What's new

thanks NRS for the meter drain ''glitch''

4x4lo8o

Noob
That's what you get for blindly mashing about brainless armored moves
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm already getting full combo punished and losing my meter if I made a bad read and my armor gets blocked(some of us don't play Sonya or Kenshi), and even if I mis-time it w/out the glitch I'm still sitting there eating a string. Why should I lose meter too? The glitch is bullshit, it's completely unjustifiable that I lose meter and my attack doesn't come out.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I like the meter drain. Just like what was said earlier against button mashers. Input bug is the one thing I cringe at still...

Maxter

Noob
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm already getting full combo punished and losing my meter if I made a bad read and my armor gets blocked(some of us don't play Sonya or Kenshi), and even if I mis-time it w/out the glitch I'm still sitting there eating a string. Why should I lose meter too? The glitch is bullshit, it's completely unjustifiable that I lose meter and my attack doesn't come out.
You are not getting punished, you can still keep blocking, you are mistiming your move with hopes to hit your opponents on a scrubby way, Riu48 uses sonya and he started this thread, sonya has one of the scrubbiest armored safe moves and he agrees that people who mistime their armored moves mashing the move while still on blocktunt should lose their meters, is not about making a bad read, learn your opp frame data and when you are free to move and execute a move. meter drain should stay
HOLD THAT!

4x4lo8o

Noob
-__- then you should lose your meter! Meter changes the metagame, and forces players to play different when his/her opponent has meter.

If you mistime your interrupt you should NEVER be rewarded.
How am I getting rewarded? If I mistime it, my attack doesn't come out, I don't lose meter and I'm still in pressure. Where is the reward there?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
a lot of people complein about the meter drain glitch but the truth is that this game need this
glitch on it because if it would not be in the game players would be mashing an armor move
on every situation they can without any consequence and that would make armor move much
better than they already are.

the way i see it if you try to use armor to break the presure your opponent is doing on you and you
do not time it right you deserve to have some king of bad consequence for it trying and failing to do it
at the right time.

the meter drain glitch is very good thing in this game and and i hope that if armor is back for mk10 so is the meter drain glitch

I always thought it made sense too...

For all you scrubs complaining about this, how about you play a character without armor for a while? Stop relying on it to "get out of pressure" and learn to play the fucking game instead of mashing your safe, unpunishable, combo-starting, sometimes advantage on block armor and make your opponent respect your other options.

Street Fighter players hit just-frame and 2-frame links while betting meter/ultra on it all the time. You can do the same. Try harder.
All true statements. I came from Street Fighter. There are "unblockables" in the game where you literally have 1 frame to block.

Developers make too many scrubby comeback mechanics in fighters nowadays anyway. This is a good thing.

How am I getting rewarded? If I mistime it, my attack doesn't come out, I don't lose meter and I'm still in pressure. Where is the reward there?
You think the "glitch" is dumb. Which means you believe that if you mistime an interrupt you should keep you meter right? That's being rewarded. Yeah your in pressure, but your keeping your meter!

"Meter is life" remember?

Maxter

Noob
There's a reason why I get the meter drain glitch the least these past six months. Stop timing shit one frame too late and step your reflex game up.
Lord Reo Hath Spoken!
Time your shit right or just use a character with no armor and get blown up trying to come out of pressure like a champ.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You think the "glitch" is dumb. Which means you believe that if you mistime an interrupt you should keep you meter right? That's being rewarded. Yeah your in pressure, but your keeping your meter!

"Meter is life" remember?
Yes, I should keep my meter. I should get hit by the attack(or keep blocking if that's what the game wants to say I was doing when I got hit), but I shouldn't be losing meter that I didn't get to spend.

Maxter

Noob
Yes, I should keep my meter. I should get hit by the attack(or keep blocking if that's what the game wants to say I was doing when I got hit), but I shouldn't be losing meter that I didn't get to spend.
If you triggered the move at the wrong time you meant to spend it, its the same when people do an xray at the wrong time and opps block it, the way to avoid this, you must time your armored special move when you are 100% sure you can attack or are out of block stunt. If you execue the move right you will never get the glitch, if you mash or want to abuse it, HOLD THAT!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You're doing it wrong, level up and learn the frame data

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This "stop doing it on the wrong frame and level up" nonsense is ridiculous. Do you people realize that we are playing a game that randomly lags all over the place? Many times in moments we don`t even notice. This game does NOT have a consistent frame rate.

