What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

I play with arguably the best Hwoarang on the east coast, so I actually know that matchup! =P Everyone plays him so differently though, he's always a fun fight. Are you on my friends list yet? If not, whats your PSN?
My psn is protagonist_1, I added you, but I wasn't sure if your friends list was full. And you know a hwoarang player? Most of the people I've asked never really have people that play him (except a person name speedkicks who's going to a tourney in detroit), I honestly think he's a risk/reward character with his flamingo stance. Reminds me of Johnny Cage in a sense.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
My psn is protagonist_1, I added you, but I wasn't sure if your friends list was full. And you know a hwoarang player? Most of the people I've asked never really have people that play him (except a person name speedkicks who's going to a tourney in detroit), I honestly think he's a risk/reward character with his flamingo stance. Reminds me of Johnny Cage in a sense.
The Tekken 4 legend, Hwoarang675, is a Philadelphia player. Almost no one plays him, which means if you don't know the match and you actually fight a good one, you're likely to get fucking MURDERED. He's still incredible now... his rushdown is so brutal. If we get a room together tomorrow I'll see if I can call him and have him hop on.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Onwards Helpme.... eradicate the all the Jacks and Mishima filth that dwell in the U.S.A

Lee and Lars technically are Mishimas though.. whatever

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Is that when Lars does a tag combo??

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
The combo starts with Lars's f,b+2,1.

This is the combo I think he was doing, but I am not 100% sure because I am not very familiar with the Lars/Lee team.

(Lars) f,b+2,1~tag iB (Lee) b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n iW 4,u+3 (Lars) iSW f+1+4.

Massive wall carry and probably 100+ points of damage. Nina can do similar with iWS+1.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Hey I stopped playing TTT2 but my little brother signed me up for a tournament at school :(. Can someone who plays the character Feng tell me if these are any good because I don't practice this, and don't remember what was and wasn't useful.

My main punish for big damage is: F3,4 ,D/F1, D/F1, F4,3! F3,4, B2+1 (whiffs but puts you close enough for backstance mix-up)
My main wall punish is D/F 2,2 D/B2 ,2,2 B1+2 D3

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
The combo starts with Lars's f,b+2,1.

This is the combo I think he was doing, but I am not 100% sure because I am not very familiar with the Lars/Lee team.

(Lars) f,b+2,1~tag iB (Lee) b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n, b+2,f,n iW 4,u+3 (Lars) iSW f+1+4.

Massive wall carry and probably 100+ points of damage. Nina can do similar with iWS+1.
The combo is as follows:

(Lars) f,b+2,1~tag B! (Lee) b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f, b, iWS 2, 3 ~tag W! (Lars) wall combo.

The thing I'm sure off is that he does 5 of b+2~f to wall carry and iWS 2, 3 to send them to the nearest wall.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
That factors in but it's the way USA plays Tekken that is wrong
Wrong?! Nah. Different?!? Yes. Playing cheap or throwing out moves that are unexpected is still an efficient way of winning. Slips has been throwing shit out for a decade and has beaten the best japanese and koreans in the past.

Anakin OCV'd Team Korea(Nin, Knee, Holeman) by playing tekken "wrong"

Crathen

Death is my business
Wrong?! Nah. Different?!? Yes. Playing cheap or throwing out moves that are unexpected is still an efficient way of winning. Slips has been throwing shit out for a decade and has beaten the best japanese and koreans in the past.

Wrong as in different ofc , throwing out strings hoping the opponent doesn't know them is gonna get someone only so far ( look at the Anakin vs JDCR match from yesterday...eddy uf+3 mixups worked only once and he got blown up for the rest like doing uf3,3 lol ) , listen i don't care about arguing about what's the better approach in tournament play , but in a theorical FT10 against any good korean player that way of playing wouldnt work.

Anakin is a monster , yes , i was at UT last year so i know what he's capable of , but saying he OCV'd Team Korea 2 years ago tells only a part of the story , Koreans had Jack 6 as bottom tier that time and they barely knew the MU because no one played Jack 6 in the arcades.

We both know top koreans players are years ahead US and EU tekken metagame , and this is not mean in any bad way , it's just accepting it and trying to adapt to that style of play.

Oh btw Knee won ESCW just now playing Lars/Hworang , tells you how much he had to focus lol

http://www.eswc.com/en/2012/game/ttt2

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The combo is as follows:

(Lars) f,b+2,1~tag B! (Lee) b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f,n, b+2~f, b, iWS 2, 3 ~tag W! (Lars) wall combo.

The thing I'm sure off is that he does 5 of b+2~f to wall carry and iWS 2, 3 to send them to the nearest wall.
I have gotten a confirmation that the one above works too.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

lol

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
That factors in but it's the way USA plays Tekken that is wrong
The US would play Tekken 'right' if our top players played with eachother constantly like they do in Korea. The US is ignorant in a lot of matchups because there are like maybe 5 players in the US at the caliber of Korean players and they only have so much matchup experience. When you don't know whats going on, your main line of defense and throwing something out first before they have a chance to get in and hit you with some parlor tricks your ignorant about. We don't choose to play the game wrong, but its the only chance we have in order to win given the geography gap that exists in the US.

I find it funny you say Anakin OCV'd Team Korea only cause they didn't know what was going on with a top level Jack...as if US players know whats going on with any top level character besides Bob.