What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Crathen

Death is my business
The US would play Tekken 'right' if our top players played with eachother constantly like they do in Korea. The US is ignorant in a lot of matchups because there are like maybe 5 players in the US at the caliber of Korean players and they only have so much matchup experience. When you don't know whats going on, your main line of defense and throwing something out first before they have a chance to get in and hit you with some parlor tricks your ignorant about. We don't choose to play the game wrong, but its the only chance we have in order to win given the geography gap that exists in the US.

I find it funny you say Anakin only OCV'd Team Korea only cause they didn't know what was going on with a top level Jack...as if US players know whats going on with any top level character besides Bob.
Yeah i totally understand what you're saying , im not making excuses for koreans just to be clear , they lost fare and square 2 years ago.

They have the chance to play daily vs high level players that plays certain character and actually know their MU , USA doesnt.

Gonna try writing up more later as this is a good argument , right now i have a goddamn headche , gotta sleep.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
But whats really telling is Saint, a tekken emperor from korea with over 5000 matches played in the past year, losing to Anakin 3-0.
We only had the game for 2 months btw.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
The combo starts with Lars's f,b+2,1.

This is the combo I think he was doing, but I am not 100% sure because I am not very familiar with the Lars/Lee team.

(Lars) f,b+2,1~tag iB (Lee) b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n iW 4,u+3 (Lars) iSW f+1+4.

Massive wall carry and probably 100+ points of damage. Nina can do similar with iWS+1.
Ahh yea I seen that done to me before. I was like :O how the fuck lol

And sadly I still can't do consecutive iWS+1. I try and try

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I've gotta say Anakin did a hella good job against Saint/Koreans. Those guys have had the game for a year, and he put up a damn good fight. Can't wait for the next ATP podcast, that's for sure.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I don't usually play rushdown, but Kazuya... damn... I thought Heihachi was good, but Kazuya is an absolute beast. I am so happy I dropped Jinpachi. I am definitely teaming Heihachi and Kazuya together. I ran a practice set with a friend of mine who plays King/A.king. Heihachi and A.King is a pretty even match up in terms of range and speed of pokes, but otherwise I felt like I had a massive advantage in terms of character tools.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Can some one tell me what the rules are for tekken offline tournaments??

I need to know what buttons I can map on my controller. I know that "button binding" isn't allowed (I'm guessing).

However does anyone know if I could have all 4 attacks on the top 4 buttons and the normal X Square O triangle buttons.
So one RK on the top and one on O. Is that allowed?? What are the rules???

Can some one tell me what the rules are for tekken offline tournaments??

I need to know what buttons I can map on my controller. I know that "button binding" isn't allowed (I'm guessing).

However does anyone know if I could have all 4 attacks on the top 4 buttons and the normal X Square O triangle buttons.
So one RK on the top and one on O. Is that allowed?? What are the rules???

pretty sure the rules go something like this

"if the game lets you bind it, its fair. Including macro". This has been true for SF4, MvC2, MvC3, SC4, SC5, and etc. I don't see tekken being the exception.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Banning button binding is just insecure trash imo, the layout I use was a default option in Tekken 1 and 2, and I've rolled with it ever since, except for swapping 1+3 for Tag/5

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
No one cares huh? Man I thought the PND lot would be itching to get out on the tourney scene again. I miss the meetups....

/sniff...

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Good games to Semi Evil Ryu the other day, by the way. Fun stuff.

Where were the rest of you this weekend, huh? =P I thought we were going to make a TYM room on Saturday afternoon! I was on for a huge 4 hour session and didn't see anyone else!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Good games to Semi Evil Ryu the other day, by the way. Fun stuff.

Where were the rest of you this weekend, huh? =P I thought we were going to make a TYM room on Saturday afternoon! I was on for a huge 4 hour session and didn't see anyone else!
if you're still playing at christmas i'll have a ps3 then.....
my car died and my moeny went into investing in a new one..... so I can't justify getting a ps3 :(

God this game is so fun though. Actually made me better at MK and enjoy playing both now. Yay tekken.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Banning button binding is just insecure trash imo, the layout I use was a default option in Tekken 1 and 2, and I've rolled with it ever since, except for swapping 1+3 for Tag/5
Same here. I use the double button inputs (LP+LK, RP+RK, LP+RP, LK+RK) on the pad's shoulders all the time.

At MLG "button configuration" was allowed. I supposed that meant you could map the buttons whichever way you liked.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Same here. I use the double button inputs (LP+LK, RP+RK, LP+RP, LK+RK) on the pad's shoulders all the time.

At MLG "button configuration" was allowed. I supposed that meant you could map the buttons whichever way you liked.
as it should be.....
i use triple on some of the shoulders... i know my right shoulder is mapped to LP+RP+RK so i can do dragon sleeper and RDC with King
if they don't want us to do it... don't let us map them that way.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
as it should be.....
i use triple on some of the shoulders... i know my right shoulder is mapped to LP+RP+RK so i can do dragon sleeper and RDC with King
if they don't want us to do it... don't let us map them that way.
Exactly. Besides, mapping buttons doesn't automagically lets you win. If you're trash, simple button mapping, isn't going to help you beat a Korean.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
So how has everyone been doing lately? Are people still playing?

I went from feast back to famine... after a lovely 3-day stretch where I was able to play for several hours a day, it seems real life has tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that, hey, you don't really have that kind of time to play anymore. So it seems for now I'm back to 3-4 hours to play a week.

That said, I feel like I leveled up a bunch in those few days... got to get my fundamentals back, start to learn to fight some of the new characters I didn't play in T6, and start figuring out some setups for my team, Zafina in particular. I took my juggles from about 70 damage to 100.

It seemed like there was a TYM explosion when this game first came out, but now there are just a few of us actually playing. I still get sad when I watch high-level MK9 and wonder how different the scene could've been if the online had been like TTT2's, rather than total garbage.

I hardly come to this retarded site. But I suppose I can pay attention to the only good thread that actually supports a GOOD fighting game.

Message me on PSN if u wanna throw down folks. PSN = devildigimon

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No one cares huh? Man I thought the PND lot would be itching to get out on the tourney scene again. I miss the meetups....

/sniff...
I'd be down, just we ain't had much in the way of casuals to really nail a team for ourselves. And I'm kinda on standby for now until they release Doctor B anyway.. Maybe another tourney of yours would kick things off :)

I will when I have money to. Cant go on the 25th cause I'll be mashed on that morning anyway.
Dude, lets be serious here, you made top 16 at EVO despite the state you were in yet you don't wanna firm the influence of foreign substances for a local tourney? Maaaaaaan...