Then try a poke.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This "stop doing it on the wrong frame and level up" nonsense is ridiculous. Do you people realize that we are playing a game that randomly lags all over the place? Many times in moments we don`t even notice. This game does NOT have a consistent frame rate.
Still doesn't justify why he should armor on wrong frame everytime.

It doesn't lags only for one person, from what i know, this game is played by 2 persons in the same stage, lagging or not, some of us still can armor out of the move on the right frame and avoid the "meter drain" and cleary we don't mash armor like crazy because we're frustrated with the pressure system MK always had.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You are not getting punished, you can still keep blocking, you are mistiming your move with hopes to hit your opponents on a scrubby way, Riu48 uses sonya and he started this thread, sonya has one of the scrubbiest armored safe moves and he agrees that people who mistime their armored moves mashing the move while still on blocktunt should lose their meters, is not about making a bad read, learn your opp frame data and when you are free to move and execute a move. meter drain should stay
HOLD THAT!
Him playing a character with a scrubby safe armor move doesn't make his opinion more valuable or less biased. If anything I'd give it more weight if he played a character who had to take a risk to when using armor. Even if he makes a bad read and the opponent blocks his kartwheel, he loses a bar of meter and is at -3. So what? He doesn't care. The meter drain is the only real risk he has.
If I'm playing Raiden and I decided to use armor, I'm already risking a full combo punish if I read wrong. On top of that meter drain glitch makes it so that I can lose meter and get nothing for it even if I guess right. If the glitch was worst thing that could ever happen when I tried to armor I wouldn't care about the glitch either.

If you triggered the move at the wrong time you meant to spend it, its the same when people do an xray at the wrong time and opps block it, the way to avoid this, you must time your armored special move when you are 100% sure you can attack or are out of block stunt. If you execue the move right you will never get the glitch, if you mash or want to abuse it, HOLD THAT!
I agree that I should be punished if I execute something wrong. But not by standing there blocking and losing a bar of meter. If I let go of block and tried to attack at the wrong time then I should get hit. If I spend meter on armor I should get armor. If the game decided that because of the way I timed it that I just stood there blocking the whole time then it shouldn't take my meter too.

Maxter

Noob
Stop playing the game on ps3 and i promiose you xbox 360 won't lag, i have no idea why this game is played on ps3 in tournaments when the game moves 100% lagless on xbox 360, i have lost matches after not being able to connect the follow ups after an xray with cyrax cause of ps3 lag.

Crathen

Death is my business
Meter drain was not intended as other stuff in MK so the only way to deal with it is to adapt , this thread is going in the direction of "what makes a fighting game good" wich is heavily biased by top players so it shouldn't be discussed here now.
However i approve that the framerate is not stable and can affect many things , actually i always wondered if Somberness could simply record the framerate for the stages ( both ps3 and xbox ) and what moves make the framerate go down , are you guys sure this game always runs at 60 fps? Don't think so.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Then try a poke.
A poke doesn't have the reward as armor. That's the whole point. I'm spending meter, risking a full combo punish if I'm wrong. I'm taking a risk for bigger reward. That's how the game works. Unfortunately the meter drain makes the risk even higher, so I can be punished even if I read correctly. It makes the risk higher than it should be imo. Some character don't have the same problem though.

I do use pokes. I almost never try to armor out of pressure because it's too risky and I hate it when I could have poked but instead stand there blocking as my meter disappears. I feel like I'm getting punished twice.

Maybe I should just switch characters or have perfect execution *shrug*

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Stop playing the game on ps3 and i promiose you xbox 360 won't lag, i have no idea why this game is played on ps3 in tournaments when the game moves 100% lagless on xbox 360, i have lost matches after not being able to connect the follow ups after an xray with cyrax cause of ps3 lag.
that is why i always had the impression that on Xbox 360 the game is way more faster LOL.
Now i get why DarkSlayerSmith has problem adjusting at the tournaments, we used to play on Xbox360

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Meter drain was not intended as other stuff in MK so the only way to deal with it is to adapt , this thread is going in the direction of "what makes a fighting game good" wich is heavily biased by top players so it shouldn't be discussed here now.
However i approve that the framerate is not stable and can affect many things , actually i always wondered if Somberness could simply record the framerate for the stages ( both ps3 and xbox ) and what moves make the framerate go down , are you guys sure this game always runs at 60 fps? Don't think so.
I've thought about pointing this out but since most of the community call any performance issues they don't understand "lag", framerate included, what's the point..