What's new

The Aquaman Nerf

Was the Tentacle strike Nerf unnecessary?

• Hell No!

Votes: 87 40.8%
  • He needed it.

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • Yes it was!

Votes: 79 37.1%

• Total voters

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Aquaman mains crying about the nerf need to get a grip. You are playing the only character in the game with a meterless combo breaker, with one of the best AA's out there, with enormous range, and STILL the best chip game period. FTD is also a hugely good projectile, he SHOULD have low combo damage to compensate for these strengths just like Supergirl.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
As someone who uses Aquaman, I'm fine with the nerfs. I will still use him but since Supergirl got what I wanted, I won't be using him nearly as much anymore.
She got the exact changes I was trying to say would be fair and you spent half a day crying that it wouldn't be enough and the gaps had to go.

Why are the gaps suddenly fine? Why were you arguing with my changes if you are happy now?

Jesus what is wrong with people.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
She got the exact changes I was trying to say would be fair and you spent half a day crying that it wouldn't be enough and the gaps had to go.

Why are the gaps suddenly fine? Why were you arguing with my changes if you are happy now?

Jesus what is wrong with people.
Nope. I said I wanted B123 safe and/or the gap from B12 xx Breath removed. Then people came in condescendingly saying I was crazy for wanting B12 xx Breath to be gapless. Then you and the others insisted on claiming that it would be too good so I was forced to defend my position. She could have gotten either buff and I would have been happy. Glad she got at least B123 being safe. If she would have gotten B12 xx Breath gapless and not B123 safe. i would have been just as happy.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only real problem I see with FTD nerf is positioning. I think that's the biggest problem with losing FTD as a launcher. Which sucks.

But really, @Red Reaper definitely said it best about that move. One of the things that made Aquaman so strong was that FTD in general made getting snuffed out midscreen lead to a chunk of damage all the time. Literally, there was never a point where he didn't net like 25% if it landed. It's also a meter gain nerf with the lack of a combo.

I think it sucks that his combos have to be relearned, but really, I don't see him completely falling off.

Meep8345

Noob
Aquaman will live. Now you actually have to use your brain some while playing him, he's still aquaman with great chip,trident rush mindgames,counter-zoning,great normals,great AA,watershield,trait, and good safety.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It's hilarious how you guys think he is suddenly gonna be useless.
Because of the patch he:
1. Will take longer to kill the opponent. Less combo damage, does less chip with Trident Rush. Counter zoning with MB Tentacle Strike is RIP.
2. Will hurt for meter a bit more. B123 being minus means he can't do the B123, D1 xx Trident Rush sequence to build a shit load of bar.
3. Can't use B123 for plus frames or as a way to confirm into Tentacle Strike for a combo. I don't know the frame data for it but I'm assuming it's less minus than B12, which means it'll still have some use. But yeah most of the uses for it are probably RIP.

He still will have:
1. Meterless way to escape combos via trait
2. Amazing D2 anti-air
3. MB Trident Rush will still probably be very useful, it did sooooooo much chip, it will still probably do a useful amount of chip post patch.
4. His dominant footsie tools and grip over the neutral didn't go anywhere.

Yeah this means we probably no longer have a TOP TIER character, but there is no way this means we have a BAD character. I'll still play Aquaman, maybe I'm missing something but this character wasn't butchered imo. I will just find a second character, I encourage other Aquaman mains to not drop him and also just find a secondary.

Last edited:
I think a damage buff was necessary, but taking away the tentacle bounce was a little overkill , but we'll see how it all works out

Because of the patch he:
1. Will take longer to kill the opponent. Less combo damage, does less chip with Trident Rush. Counter zoning with MB Tentacle Strike is RIP.
2. Will hurt for meter a bit more. B123 being minus means he can't do the B123, D1 xx Trident Rush sequence to build a shit load of bar.
3. Can't use B123 for plus frames or as a way to confirm into Tentacle Strike for a combo. I don't know the frame data for it but I'm assuming it's less minus than B12, which means it'll still have some use. But yeah most of the uses for it are probably RIP.

He still will have:
2. Amazing D2 anti-air
3. MB Trident Rush will still probably be very useful, it did sooooooo much chip, it will still probably do a useful amount of chip post patch.

Yeah this means we probably no longer have a TOP TIER character, but there is no way this means we have a BAD character. I'll still play Aquaman, maybe I'm missing something but this character wasn't butchered imo.
lol

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I main Aquaman and I love how people hate him so much haha! I think his nerfs are fine. I think they should have made MB tentacle strike like regular FTD from IGAU (able to combo but without the b3). I'll still main him but I guess we just have to be smarter.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
He's still Top 5. Easy. He just isn't gonna get it for free anymore.

Aquaman is like Deadshot. You would have to totally dissect him to make him any less.
No, he's not. I wanted him to get nerfed as much as anyone else, but they fucked him up hard.
NRS does not know how to patch their games period lol

i preferred reos idea to make tentacle command specific- so he would have a close medium and far version to make it hard to execute and less braindead

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Because of the patch he:

He still will have:
2. Amazing D2 anti-air

Yeah this means we probably no longer have a TOP TIER character, but there is no way this means we have a BAD character. I'll still play Aquaman, maybe I'm missing something but this character wasn't butchered imo.
This post will have one reply. Being mine pointing it out. No one will talk about his neutral game. Trident rush being the same tool just not as much benefit. Still a top trait in the game easy. Just does like 180 instead of 250 from fullscreen. And needs to use a different special move for probably little less damage. Good thing he's still got all those neutral tools that AM used to consistently get hits before.

The only way AM should have plus is if there was counters to preventing it which he in turn could counter. A straight no risk confirm shouldn't be plus on him. Esspecially since it was a low.

Last edited: