What's new

That One SNES Game.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

DKC2 > All

I play through this game like once every 6 months and I never get bored of it, it's just a masterpiece.

Secret of Mana.
Enought said! Best game ever and i still play it from time to time!
1. Secret of Mana
2. 7th Saga 2
3. Tales of Phantasia
4. Final Fantasy 4
5. Super Castlevania 4
6. Super Metroid
7. Secret of Evermore
8. Illusion of Gaia
9. Earthbound
10. Mortal Kombat 3
11. Gradius 3
12. Super R Type
13. NBA Jam TE
14. Madden
15. Mario Kart
16. 7th Saga
17. Final Fantasy 6
18. Secret of Mana 2
19. MegaManX
20. Killer Instinct

Secret of Mana would be my one game though.

jamessmk

I am your god
lmao i loved the cartridge but yea the game............................

such a shame too, cuz i love me some venom and carnage is pretty cool too.
Actually some other classic POS I worked on in 90's

Barts Nightmare
Bart Vs Radio Active man
Krusty's Funhouse
T&C Thrilla Safari

Spiderman vs Sinster 6
Maximun Crapage

Smash TV
Double Dragon 3 - The Rosetta Stonee
WWE Arcade
WWE Rage in the Cage
WWE Wrestlemania
Revolution XXXXXXXXXX
T2- Arcade
T2- Overhead
Predator 2
Super High Impact
Alien 3
Incredible Crash Dummies

Many more i care not mention

jamessmk

I am your god
1. Secret of Mana
2. 7th Saga 2
3. Tales of Phantasia
4. Final Fantasy 4
5. Super Castlevania 4
6. Super Metroid
7. Secret of Evermore
8. Illusion of Gaia
9. Earthbound
10. Mortal Kombat 3
11. Gradius 3
12. Super R Type
13. NBA Jam TE
14. Madden
15. Mario Kart
16. 7th Saga
17. Final Fantasy 6
18. Secret of Mana 2
19. MegaManX
20. Killer Instinct

Secret of Mana would be my one game though.
1. Phantasy Star- Master System
2. Black Belt- Master system
3. Zillion- Master system
4. Milion Secret Castle -NES
5. Castlevania - NES
6. Miracle Warriors -NES
7. Kenisedian - MASTER
8. Secret of Mana
9. FF 7
10. Shadowgate - NES

1. Phantasy Star- Master System
2. Black Belt- Master system
3. Zillion- Master system
4. Milion Secret Castle -NES
5. Castlevania - NES
6. Miracle Warriors -NES
7. Kenisedian - MASTER
8. Secret of Mana
9. FF 7
10. Shadowgate - NES
How could i forget Alien 3. Such a good game.

Crazy to know you worked on it.

1. Castlevania 3 - NES
2. Ninja Gaiden - NES
3. Faxanadu - NES
4. Thunder Castle - Intellivision
5. Microsurgeon - Intellivision

Microsurgeon is one of the best games ever made. Props to anyone who has beaten it

jamessmk

I am your god
1st Game System I owned The Magnavox Odyessy 100.
Ran off of 6 C Batteries as well

1st NES games Duck Hunt /Gyromite with R.O.B
1st Master System - Enduro and Fantasy Zone
1st TurboGRPHX 16 - Bonk and Y's
1st SNES - Super Mario World
1st Genesis - Altered BEast

jamessmk

I am your god
How could i forget Alien 3. Such a good game.

Crazy to know you worked on it.

1. Castlevania 3 - NES
2. Ninja Gaiden - NES
3. Faxanadu - NES
4. Thunder Castle - Intellivision
5. Microsurgeon - Intellivision

Microsurgeon is one of the best games ever made. Props to anyone who has beaten it
Faxanadu - that is the one stumping me for years. Hell I love that

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
1) Skyward Sword
2) The Adventure of Link
3) Wind Waker
4) Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
5. Link to the Past
That low huh? I was talking SNES only though really. may have to dust of the Wii and check out Skyward Sword tbh. Too many games to play through!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
T&C Thrilla Safari
Wow, my Kabal friend can beat this game with his eyes closed.
Where's all the Sega Genesis love???? That's the system that sold the most in the US during that generation.

The best system for MK and Street Fighter after all.

That low huh? I was talking SNES only though really. may have to dust of the Wii and check out Skyward Sword tbh. Too many games to play through!
It used to be higher, and Zelda3 was all there was for SNES.

1. Zelda2
2. Zelda3
3. Zelda

was the old list

and any Zelda being low on a list is still very high in my book. The difference is minimal between them.

All time list real quick:

1. Metroid Prime2
2. Metroid Prime3
3. Metroid Prime

yup. those remain my favorite games ever. Even inspired me to get into games as a career. I remember trading in MKDA 2 weeks after it came out for Metroid Prime. Good times.

And you really should dust off the WII for Skyward Sword. It's like a mix of Wind Waker and Ocarina.

Justice

Noob
Faxanadu - that is the one stumping me for years. Hell I love that
OMG! I used to own that game! I miss that shiney gold cart soo much!

Now this is a thread for me, being old enough to remember actual Pong machines.

First off, for anyone that is more than a month old and DIDN'T mention MK as your all-time fave, YOU'RE :ban: ;)

I finally own a copy of Killer Instinct (black cart) for SNES (thanx A&C :D)

My first system was Intellivision II (my parents even got me the Intellivoice to go with it). Lock-N-Chase and the first-person spaceship game for the voice were just insane! Astrosmash was just as epic!

Spent faaaar too much time with my NES and Super Mario Bros. We used to beat that blindfolded. One day, we were sitting there with 99 lives (without using the trick) and decided "Hey! Let's not use the warps!" Oh man! It was like playing a whole new game! I'm ashamed to admit we got bootf****d after that.

