What's new

Terminator... But, WHICH ONE?!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
OP IS RIGHT PUT THEM BOTH INN GAME!
we will probly get Arnold tho because...ITS TURBO TIME!

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Even though I'd love it to be Arnie, I think it may just be the exoskeleton. Making it a likeness of one of the actual people who play the Terminator in the films would be problematical as NRS would have to continually pay residuals to the actor as well as paying for the licencing fee from the studio.

If it ends up being a human, I think it will be a totally new look.

I love the idea of the Terminator. BUT, they have to get it right visually. And Arnold must be voicing him. An impersonator would sound bad IMO. If it is the endoskeleton, then that would be fine too. We'll see.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It will most definitely not be just the exoskeleton. Leaked intros with Skarlet verify this. Of course, there's always the chance they'll fuck it up with the intros - like when Liu Kang tells Saibot he will never rule the Netherealm while having his revenant skin.

Really curious to see Baraka biting the terminator's head though, no matter what the 'skin'.

its not gonna be t-1000. leaked intro dialogue:

Terminator: "Beneath my skin is a metal endoskeleton."
Baraka: "Then eating you won't ease my hunger."
Terminator: "Affirmative."

Sonya: "I hear you're an automated killing machine."
Terminator: "Cyberdyne Systems. Model 101."
Sonya: "At least you're not a damned cyber ninja."

Terminator: "What series are you?"
Terminator: "T 905."
Terminator: "What are your upgrades?"

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I assume it will either be Arnold or just the T-800 skeleton. That said, I would lose my goddamn mind if I got to play as the Robert Patrick T-1000.

Sonya: "I hear you're an automated killing machine."
Terminator: "Cyberdyne Systems. Model 101."
Sonya: "At least you're not a damned cyber ninja."
Ah... Well, that kind of spoils it. I guess, we'll have to hope they don't make him too gun-heavy and derivative of extant characters, as well as throw in some goofy Arnie lines from the films.

"MY DATA BANKS DO NOT ENCOMPASS THE DYNAMICS OF HUMAN PAIR-BONDING." (T3)
---

I assume it will either be Arnold or just the T-800 skeleton. That said, I would lose my goddamn mind if I got to play as the Robert Patrick T-1000.

Regards,
Ed Boon

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If it's Loken I'm gonna HNNNNNNNG real hard, but I want Arnold <3

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It's Arnold - or someone who will resemble him a lot. You can hear a motorbike after the chainsaw and Arnold was the only Terminator who used one.

EDIT: No, wait … the T-1000 also used one at one point. But he's nowhere near as iconic as Arnold.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
You can hear a motorbike after the chainsaw
Man, you guys are just hearing what you want to hear, either that or I need to get my ears checked. I'm hearing none of this stuff except the chainsaw, I hear the sound of it starting, going through flesh and bone, the splatter of blood, and then back to the music thst was playing throughout the trailer.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Man, you guys are just hearing what you want to hear, either that or I need to get my ears checked. I'm hearing none of this stuff except the chainsaw, I hear the sound of it starting, going through flesh and bone, the splatter of blood, and then back to the music thst was playing throughout the trailer.
There is a gun reload. 2 clicks though, if it was the boomstick it would be a one click reload because it’s a double barrel shotgun. Someone mentioned that it’s the terminators lever action shotgun which makes sense.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
While I think Terminator is awesome! I can't help but wonder how the gore side with fatals/brutals will work with him. He has no skeleton or organs...

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
While I think Terminator is awesome! I can't help but wonder how the gore side with fatals/brutals will work with him. He has no skeleton or organs...
This is what I’ve been saying since the beginning.

But it turns out... the devs will just ignore it.

For example, Krushing Blows still work on Sektor and Cyrax, except there’s just no x-ray cutout.

But then take look at Frost. Fatal Blows, Krushing Blows, Fatalities... everything works on her as normal, and simply pretends she’s a fully-fleshed human, which is just dumb. Blood, bones, everything. Especially dumb when you see her robotic spine intro, then Cassie Cage does her nut kick fatality and a regular bone spine pops out. It’s lazy and makes no sense.

So I suspect the same treatment for the Terminator.

This is what I’ve been saying since the beginning.

But it turns out... the devs will just ignore it.

For example, Krushing Blows still work on Sektor and Cyrax, except there’s just no x-ray cutout.

But then take look at Frost. Fatal Blows, Krushing Blows, Fatalities... everything works on her as normal, and simply pretends she’s a fully-fleshed human, which is just dumb. Blood, bones, everything. Especially dumb when you see her robotic spine intro, then Cassie Cage does her nut kick fatality and a regular bone spine pops out. It’s lazy and makes no sense.

So I suspect the same treatment for the Terminator.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I really hope crushing blows show the exoskeleton underneath, like if its a skeleton that would be some lazy shit. As for the organs and the brain and stuff, NRS will probably just give him some and say screw it.
If they really do get Arnold, I'm playing this character. Despite the fact Ash is easily my most hyped DLC character, tearing somebodys head off as Arnold goddamn Schwarzenegger is too hype.