What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Some of the best advice Ive heard on here yet, yeah I wasnt sure if the bubble uppercut was still available after the patch, I tried a couple times but stopped after not getting it, Ill be sure to pick it back up tonight, I really appreciate the help man, also do you know a better way to start the combo, without having to b2, 1+2, or 4,3 ?

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
No worries man. There should be some videos showing how to do it somewhere, maybe In the usedforglue guide. I think he has some combo videos posted there. If not we get online and i could talk you through it. Also, are you asking if Rain has other combo starters besides 43 and b2, 1+2?

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
4 RH or naked RH are great launchers, also there is a 9 frame 33xxbubble. Rain has many options and all of them are very situational. All u have to do is to mix them up, otherwise u'll become predictable.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
yes sir I am, whats your XBL gamertag?
I'll just list his strings and their uses:

1,2,f4- 10f and Rain's safest launching string at -1f and leads to 46%/49%jip meter less damage. Completely uninterruptible on block but can be ducked

4,3,bubble- 10f but only should be hit confirmed due to being full combo punishable on block. Mainly used during an armored dash and can also antiair with a longer reach than 1 or 2. Mid screen this will lead to 46%/49%jip damage and 52%/55% in the corner meter less

4rh- 10f and will lead to an easy 40%/43%jip but you won't reall want to go for this of a jip since you have a couple better options. Mainly used during footsies and rhcancel pressure. Very important to note that although it's safe after the RH, it is interruptable between the 4 and the RH by armored moves, raiders teleport, X-rays ect.

B2,1+2- 17f but insane reach. Great in footsies from long range and can also antiair. Barely safe on block at -4f but safe none the less. Leads to 44%/47%jip damage and is also uninterruptible

3rh- 9f which is Rain's fastest starter and hits crouching opponents. Good for counter poking d1s and fast punishes. Does same damage as 4rh listed above. Like the 4rh it is also interruptible between the 3 and the RH so keep that in mind. If you think you're opponent will try to poke out of your rhpressure with a d3 and you have player1 advantage(lol) you can blow them up with this. See if you are doing 2rhc,4rhc,43rhc or d4 rhc you will be at at least +2 which makes your 3rh 7f instead of 9f which will beat an equal 7f d3 but like I said only if you have player1 advantage.

Oh and my XBL is RenoRacks

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Awesome man, yeah Ill send that request on XBL ASAP, yeah Im really good at catching people with the B2, 1+2 into the bubble, but at least now I know better ways to initiate the combo, also I gotta really practice that behind the head bubble uppercut into 4,3

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Awesome man, yeah Ill send that request on XBL ASAP, yeah Im really good at catching people with the B2, 1+2 into the bubble, but at least now I know better ways to initiate the combo, also I gotta really practice that behind the head bubble uppercut into 4,3
Yeah if you're not putting the bubble behind your head and upper cutting the sh*t out of it then you're not taking advantage of Rain's most important strength, his damage. It took me a couple weeks to really get it down but now I might drop it less than 1% of the time. The key is to place the bubble just behind Rain's head and input the D2 just as the bubble pops. If you don't wait for the bubble to pop the uppercut won't come out and you'll just stand there looking stupid. This will mostly happen offline on a lag less monitor. Online you have to input the D2 just before you think the bubble will pop. Also, make sure you hit down and hold it a few frames before you press 2 to avoid negative edge. Good luck pimp!

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Rain vs Nightwolf is very annoying partly cuz I havent used him for a while so i kinda always drop my combos. Is there anything in particular that I should do in this matchup? I lost like 5-20 in semi serious casuals & I'm Salty:mad:

EDIT: Never mind, I remembered how to punish shoulder. 6-4 Rain:p

Last edited: