What's new

That One SNES Game.

Justice

Noob
It's funny, I was a big SNES fan as it was my first console. But a lot of the well known favorite games of the SNES... I never even played. I always played the games no one ever even heard of. Which to me are some of the best games I've ever played. The SNES had so many games. Man, loved the SNES era.... tear :(
Totally agreed dood. I knew life was over the day they announced the Sega CD. Although it did take longer than I expected, the day did come when pixel counts and processing power trumped epic gameplay. I remember this one night when me and my roomates pulled out the 3DO for an epic gaming night. We had fun, but later in the evening, we pulled out the old Atari 2600 and laughed our asses off all night long.

Steel Harbinger was like that. It was a game I found for cheep in a bargain bin for the ps1. It was a standard 3rd person shooter. The gfx weren't amazing but it had true cinemas and this unique (to me at the time at least) game mechanic where you had to "eat" the remains of the aliens you killed to stay alive. Like I said, nothing overly original, but out of the ps1's massive library, that one gave me the most fondest memories.

I also can't believe I forgot about this game for the 3DO: 3DO had the best version of Wing Commander 3 ever put into a gamer's hands! Mark Hamil and Bif (Back to the Future) FTW!

Oh! Dr. Mario and Rock N Roll Racing for the SNES. You wanna talk hype! :suckit:

Zebster

How's my volume?
Has to be a tie between Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, just love both those games so much. It's been too long since I played the SNES though. Strangely enough, I'm too nervous about playing it because I don't want to find out if my SNES has stopped working, so I have stuck to other ways of playing the games.

RoGE

Noob
Going to have to agree with the OP, CT was the stuff, too bad I've never played it on an actually SNES.

I use to play DBZ super butoden 2 for the SNES, it was japanese but I guess it was illegally ported to the US?

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's funny, I was a big SNES fan as it was my first console. But a lot of the well known favorite games of the SNES... I never even played. I always played the games no one ever even heard of. Which to me are some of the best games I've ever played. The SNES had so many games. Man, loved the SNES era.... tear :(
My SNES is still plugged into my TV, it never died for me.
I agree and still say to this day, its the best console ever.

Weaponlord for snes. It was the shiz.
haha

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but a few to add...

All for SNES

Uniracers
Metal Warriors
Super Contra III
Top Gear 2
U.N. Squadron
Star Fox

I'll probably think of more later. :p

jamessmk

I am your god
I used to love pissing my friends off getting as many hits as I could with their decapitated heads in Weaponlord. "Oh just come on, I'm already dead!"
Dam old friend of mine James Goddard made this game. He also created DeeJay in Sf. Was pretty good for back then. Good reminder duue

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

All for SNES

Uniracers
Metal Warriors
Super Contra III
Top Gear 2
U.N. Squadron
Star Fox

Top gear 1 was a godlike racing game, but hard as shit!

Boss music though!

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
The one game I'd have...that's incredibly hard to answer since the console had one of the greatest game libraries of all time. I mean, my favorite platformers on it were Super Mario All-Stars (SMB3 > SMBW imo) and Donkey Kong Country 2. My favorite action-adventure games were Super Metroid and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. My favorite RPGs were Super Mario RPG, Tales of Phantasia, and Chrono Trigger. I can't even choose one game per category, let alone a single must-have game! D:

Not to mention there are so many others that deserve honorable mentions, such as the Mega Man X games, Mega Man 7, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Super Punch-Out, Donkey Kong Country 1, Super Mario Kart, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and soooo many more I can't think of atm.

Noob
The game that got me to buy a SNES?

Street Fighter II... simple as that. Back then, before MK hit it big I was a HUGE SF2 fan.(and you still can't put ST/SFA2/SFA3/3s in front of me without me playing it)

I still have my SNES and Genesis connected... and I just connected my Super Famicom as well(japanese SNES).

Maybe I haven't read the thread thoroughly enough, but there is one SNES game that I believe is horribly missing from here:

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - Quite possibly one of the best SNES games EVER.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If I could play the SNES again...I'd jump right to Mortal Kombat 2 or Super Mario All-Stars.

I never owned an SNES even during my childhood years, but I used to go over to a friend's place and play it with him there. We were both six years old. Then he had to move out of town and I never heard from him again. Good times...

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I never owned a SNES either. Had a Genesis instead. Hasn't stopped me from playing almost all the SNES games. xD

All for SNES

Uniracers
Metal Warriors
Super Contra III
Top Gear 2
U.N. Squadron
Star Fox

Contra 3: Alien Wars and U.N. Squardron were really good games.

U.N. Squadron was very under-appreciated, I still play that game every now and then.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

When they took it from the simpler look of MK2 to the expansive and graphically-nutty exploits of 3...other than God Of War 3 and MK9, no game throughout my existance got me as excited and obsessive to get my hands on it as this one.
And that was BEFORE I discovered the secret menus...SCOTTS STUFF FTW.
I mean come on...Robots. Fucking robots in MK. Until UMK3 came out and I started running through everybody just so I could learn the Brutalities, I dont think I played anyone but Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke and Shang Tsung - one, because if I so chose I could just turn into my robot of choice, and two, because I loved his Portable Pit Fatality.
Pit III is still my favorite stage finish...Animalities were awesome and should reeeeeally be brought back someday (Id so rather turn into a SINGING SHAAAAAARK than turn someone into an innocent infant), Kombat Kodes, ACTUAL COMBOS...it was the bees knees.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I never owned a SNES either. Had a Genesis instead. Hasn't stopped me from playing almost all the SNES games. xD
Same here... I was so disappointed to get a Sega Genesis and not SNES for that one christmas (spoiled much? lol). I remember our Block Buster Video used to rent out game systems and once a month we got some SNES going in my house. Maaaaaaaaan the memories.

jamessmk

I am your god
Compiled List Developed

Hey, hopefully some of these games I worked on, give good or bad memories. Now, I warn you I have worked on some serious POS products of 10 year span.

NES
Mortal Kombat II 1992 Game Boy, Game Gear, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega 32X, SNES, PC
Mortal Kombat

WWF Raw 1995 SNES, Megadrive/Genesis, Sega 32x, Game B
WWF WrestleMania 1988 NES
WWF King of the Ring
WWF RAW
WWF Royal Rumble
WWF Superstars
WWF Superstars 2
WWF Super WrestleMania
WWF WrestleMania Challenge
WWF WrestleMania: Steel Cage Challenge
WWF In Your House
WWF Royal Rumble 1994 SNES, Megadrive/Genesis, Game Boy

The Simpsons: Bart Meets Radioactive Man 1992 NES, Game Gear
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants 1991 NES, Master System, Mega Drive/Genesis, Game Gear
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World 1991 Amiga, Atari ST, NES, Master System, Game Gear
The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Juggernauts 1992 Game Boy
The Simpsons: Bart & the Beanstalk
The Simpsons: Virtual Bart 1994 SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare 1992
1994 SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World
The Simpsons: Krusty's Fun House

NBA Jam
NBA Jam Extreme

The Uncanny X-Men
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage 1994 SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis
Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge

Smash TV NES
Othello 1988 NES
Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball (NES version)
The Punisher (NES version)
The Addams Family
Champions World Class Soccer
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Addams Family
RoboCop 3
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Arch Rivals
Double Dragon 3 Rosetta Stone
George Foreman's KO Boxing
The Incredible Crash Dummies
Smash TV (1992 in Europe, 1994 in North America)
The Incredible Crash Dummies
Alien 3
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II & III
Beetlejuice
Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure (NES and Game Boy version)
Friday the 13th
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (NES, SNES, and Game Boy versions)
Revolution X 1995 Super NES, Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Saturn, PlayStation
Batman Forever

Hope atleast some of them were memorable, good or BAD :(

Also Books and Strat guides written

GamePro
MK1
MK2

DieHard Gamefan

MK3

Brady Games

Primal Rage
Sub -Zero Mythologies
Mace
MK4
Erghiez
Tai Fu
MK4 Arcade

Think thats it. :idhitit:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
BATMAN FOREVER

Holy shit, I remember that game...I played it at my uncle's in Puerto Rico just after seeing the movie (For whatever perverse reason, I really liked it in spite of its multitude of flaws - Totally Batshit Two-Face is still one of my favorite Tommy Lee Jones roles ever.) and getting excited as hell it came in video game form.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Contra 3: Alien Wars and U.N. Squardron were really good games.

U.N. Squadron was very under-appreciated, I still play that game every now and then.
Contra III was stupid hard, but super manly.

U.N. Squadron is one of my favorite shooters. Super fun. Great progression. Great level design. GREAT music. Great enemy design too. That boss hanging on the upside down rail was DUMB.

Props to whoever said Alien 3 too. That game may have the best video game music I've ever heard.

OH, another one I forgot was Super Turrican. Awesome game.

If you enjoy Castlevania, i highly suggest downloading Harmony of Despair. 2-6 players at once. Plays like a SNES game, but with larger levels like Symphony of the Night. There are some classic chapters like playing through the original Castlevania together. It's really fun. You all should get it. Me and [MENTION=1465]xxteefxx[/MENTION] play it online together very often.