What's new

Terminator... But, WHICH ONE?!

Resistible

MK fan since '92
This is what I’ve been saying since the beginning.

But it turns out... the devs will just ignore it.

For example, Krushing Blows still work on Sektor and Cyrax, except there’s just no x-ray cutout.

But then take look at Frost. Fatal Blows, Krushing Blows, Fatalities... everything works on her as normal, and simply pretends she’s a fully-fleshed human, which is just dumb. Blood, bones, everything. Especially dumb when you see her robotic spine intro, then Cassie Cage does her nut kick fatality and a regular bone spine pops out. It’s lazy and makes no sense.

So I suspect the same treatment for the Terminator.
All that worked on Alien in MKX and when there were fatalities that involved the eyes they were left out. They could do something similar and leave out all the organs but it won't have the same oomph. If they gave him organs and a human brain for Baraka to eat he's just going to be a white Jax minus the arms. There's going to be nothing terminator about him outside intros and victories, just Arnold Schwarzenegger co-starring in MK11

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Man, you guys are just hearing what you want to hear, either that or I need to get my ears checked. I'm hearing none of this stuff except the chainsaw, I hear the sound of it starting, going through flesh and bone, the splatter of blood, and then back to the music thst was playing throughout the trailer.
There is definitely a reference to the iconic Terminator music, listen again. It has that industrial “bumbum bum bumbum”.

Edit: I just confirmed it. The music totally changes after the guest characters and chainsaw.

Last edited:

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
How about skins for multiple/all of them? Yeah, it'd be funky w/ the gameplay since the different T-models are capable of different things, but then maybe make their tourney variations reflect that and just try to balance the normals to make sense for all T-models.

edit:
oh, but my prediction? Either Arnold or T-800 skeleton. MAYBE the Rev-9 model from the new movie coming out, which could be neat since it apparently can become 2 separate individuals simultaneously.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
After isolating the part after the chainsaw and comparing it to the T2 theme, I do hear the first couple notes from the movie.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
its not gonna be t-1000. leaked intro dialogue:

Terminator: "Beneath my skin is a metal endoskeleton."
Baraka: "Then eating you won't ease my hunger."
Terminator: "Affirmative."

Sonya: "I hear you're an automated killing machine."
Terminator: "Cyberdyne Systems. Model 101."
Sonya: "At least you're not a damned cyber ninja."

Terminator: "What series are you?"
Terminator: "T 905."
Terminator: "What are your upgrades?"
Where did you get those? Are ash’s in there?

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
I really can't see Arnold's full face being in the game. Maybe it's like half or quarter of what looks like his face with the exo skeleton being the majority. Something similar to this but more exo than skin.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
All said and done, I'd love a skin where he is the exoskeleton only. Intro sequences making no sense be damned.

xKMMx

Banned
Anyone on here thinking it will be the T-1000 is nuts. There would be zero point to obtaining all the licensing and crap to use the villain from a terminator movie that came out a couple years before most people playing this game were born. Arnie is recognizable and marketable to a wider range of age demos. It will be Arnie or the Endoskeleton.

xKMMx

Banned
While I think Terminator is awesome! I can't help but wonder how the gore side with fatals/brutals will work with him. He has no skeleton or organs...
He has living tissue on top of the endo skeleton. See Terminator 2 bruh

xKMMx

Banned
There is definitely a reference to the iconic Terminator music, listen again. It has that industrial “bumbum bum bumbum”.

Edit: I just confirmed it. The music totally changes after the guest characters and chainsaw.
Its similar but in no way the Terminator music.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Terminator: "Your observation is incorrect."
Jackie Briggs: "You sure? That neck's pretty thick."
Terminator: "It's not a tumor."

Definitely Arnold.