRH, 43xxLightning, 43xxX-ray (I believe 4xxX-ray is easier to time), Squirtle.

3: Don't have an answer for ya

4: I prefer: 43XXbubble (lift high), Uppercut 43xxgeyser, 43xxlightning, 43xxgeyser (55% with the JIP).
EDIT: This is a video of ALMOST the same combo. Mine does the same damage but keeps them in the corner.

Leooooh

Noob

1: Completely agree with Quantus....Despite having a better dmg, you combo will always end in the same way, while when you end it with a bubble you have plenty of ways to end it.

2: Agreed

3: I prefer to use standing 1 rather then d+1 as an anti air. After hiting the standing 1 as anti air, I have two different combos:

a) 1 (anti air), 1,dash, 1,dash, 43, Water Bubble, 43, Lightning, RH, Uppercut or Aqua Splash(if you prefer to leave them standing)
b) 1 (Anti air), 43, RH, 43, Lightning, Water Bubble (Reset and it is the one I use)

4: I never tried what Quantum posted. Will try it. Normally I use the JIP, 43, Water Bubble, Uppercut, 43, Geyser Kick, 43, Geyser Kick for 52%

SaJa

FH_FenriR
4: I prefer: 43XXbubble (lift high), Uppercut 43xxgeyser, 43xxlightning, 43xxgeyser (55% with the JIP).
Too risky if your bubble goes on block imo. I knew it, but don't like it.

This is a video of ALMOST the same combo. Mine does the same damage but keeps them in the corner.
Doesn't make the same damage (maybe 2% or less ?) but you can still 4, 3, tp at the end to make him back on the corner for a waterfall wall combot (d2, 1+2, 4, 3, geyser, 4, 3, geyser, 4, 3, storm, RH, 4, 3, tp or 4, geyser).

Leooooh

Noob
Hey, I have a question for the rest of Rain players.

What do u guys use more, the solo Ex Roundhouse kick or the armored dash after canceling the Ex RH??

Right now, I think that using the armored dash and then following it with 4, RH (if connected, I follow with 2, 43, lightning and water bubble for the reset or 2, 43, water bubble , 43, lightning, 4 geyser kick)is the safest way to use this move, even if it is blocked.

Also, using this armored dash lets us reach a longer distace which the solo EH RH wouldn't.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
After d1 AA (use against crossovers) dash,43xxLightning,dash,43xxBubble- for the reset
or; dash,43xxLightning,dash,RH,43xxSquirt- for the damage

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Just recently, I've gotten a lot more efficient with my ex. RH anti-wake ups and my shielded dashes -- part of that reason I believe is that I've swapped RT (Block) for RB (Grab). Honestly, it may sound crazy...maybe it's old news but for Xbox 360 pads, it's helped me a ton. I've been able to hit confirm 2-4-RH cancel pressure into 4-3/4/3/1-2 RH cancel pressures and strings. One thing you'll notice immediately is that it helps your reaction time once you get used to it. You'll be shield dashing for a full punish on Kabal players a lot easier (IMO) than you potentially were.

Oh, and I'm surprised no has brought up a lot more of the options you have when you water bubble reset. My personal favorite is to set them within a safe jump punch away and try to hit confirm it into B2-2+1 launcher or go into a B2-RH cancel to start off my next combo/block string.

Also, I'm glad to see a lot of you are using the H20 Blast and ex version to end some of your combos and restart the mind-games. It's a great strategy if you're looking for the highest damage output as a finisher and it doesn't grant them a wake-up attack opportunity.

Enenra

Go to hell.
How do you guys fight things like IAF Kitana or a Cyrax who loves to bomb and net? For that matter, an IAGB Kabal? Thanks

irl wilson

jager bombs all day
how much does rain cost on xbl? i dont have membership atm so i cant check.

is he worth buying ?

is he like he was in mkt ?

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
What is the most damaging combo/best setup after a Lightning, Water Bubble?
Position above rains shoulders as high as you can, uppercut, dashxx4,3xxSquirt 27%
Position above rains arms, 2xxRH, 4,3xxSquirt 24%

If they were at fullscreen you'll have barely enough time to position for the uppercut, and you shouldn't really be using lightning at midscreen because the whiff recovery is so bad they can jump twice to jip full combo you, so you should focus on mastering the 2xxRH variant.

You can also end in 4,3xxTeleport to pressure on wakeup, great against characters with shitty WU options (sektor, kitana, quan, etc) use d4xxRHxx into pressure. Also advisable against any character that zones well as Squirt leaves them at quite a distance, even if you have to respect their wakeups.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Hey guys. How's the lightning on wake-up? I'm interested in using it at close proximity. Does it work in real matches?
Lightning is good from mid to far range against other fireballs because with the right timming the invisibility frames protect you. Mid to close range is better to use :ex Lightning because somehow the invisibility lasts longer.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
B2, RH on hit doesn't connect if both characters face the same way, not naked nor from jip. Is this known? Any other Rain stance dependent strings?

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
B2, RH on hit doesn't connect if both characters face the same way, not naked nor from jip. Is this known? Any other Rain stance dependent strings?
This is the first I've heard of it, and I don't think any other strings are stance dependant. It's not a huge deal though because b2xxRHxx4,3 combos.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
So I've been wondering for a while, is RH punishable on block? Reptile elbowed the shit out of me online wtf, it's -3 on block so?

Another thing, I like b2 1+2 string since it has crazy range but was also wondering is it punishable since its -4 on block?

I could swear I EXRH people trying to punish after it lol, so any definite word on these two if they are completely safe?

Thanx