I actually had the pad for NES for dancing games and Track and Field. Best times ever getting piss drunk and running hurdles....

Let's go by console.

Commodore 64

Jumpman was just off the chain back in those days. I'd wager that he'd still stand on his own against today's platformers.

Atari 2600

Plaque Attack
A cross between Space Invaders and Missile Command. Much fun and memories with that.
Pac Man Who doesn't love the Pac?

Intellivision II

Aside from the ones I already mentioned, there was 2 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons games released for the system. I can't remember their names but one was first-person and another was a side-scrolling action game. Totally epic :D

NES

Duck Hunt
I can't be the only one that unloaded a full clip into that damned dog......
Faxanadu They really don't make rpgs like that anymore....
Track and Field Drunk + Hurdles = epicness ;)
Dragon Quest Where it all began.

SNES

Earthbound
If you ever get the chance to own this, grab it and never let it go! I did and I still ram my head into a wall over it :facepalm:
7th Saga I found this game hard as fuck! No matter which path I chose, the 3rd or 4th dood would send me packin in 3 rounds or less.
Final Fantasy 6 Sorry fanbois, THIS is the most epic FF ever made. With characters you truly felt for and villains you truly wanted to beat the ever-lovin crap out of, Square has been on a creative slide ever since this game.
Y's Revenge Another massively epic rpg that wasn't made by the "BIg 2". The entire Y's series is just that damned good. Even a casual rpg fan needs to play these games.
Paladin's Quest A quirky rpg that got panned primarily due to it's cutesy art style. It was all pastels and flower buildings and such but it had rock-solid gameplay and a suitably epic storyline for an rpg.
Lord of the Rings
Insanely difficult to get a copy of, even back then. Fun game tho :D
Aerobiz Supersonic I love strategy games and Koei is the master. This little game provided endless hours of airport-building fun. It even had multiplayer! :photo:
Ogre Battle First to have an army that you could choose your party from.
I actually owned the Double Dragon fighting game. It was horrible, but still have fond memories :)

3DO

Shockwave
Shot digitally, this shooter was just insanely beautiful.
Immercenary This game was strangely prophetic in that it was all about a "world wide web" and getting trapped in it. Panned because of a truely random starting point. The point of the game was that mobs and bosses roamed the virtual city at will so you could fight them whenever but they wandered around so you had to search for them in their zone. You could start a game at level 1 right beside a boss. Once you got a few levels and a few funky weapons, the game was fun as hell.
D The first thing since a Boris Karlov movie that ACTUALLY scared the shit right out of me.
Road Rash They will never make a game this good ever again.

Playstation (PS, PS1 PSX)

Battle Arena Toshinden
A launch title and well worth the purchase.
Gran Tourismo No better racer. Ever.
Civilization II First and only (to my knowledge) Civ console port. NOTHING removed.
RPG & Fighter Maker For all those that whine and bitch about "Why didn't they do this?" or "Why didn't they add that?" Now you're the one getting bitched at. Also used the DexDrive to upload games for play/critique by others.
Final Fantasy Tactics Huge strategy game from Square. Another game I still play today.
Suikoden A form of strategy rpg in that features in the game were made available by finding the 108 Stars of Destiny

PS2

Final Fantasy XI A beautiful MMO on a console that could connect with people all over the world and on different systems? Sign me up!
Everquest Online Adventures My first MMO and did an excellent job of bringing the Everquest experience to consoles.
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore Hot babes and fluid gameplay really make this a must-have. A game I still play today.
Fire Pro Wrestling Fans of the sport of professional wrestling should check this out. Fans of wrestling entertainment, RUN AWAY! SNES graphics, but with a movelist longer than most WWE games combined, in addition to being about the only game that lets you program your edit's AI. There's something for almost every gamer type in this game.
Shadow of Destiny A game made with the aid of Germany's (I think) Ministry of Tourism for an authentic setting. Multiple endings. You have to go back and forth through time to solve your own murder.

PS3

Motorstorm Launch title. Off-road racing at it's finest.
MK9
A return to classic gameplay really brings back happy memories.
Lego Star Wars Complete No Star Wars game has ever felt like actually being in the movies like this one.
Little Big Planet A fun platformer. More creation tools than you could ever dream of. #1 reason to own a ps3.
Pain The other reason to own a ps3. Who hasn't wanted to put David Hasselhoff, Elvira and Flavor Flav in an Acme slingshot and break every bone in their bodies bouncing them around a variety of environments?

PC

I don't do much pc gaming but I built a pc specifically to play Civilization. Freecell also rocks hard.

Arcade

Mortal Kombat A given :D
Super Street Fighter 2 The first one with Cammy, Dee Jay, Fei Long and T. Hawk. I might be wrong on the version (there was soo frikin many sf2's....)
Moon Patrol This side-scroller provided soo many hours of gaming bliss
Bosconian Top-down shooter. Must play.

I'm sure there's a bunch I'm forgetting, but this is a good synopsis of my gaming history :D

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Probably one of the most fun experiences I have ever had on my first playthrough of a video game. So many secrets, and things to explore.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Man, I loved my Snes. My Favorite Games since I can't choose just one are:

The Legend of Zelda- A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Mario World, RPG, and Kart
Mortal Kombat 2
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Kirby's Avalanche
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy Game

I played and still play these games on a regular basis. They were all great great games

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's funny, I was a big SNES fan as it was my first console. But a lot of the well known favorite games of the SNES... I never even played. I always played the games no one ever even heard of. Which to me are some of the best games I've ever played. The SNES had so many games. Man, loved the SNES era.... tear :(