What's new

Terminator... But, WHICH ONE?!

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Its similar but in no way the Terminator music.
Dude it’s a very very clear reference to it. Besides the industrial percussion, it even has the machine like “whine” synth sound. I’ve never said it’s the exact music, I’ve said it’s a clear reference.

Put your money up.

The music prior to that point is completely different. It clues right after the chainsaw, an obvious reference to Ash. They can’t use the exact same music, the licensing would be ridiculously expensive and too obvious of a give away.

That music defined my childhood, lol, it’s a reference. I’ll bet you $100.

Last edited:
# I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN THERE'S NO RAIN
I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN BOON'S ROSTER IS CONVOLUTED...
AND HIS PROMISES ARE NOSE-PROTRUDED...

I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN THERE'S NO RAIN. #

Even if they can't get the rights to use Arnold's likeness or voice, they'll just go with a skinless T-800/T-850 since people know them by sight.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Even if they can't get the rights to use Arnold's likeness or voice, they'll just go with a skinless T-800/T-850 since people know them by sight.
It has to be him. I just read the intros and they are great. There are a couple Conan references and even a kindergarten cop reference. It will be Arnold, no doubt. It would be a shame if he didn’t do the voice since they already have Bruce Campbell and Keith David reprising their roles.

sgZick

Noob
Anything but Arnold/T-800 would be a big surprise. When the DLC first leaked I was hoping for the T-1000 though, gameplay-wise you can do so much more, at least in my imagination, T-1000 and TX offer so much more options for cool moves.

T-800: Some heavy hitter with guns, not that interesting...
T-1000: Dhalsim like fighter with extendable limbs and Green Lantern like constructs (shapes arms into big axes and so on)...
TX: can morph her weapons in different stances, melee arm/plasma cannon arm... (boob-size increase as a parry maybe :) )

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Anything but Arnold/T-800 would be a big surprise. When the DLC first leaked I was hoping for the T-1000 though, gameplay-wise you can do so much more, at least in my imagination, T-1000 and TX offer so much more options for cool moves.

T-800: Some heavy hitter with guns, not that interesting...
T-1000: Dhalsim like fighter with extendable limbs and Green Lantern like constructs (shapes arms into big axes and so on)...
TX: can morph her weapons in different stances, melee arm/plasma cannon arm... (boob-size increase as a parry maybe :) )
I agree, but the whole deal of this character - the way I see it - was to see Arnold face off with your favorite MK characters (and vice versa). It wasn't about the moveset. Imo, always.

Gerchap

Noob
Is this a serious question?
What name comes to mind when you hear TERMINATOR? He even said he’ll be back

xKMMx

Banned
Dude it’s a very very clear reference to it. Besides the industrial percussion, it even has the machine like “whine” synth sound. I’ve never said it’s the exact music, I’ve said it’s a clear reference.

Put your money up.

The music prior to that point is completely different. It clues right after the chainsaw, an obvious reference to Ash. They can’t use the exact same music, the licensing would be ridiculously expensive and too obvious of a give away.

That music defined my childhood, lol, it’s a reference. I’ll bet you $100.
Lol what’s the bet? That the terminator will be in the game? No deal bruh we already know that much.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Because of how famous the actor is, I think there's a chance it'll be someone who resembles him, rather than the face actually be scanned of him.
Yeah as much as it pains me to say, it probably won’t actually be him... it would likely cost millions to get him to do something like this. Not saying NRS and Warner Bros. dont have deep pockets, but I don’t see that investment being made. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Yeah as much as it pains me to say, it probably won’t actually be him... it would likely cost millions to get him to do something like this. Not saying NRS and Warner Bros. dont have deep pockets, but I don’t see that investment being made. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Not to mention that Arnold isn't someone who does stuff like that for free or for a penny. He always used to say: "If you ask for this much to do something in show business, people will think you're worth that much. In show business, you have to protect yourself by not selling yourself short." or something along those lines.

sgZick

Noob
I agree, but the whole deal of this character - the way I see it - was to see Arnold face off with your favorite MK characters (and vice versa). It wasn't about the moveset. Imo, always.
Yeah, if they get (and can afford) Arnold's face and voice. If not, just having the T-800 skeleton or a look-alike is a worse choice, but yeah the T-1000 would only be cool with Robert Patrick's face as well, though I guess he would be cheaper to hire...

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Arnold was scanned for the Terminator as DLC in a WWE game a while back and did voice acting for a number of Terminator games as well as that Family Guy Quest for Stuff mobile game. I highly doubt he's beyond attainable for NRS.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Arnold is getting kicked in the back doing small time expos in Africa lol. He barely moved too after the guy drop kicked him. He thought press bumped into him, that shit is funny.

I don’t think he costs as much as people think he does. The money is in the actual license rights you would think. If they paid to get terminator then getting Arnie would be no sweat. It’s actually promotional since he’s in the new movie with a beard. I hope ash and terminator have their old and “young” versions as skins.