What's new

thanks NRS for the meter drain ''glitch''

A poke doesn't have the reward as armor. That's the whole point. I'm spending meter, risking a full combo punish if I'm wrong. I'm taking a risk for bigger reward. That's how the game works. Unfortunately the meter drain makes the risk even higher, so I can be punished even if I read correctly. It makes the risk higher than it should be imo. Some character don't have the same problem though.

I do use pokes. I almost never try to armor out of pressure because it's too risky and I hate it when I could have poked but instead stand there blocking as my meter disappears. I feel like I'm getting punished twice.

Maybe I should just switch characters or have perfect execution *shrug*
Which character are you playing if you don't mind my asking?

4x4lo8o

Noob
Which character are you playing if you don't mind my asking?
Raiden.

Shocker and Superman both have armor. Ex-Shocker's got a 25 frame execution(can easily be blocked or get hit twice and knocked out of armor) and is -29 on block, but results in a full combo if it lands, and ex-superman is fast but only does 10% point blank and is -40ish if blocked. And yes, I can always teleport out of pressure but that's not always a good option either

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Stop playing the game on ps3 and i promiose you xbox 360 won't lag, i have no idea why this game is played on ps3 in tournaments when the game moves 100% lagless on xbox 360, i have lost matches after not being able to connect the follow ups after an xray with cyrax cause of ps3 lag.
In a world where every TVs lag is different, and you never know what the tv lag is gonna be like in a tournament, all xbox doesn`t really solve the problem. We never know how the game is gonna feel on whatever TV. Therefore, we should be punished with meter drain for not being able to change out reactions on the fly?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
a lot of people complein about the meter drain glitch but the truth is that this game need this
glitch on it because if it would not be in the game players would be mashing an armor move
on every situation they can without any consequence and that would make armor move much
better than they already are.

the way i see it if you try to use armor to break the presure your opponent is doing on you and you
do not time it right you deserve to have some king of bad consequence for it trying and failing to do it
at the right time.

the meter drain glitch is very good thing in this game and and i hope that if armor is back for mk10 so is the meter drain glitch
Or they could not have armor on everything in MK10.

Just saying...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Or they could not have armor on everything in MK10.

Just saying...
Every character should have only 1 armored move besides X-Ray, i think its dumb that jax who already has dumb safe specials on block still has armor on both, Kenshi and Rain having armor on every special

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yes it does. I've done it to people numerous times.
It really doesnt. Somberness could probably confirm, but he's talked about it in the past already. You can even Xray out of strings that have a 2 frame gap like Sub's 214 or Smoke's 3d12

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I never understood why this was a "glitch". In street fighter you can get EX moves stuffed and still lose your meter. Isn't that what should happen? I absolutely agree with Evil_Riu48.
I agree, if you're using a shitty EX move that doesn't have invincibility or it runs out before active frames (a rarity) then yeah, it will get stuffed. But if I was rolling an EX DP or Rog EX Dash Punch while I'm in blockstun, there's no way I'd just lose meter while still in blockstun. It's either coming out and getting blocked or I'm hitting someone. Which is how it should be.

Yes, I should keep my meter. I should get hit by the attack(or keep blocking if that's what the game wants to say I was doing when I got hit), but I shouldn't be losing meter that I didn't get to spend.
What don't you understand bruh? You mistimed your attack so you should be hit and your meter should be taken! You're lucky your allowed to continue blocking because you should be combo'd.

Is this the first fighting game you ever played?

It really doesnt. Somberness could probably confirm, but he's talked about it in the past already. You can even Xray out of strings that have a 2 frame gap like Sub's 214 or Smoke's 3d12
Yeah, a 2 frame gap. Just like all other armor. Smoke's 3d12 has only a 1f gap between each hit. Cage can't even X-Ray out of it with his invincible x-ray. For some reason Jade can though, so iunno.

I don't like what it does=glitch

But in all seriousness I personally have always felt this was never a glitch and more of a player error type of thing.
That's what it seems like to me. The only time I ever got this glitch was online against Cages f3. It never happened to me offline.

Because it wasn't meant to be in the game... according to... damn, i dunno who lol
I tried to Ex spear out of Cages frame traps, and I got stuffed. However, I was still able to block.

Ok I lost a bar, but I'm not getting combo'd and I can still block the rest of the string.

Why should I be able to keep my meter? I took the risk and I got stuffed end of story.

When I ex spear Raiden's b3,1,2 or KL's 2,4, Overhead hat it works every single time. I've never been stuffed.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yeah, a 2 frame gap. Just like all other armor. Smoke's 3d12 has only a 1f gap between each hit. Cage can't even X-Ray out of it with his invincible x-ray. For some reason Jade can though, so iunno.
Yeah its a 1 frame gap, not 2. My bad.
It should work with any character, its worked for me with Sub & Reptile. But i've never seen anyone lose 3 bars from meter drain...
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/smoke-frame-data--blocked-string-gaps.15535/#post-326484

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
So... instead of blaming myself when I get poked out of an enhanced attack because I timed it wrong, and then lose my meter, I should blame the game instead and demand that since the attack didn't come out that I should get to keep it?

People really need to just take responsibility for the decisions they make while playing, and quit blaming the game for their faults.

I wouldn't mind losing the meter if I actually saw my move start then I got hit. It's infuriating to stand there in block stun and watch meter dissapear. Either I can do the move or o can't, make up your mind Mk. I'm all for punishing mistimed moves, but not moves that never come out.

#IamMuffinMuggers

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I wouldn't mind losing the meter if I actually saw my move start then I got hit. It's infuriating to stand there in block stun and watch meter dissapear. Either I can do the move or o can't, make up your mind Mk. I'm all for punishing mistimed moves, but not moves that never come out.

#IamMuffinMuggers
This is it right here. You don't even come out of block, meter just disappears. It's just dumb.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cage can't xray between 1f gaps because it makes the move whiff through his 2 invincibility frames that all xray attacks have.

So you'd be OK with it so long as your character moved for a frame before getting hit, and/or you saw the EX flash (colored ring that emantes from you upon EXing a move) appear?

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This gets me so damn salty and mad when it happens but I agree 100% with this. This game requires you to be extremely precise unlike where you could mash a dragon punch as many times as you want while still in block stun in ae.