What's new

General/Other The Aquaman Appreciation Thread

Do you appreciate Aquaman?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Imma virtual smack the next person that says this. There's something called delayed wakeup attacks, they're hard to perform but can make useless wakeups (Aquaman's and Zod's) to viable wakeups. What blows up a delayed wakeup attack is an attack that hits multiple times (Catwoman's standing 3, Harley's Cartwheel, etc.). There are still wakeups (like Raven's) that are shit even if you use a delayed wakeup attack though.

If you guys are basing this "my wakeup is not viable because it's not fully invincible" by stuffing the computer waking up, you should be setting the computer on record (stuffing the wakeup) and yourself waking up instead.
From zod's perspective what u said makes sense

I only use ZOD and use b12 or 12 (50/50 Wakeup stuffer ) or d12 so yes you're right it's easier for due to having always two hits

Try this real quick and see what I mean

123 ender w ZOD any combo dash up b12

Example

Scarlet players will love me FOr this

But I'd love to see video of every f ing Aquaman player perform this BNB right now 5/5 times

Ji2 424134d4 (true block string) whiff f2 ambiguous ji2 f21u2 ji2 slow ball ji2 med ball 12 MB laser dash d12 MB ps

Extra credit do: ji2 424143d4 or 4f24143d4
I know those are Zod combos Pig but it really looks like you'r face smashing the kb lol

Pig Of The Hut

It's funny because to my knowledge Aquaman doesn't have any of that super retarded scrubby ass stuff everyone else does. He just has the answer to all that scrubby shit lol
I would say trait is above all lol

Then there's a special MB trident on block that does 15.5% dmg chip and builds 75% meter and can't be punished by 90% of cast and those who can punish it should never be able to due to aqua's trait.

Do you realize this move does more on block than most MB moves in the game do on HIT???

I would say trait is above all lol

Then there's a special MB trident on block that does 15.5% dmg chip and builds 75% meter and can't be punished by 90% of cast and those who can punish it should never be able to due to aqua's trait.

Do you realize this move does more on block than most MB moves in the game do on HIT???
The trait is so peaceful and harmless and it causes zero damage

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Try this real quick and see what I mean

123 ender w ZOD any combo dash up b12
Yeah this works on Aquaman. But if Aquaman does a delayed wakeup attack your setup doesn't work.

I dunno the exact frame data behind it, but all this talk about stuffing wakeups works if the player does a wakeup attack on the very first frame they can. However, if the player waits about 3-4 frames (again I dunno exactly), this is a delayed wakeup attack which stuffs the player trying to stuff the wakeup.

Delayed wakeup attack doesn't help every character, but it does help both Aquaman and Zod making their wakeups somewhat still viable.

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah this works on Aquaman. But if Aquaman does a delayed wakeup attack your setup doesn't work.

I dunno the exact frame data behind it, but all this talk about stuffing wakeups works if the player does a wakeup attack on the very first frame they can. However, if the player waits about 3-4 frames (again I dunno exactly), this is a delayed wakeup attack which stuffs the player trying to stuff the wakeup.

Delayed wakeup attack doesn't help every character, but it does help both Aquaman and Zod making their wakeups somewhat still viable.
Thanks for the great info

Makes me feel better lol

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
you

Yeah so what's with all the downplaying Sajam says the character sucks. I don't know whether or not he's serious though.
The problem with his frame advantage is he only has 1 mixup option off of it that is meaningful, and it doesn't work on about half of the fast because of buggy hitbox issues.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i like aquaman for the superman mu, only one i really dont care for with scorpion.
so yes thank god for aquaman and that awesome d2 that even makes quan chi jealous

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Deg is correct, if you delay your wakeup it's harder to stuff. These semi invincible wakeups can still be stuffed if you time it right(doesn't have to be a multiple hitting move) however it can open up other options. Like if they're delaying their stuff attempt late enough to beat even a delayed wakeup it might allow you to jump out or backdash when previously you couldn't.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also General M2Dave my zoning doesn't look overrated against you :p. I think differently about Aqua than you. I think he allows scrubs to play the game that otherwise would not be able to deal with weaknesses such as a shaky aa and limited footsies. The only thing I appreciate about this character is that he can't beat Sinestro without knowing the MU extensively.
Zod's biggest weakness in the Sinestro match up is Zod's crouching hit box, but this discussion is for another time.

Scrubs will never be successful with Aquaman because the character requires a good understanding of footsies, zoning, and trait management. I would argue that scrubs are more likely to exceed with characters like Batgirl and Killer Frost, whose 50/50 mix ups disguise a player's weaknesses. These two characters play no different than Bo Rai Cho and Noob-Smoke in Mortal Kombat: Deception, the worst Mortal Kombat game ever made. LOL.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Zod's biggest weakness in the Sinestro match up is Zod's crouching hit box, but this discussion is for another time.

Scrubs will never be successful with Aquaman because the character requires a good understanding of footsies, zoning, and trait management. I would argue that scrubs are more likely to exceed with characters like Batgirl and Killer Frost, whose 50/50 mix ups disguise a player's weaknesses. These two characters play no different than Bo Rai Cho and Noob-Smoke in Mortal Kombat: Deception, the worst Mortal Kombat game ever made. LOL.
Meh, I do agree that Frost and Batgirl are scrubby but my point is that Aquaman makes everything really simple. He manages to overcome the biggest deficiencies in the game's engine (movement, good normals in foosties) and is stupidly easy to use. In MK, my Sonya might do alright against decent players but would most likely get bodied by the top guys. In this game I can use Aqua, a charcter that I rarely practice, and straight up dominate people. That has to say something about the character.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Imagine a character with the 50/50 vortex of Killer Frost/Batgirl and the long range normals and great anti-air of Aquaman. Such a character might be top 5.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

What factors into Deception being the worst MK? Why not Armageddon?

DarkPage

Noob
If Tom Brady wins a major his fury will know no bounds...................................... until he gets a bad placing in the next tournament.

Reactions: Tzu

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What factors into Deception being the worst MK? Why not Armageddon?
Both games are littered with infinite combos and glitches, but Deception is all about 50/50 mix ups. Even the zoning is 50/50.

If I had to compare Injustice to a Mortal Kombat game, I would compare it to Deception, which is not a positive comparison.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
ZOD is scarlet IMO from mk9
Requires most thinking and execution in his 5-5 and tougher MUs

Most braindead is Aquaman, he's so brain dead and boring that despite being an awesome character w every tool necessary and in the beginning exciting he was even included in the game no one chooses to use him because no one has fun w him

That's another comparison to Kenshi but IMO Kenshi was fun so to each his own
I have fun with Aqua :'(