What's new

The Amplifier Meterburn Thread

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Lol... skill ceiling <> skill floor

Saying you want harder execution/combos by adding one input to remember is an absolute joke. You’re raising the skill floor. Not the ceiling. The floor should be low to encourage new enthusiasts. Pros and decent players will not struggle to remember a few extra inputs ffs, I sure af won’t. It’ll just take an extra sec.

This isn’t high execution or difficult. It’s basic mm hindrance. If this change is the difference for anyone between achievable and not, I don’t know what to say.

I don’t even really care, because w/e it’s a few extra inputs. But the foolish elitism in here hurts my brain.

TLDR: increase skill ceiling (not floor) if anything. And yes, use stance switch button instead to avoid input errors.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Lol... skill ceiling <> skill floor

Saying you want harder execution/combos by adding one input to remember is an absolute joke. You’re raising the skill floor. Not the ceiling. The floor should be low to encourage new enthusiasts. Pros and decent players will not struggle to remember a few extra inputs ffs, I sure af won’t. It’ll just take an extra sec.

This isn’t high execution or difficult. It’s basic mm hindrance. If this change is the difference for anyone between achievable and not, I don’t know what to say.

I don’t even really care, because w/e it’s a few extra inputs. But the foolish elitism in here hurts my brain.

TLDR: increase skill ceiling (not floor) if anything. And yes, use stance switch button instead to avoid input errors.
Funny thing is, they are the same people that argue against it being the same button as the special, because they tend to mash their inputs and don't want to amplify their moves on accident lol

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Funny thing is, they are the same people that argue against it being the same button as the special, because they tend to mash their inputs and don't want to amplify their moves on accident lol
Lol I literally can’t remember accidentally meterburning anything ever, but could just be the chars I use, so w/e... no reason not to change to L2 I guess.

But yeah, I’m all for having low skill floors. The FGC needs more peeps, and anything else is detrimental to that. Auto combos can be done well.

I think dbfz did great, they’re useful at high and low levels for different reasons. But come at me with nothing but autos, see what happens.

Could Bardock/Vegito’s be toned down...? Hell nah, this is dbfz!! Literally just needs better net code imo.... (Nappa, try him, godlike fun and you can pretend to be low tier)

Anyway... yeah MK’s Dial-a-combo isn’t much different tbh... No slight intended, mk is 100% my home. Just being honest about what I think.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Lol I literally can’t remember accidentally meterburning anything ever, but could just be the chars I use, so w/e... no reason not to change to L2 I guess.

But yeah, I’m all for having low skill floors. The FGC needs more peeps, and anything else is detrimental to that. Auto combos can be done well.

I think dbfz did great, they’re useful at high and low levels for different reasons. But come at me with nothing but autos, see what happens.

Could Bardock/Vegito’s be toned down...? Hell nah, this is dbfz!! Literally just needs better net code imo.... (Nappa, try him, godlike fun and you can pretend to be low tier)

Anyway... yeah MK’s Dial-a-combo isn’t much different tbh... No slight intended, mk is 100% my home. Just being honest about what I think.
I didn't play I2, but I can at least competently use 20+ characters in MKX at this point and the only thing I've ever had problems with accidentally meter burning is Quan's rune. The window is ginormous because the later you meter burn it, the more plus you end up being on block. And throws occasionally, but you can't meter burn throw in MK11 so that's not an issue. I'm not sure how people had so many issues with it.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
It pretty much is, I wonder if anyone opposed has actually looked at the movelists.
yeah but not at all , some need an extra up , Back , foward , Down....

what i mean is , ALL ex moves should be just like that ...no >,<,/\,\/ ... plus 1,2,3,4.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.

what i mean is , ALL ex moves should be just like that ...no >,<,/\,\/ ... plus 1,2,3,4.
It's gonna be ok. And if it REALLY isn't, I'll hold that "I told you so" after. Scouts honor.

trufenix

bye felicia

Is that all it would take to beat you? A direction and a button instead of just a button? Maybe fighting games aren't for you.