What's new

The Aquaman Nerf

Was the Tentacle strike Nerf unnecessary?

• Hell No!

Votes: 87 40.8%
  • He needed it.

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • Yes it was!

Votes: 79 37.1%

• Total voters
Soo we all know Aquaman was going to get a nerf somehow. his b123 had to get nerf, but what caught me by surprise was the tentacle strike. i think that nerf was unnecessary. this can severely give him a damage nerf. now the only way to combo is with the scoop. what do you guys think?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
As someone who uses Aquaman, I'm fine with the nerfs. I will still use him but since Supergirl got what I wanted, I won't be using him nearly as much anymore.
I agreed Aquaman is still very solid & I do love Supergirl changes.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
He did get a lot of damage midscreen before.. Up klose you need to go for MB Scoop now to get your damage. Makes things even in the kounter-zoning department, since now you kan't dash in and F2 at some ranges anymore.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You all do know this will linger throughout the entire game lifespan just as grandmaster clone going away on block nerf in mkx.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Aquaman is no longer fine. What do I mean? He CANNOT combo off this powah.

It used to be B123xxMB Tentacle, B3, F2T or any other combo off it. Now it no longer is happening. Get rekted. :p

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
IMO his matchup chart is still going to look pretty good, considering that the characters that gave him trouble (BA, Atrocitus, Catwoman) mostly received nerfs as well, with Poison Ivy being an exception. He used to 7-3 a lot of chars - those 7-3 MUs have probably become 6-4 or 5-5, rending most of his matchup chart between 4-6 to 6-4, which is perfect.

He also goes even or wins against a number of the good characters who remained untouched in the patch, and will become more prominent in the meta. For example, he used to body Harley and Darkseid, and probably still wins post patch - both probably go up on the tier list.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He's still Top 5. Easy. He just isn't gonna get it for free anymore.

Aquaman is like Deadshot. You would have to totally dissect him to make him any less.