What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

Luija1006

since 1995
Best punisher (in specific situations) to juggle after a Water Bubble?

Use this to ask any and all Rain related questions - Book Burning

In this thread, I am gonna describe 3 juggle opportunities after a Water Bubble in which I am having problems, so I am asking you guys for help.

ALL THIS CASES ASSUME NO XRAY
Case 1: Rain got a random Water Bubble catch (for example, mid or full screen Water Bubble).
Case 2: Rain confirms a Lighting and Water Bubble his opponent while he/she is in the air (full screen).
Case 3: After comboing with a Lighting, Super Kick and continuing with a Water Bubble, with what should I finish the combo? Example: NJP + 4 3 + Lighting + Super Kick + 4 3 + Water Bubble + ???

Thats all for now, help very appreciated!

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Well if you get a raw water ball, this is what I've been doing.

Raw water ball -> 4,3 roundhouse -> 4,3 lightning 2 water stream 32%

You could also do an xray 4 geyser kick after the lightning. Does 45%. Pretty good for a possible full screen water ball.

Luija1006

since 1995
Well if you get a raw water ball, this is what I've been doing.

Raw water ball -> 4,3 roundhouse -> 4,3 lightning 2 water stream 32%

You could also do an xray 4 geyser kick after the lightning. Does 45%. Pretty good for a possible full screen water ball.
This is actually very good!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Case 2: Rain confirmed a Lighting and then Water Bubble catch his oponnent (The villain was hit by the lighting full screen away).
Case 3: After comboing with a Lighting, super kick and continuing with a Water Bubble catch, with what should I finish the combo? Example: Jnp + 3 4 + lighting + super kick + 3 4 + Water Bubble + ???

Thats all for now, help very appreciated!
Case 3 is probably NJP, 4,3 Roundhouse, 4,3 Water Bubble, 4,3 water stream. 33%
Though NJP, 4,3 Roundhouse, 4,3 Lightning, dash 4,3 water stream. 34% is technically possible, it's very unlikely and hard.

Case 2 I can't figure out. Someone else can help there.

Luija1006

since 1995
Case 3 is probably NJP, 4,3 Roundhouse, 4,3 Water Bubble, 4,3 water stream. 33%
Though NJP, 4,3 Roundhouse, 4,3 Lightning, dash 4,3 water stream. 34% is technically possible, it's very unlikely and hard.

Case 2 I can't figure out. Someone else can help there.
Had some mistakes in the post, fixed :) and thanks for your contribution!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I guess since no one is contributing to case 2...the case may be that it's just better to let them fall out of the water ball, standing in front of you, you have the advantage, and then mind game yourself a BNB combo.

can rain cancel roundhouse (held) into teleport? lightning

i hear you can cancel roundhouse (hold 4) into any special. which specials can he cancel into?

looks like it could be used to bait zoners and punish with lightning or teleport.

From my knowledge, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you can special cancel and you can dash cancel. You could quickly forward dash teleport then lightening followed by a combo for a great bait punish set up. Thanks cold case for correction

You can special cancel actually.. but I've yet to try into teleport. Can't believe I didn't think of it.

Can anyone answer this?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cold Case said:
You can special cancel actually.. but I've yet to try into teleport. Can't believe I didn't think of it.

Can anyone answer this?
Yes, it works. To cancel into teleport, simply press and hold 4 after d,b and then press d,u. To cancel into lightning, for example, press and hold 4 after d,b and then press d,b+2.

I would not abuse Rain's teleport. It is nowhere near as good as Raiden's.

I haven't tried it but the idea is to bait a projectile with a held roundhouse and tele once they do launch one, or fake the first projectile with up water kick then the second projectile do teleport.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
That could work but his teleport seems a bit slowish compared to raidens. I suppose this tactic depends on how fast the opponent throws the projective and their recovery time on it. I played the PC and tele'd once they threw a projective and I still ended up trading hits.

Luija1006

since 1995
I guess since no one is contributing to case 2...the case may be that it's just better to let them fall out of the water ball, standing in front of you, you have the advantage, and then mind game yourself a BNB combo.
Good contribution, keep it up people!

For case 2 I was playing around with this situation and cant remember exactly what I was doing but after full screen lighting to bubble I think I was landing 4,3 roundhouse, then 4,3 water stream, Ill have to double check when I get home b/c certain situations you cant land the 4, 3 round house after the bubble

Luija1006

since 1995
For case 2 I was playing around with this situation and cant remember exactly what I was doing but after full screen lighting to bubble I think I was landing 4,3 roundhouse, then 4,3 water stream, Ill have to double check when I get home b/c sertain situations you cant land the 4, 3 round house after the bubble
For case 2, if you confirm a random Lighting fullscreen, doing a Teleport gives you enough time to 4, 3 RH?

Can someone test this? (not in home right now).

BookBurning

Voidwards
RH cancelling

I can do this occasionally but I'm having the odd problem where for some reason the dash input won't cancel the RH and I'll end up just smacking my opponent with the RH instead of cancelling out of it into another 34.

Anyone else have this problem, or know why? I mean, if I look to the left at my inputs, it's saying I'm cancelling; or should be.

B2k3

Noob
I am also trying to figure something out for Case 2.

Currently I just use 4,3xxSplash. It ain't much, but it keeps them standing.
I tried 4,3xx Roundhouse (as well as 4xxRoundhouse) but in both cases the roundhouse wiffs...

BookBurning

Voidwards
Yes I'm holding the 4 haha.

And I think Shinzo was correct. The problem was I screwed up my own muscle memory initially but now I'm doing it just fine.

Thanks fellas, both of you. :)

Edit: Also what was actually happening was the cancel itself wasn't my problem, it was that I wasn't inputting the 43 after it fast enough. :(