What's new

General/Other The Aquaman Appreciation Thread

Do you appreciate Aquaman?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thanks he's hard. But in your honest opinion who's the most complicated top tier character. And do you think is the most braindead good character. The good characters in this game are god tier until you learn how to fight them. I wonder if people would have adjusted to pre-patch scorpion.
Example

Scarlet players will love me FOr this

But I'd love to see video of every f ing Aquaman player perform this BNB right now 5/5 times

Ji2 424134d4 (true block string) whiff f2 ambiguous ji2 f21u2 ji2 slow ball ji2 med ball 12 MB laser dash d12 MB ps

Extra credit do: ji2 424143d4 or 4f24143d4

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
ZOD is scarlet IMO from mk9
Requires most thinking and execution in his 5-5 and tougher MUs

Most braindead is Aquaman, he's so brain dead and boring that despite being an awesome character w every tool necessary and in the beginning exciting he was even included in the game no one chooses to use him because no one has fun w him

That's another comparison to Kenshi but IMO Kenshi was fun so to each his own
I thought Kenshi was really fun to use on Kitana and Sonya

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
ZOD is really fun. It seems like people pick up characters to win rather than have fun because aqua man imo is a snooze fest. Maybe i'm just watching the wrong matches but it seems like every aqua man I run into online does the same thing. At least with batman, Zod, Flash, Bane, Joker, Nightwing,etc. theres variety in the way each person plays them. But I might be wrong if you know any fun aqua man players to watch please do tell.

Pig Of The Hut

ZOD is really fun. It seems like people pick up characters to win rather than have fun because aqua man imo is a snooze fest. Maybe i'm just watching the wrong matches but it seems like every aqua man I run into online does the same thing. At least with batman, Zod, Flash, Bane, Joker, Nightwing,etc. theres variety in the way each person plays them. But I might be wrong if you know any fun aqua man players to watch please do tell.
Yea people tell me all the time my ZOD looks nothing like Dave's and vice versa which is a compliment to both

ZOD is awesome has been my fav dc character since age 4. I have to have that connection to a character to use them. No BS

VOR

Noob
However, you could also say using Aquaman is a simple minded strategy to deal with the rest of the game. Mixups, gimmicks, and vortexes are a part of every game, so if you say they're scrubby in injustice, you might as well just say every fighting game is scrubby.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Yea people tell me all the time my ZOD looks nothing like Dave's and vice versa which is a compliment to both

ZOD is awesome has been my fav dc character since age 4. I have to have that connection to a character to use them. No BS
Yeah I couldn't force myself to use superman, black adam, aqua man, killer frost, or mmh. I really wish sod had more unique clash quotes with the characters. I love "Die Superman!"

Pig Of The Hut

However, you could also say using Aquaman is a simple minded strategy to deal with the rest of the game. Mixups, gimmicks, and vortexes are a part of every game, so if you say they're scrubby in injustice, you might as well just say every fighting game is scrubby.
I agree when we say something is scrubby we have to be careful because this game is designed where everyone has some real scrubby shit but some are way more brain dead to use but it's not a blow up

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Blind_Man
I think oddly I like
Raven "I will amplify your pain"
ZOD: "welcome to a world full of pain"

Lol
I like this one
Blind_Man - "Raven beats grundy, ive only lost to one grundy, and thats just because hes tyrant, grundy is bad, raven wins the MU. I feel bad I spend all day raping the shit out of grundys."
Myself "So Ares beats raven then because ive never lost to a raven ever, and spend all day raping the shit out of them"
Blind_Man - "God damnit shut the f^@# up aquaman."

EDIT: how we determine MU numbers on skype

VOR

Noob
I agree when we say something is scrubby we have to be careful because this game is designed where everyone has some real scrubby shit but some are way more brain dead to use but it's not a blow up
I think the game is designed in a way that makes Aquaman stand out because of the reasons m2dave mentioned. However, the reasons come across as counters to flaws in the actual game itself. It's basically saying Aquaman is right in a world full of wrong.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like how a thread about Aquaman became a thread about Zod.

Thank you, Pig.

On a related note, I tried Zod out for a few days after release. He's probably my favorite Superman villain outside of Mr. Myxlplk, but I couldn't handle Zod's execution.

#foreverscrub

Pig Of The Hut

I like how a thread about Aquaman became a thread about Zod.

Thank you, Pig.

On a related note, I tried Zod out for a few days after release. He's probably my favorite Superman villain outside of Mr. Myxlplk, but I couldn't handle Zod's execution.

#foreverscrub
Double :(

why dont all the aquaman believers just state the main problems they have with aquaman and why they cannot counter these tools. I think both parties are really vague about this. A lot of people have been saying trident rush is punishable but it is hard...what does that even mean it either is punishable or it is not, it is not like its a reptile dash and people can get away with it if they didnt expect it or were slow with the punish.

Im not downplaying a move that does huge chip but it is still not completely safe while other characters have complete safe 50/50's which is better by far and they are less mentioned than aquaman's trident rush.