What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Crathen

Death is my business
Heihachi has never had any non-launchable low attacks because the majority of his move list has always consisted of safe mid attacks. If he had Devil Jin's d/b+2, he would be S+ tier. His own d/b+2 has been buffed. It does 30 pts. of damage (almost 40 pts. in rage) and is at least +3 on hit.
He still would lack DJ u+3 and overall crushing game , but yeah he'd be easy and fucked up if they gave him a safeish low like DJ db+2.

Crathen

Death is my business
Heihachi is slightly better than DVJ.
He edges him out because of his devastating mids.

And PSN comp >>>>>>>>> Live comp.
Nah , heihachi is just easier to use , usa is lazy when it comes to use mishimas properly.i agree on the psn comp

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Heihachis db2 does 29 pts of damage and is +5 on hit. While rising 1 (15 fr) is un-interruptable after it (dick jabs will whiff on Heihachi after a db2 hit). WR 1 on hit comboes into another db2 for 49 pts of damage on regular hit. Db2 also crushes highs (late in the animation). If Heihachi had fast crush moves (that launch) he would be seriously overpowered. Besides, db1+2 crushes highs early in the animation. Uf4 crushes lows just fine.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Kinda off topic but I played DR last night for shits and giggles, reminded me of how barebones AK (CH D/F+3 and a dream) used to be and how many characters I should pick back up. The wallsplat mechanics really haven't aged well either lol

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Kinda off topic but I played DR last night for shits and giggles, reminded me of how barebones AK (CH D/F+3 and a dream) used to be and how many characters I should pick back up. The wallsplat mechanics really haven't aged well either lol
I loved DR Armor King. Damn, DR was such a good frigging game. Lili W!, 1,2~u/f+3+4 tech trap wall crossup into d+1~u/f+3 full relaunch... so good. It barely works anymore in TTT2, the timing and angles have become too weird for it to be remotely consistent. =(

Crathen

Death is my business
Still stupid lol....then again hopkicks are generally faster , -13 on block and give full combos with wallcarry , the amount of stupid shit since T6 really changes the metagame so much...dem random launchers

DR was really enjoyable yeah , T5 hell no lol who remembers EVO 2005? We call that ST-EVO for a reason. Dat infinite yo

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I've been neglecting this game for the past week because I've been practicing MK 9 again for this GGA tournament on Saturday.

But once that's done, I'll be back to playing TTT2. Is there any sort of online lobby that you guys have been doing together to play and hang out?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've been neglecting this game for the past week because I've been practicing MK 9 again for this GGA tournament on Saturday.

But once that's done, I'll be back to playing TTT2. Is there any sort of online lobby that you guys have been doing together to play and hang out?
are you ps3 or xbox.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
DAMMIT!!!!
tahts it.... Vita is going back.... double in store credit...... thats 200 plus dollars..... ps3 here I come. We can be friends
That actually sounds like a pretty badass deal.

But yeah, add me when you get the PS3. PSN: Rumler

That goes for all of you other cool cats, too.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I loved DR Armor King. Damn, DR was such a good frigging game. Lili W!, 1,2~u/f+3+4 tech trap wall crossup into d+1~u/f+3 full relaunch... so good. It barely works anymore in TTT2, the timing and angles have become too weird for it to be remotely consistent. =(
Yeah DR Lili was pretty ahead of her time lol. It's just too bad it never really got a mainstream version, by the time the PS3 mustered a mass market T6 was right around the corner :(

I also sometimes wonder if around the time DR was released in arcades, that would've been the opportunity to go ahead with TTT2, but yeah as Crathen pointed out, they couldn't have left vanilla T5 in the state that it was, good times tho.

Crathen

Death is my business
I still have my beastin movement :) , now i need to study so much character shit.....fuck law #pointlessbrag

Skkra

I still have my beastin movement :) , now i need to study so much character shit.....fuck law #pointlessbrag
What's your PSN name?

Man, I haven't even touched the game in a week now. Too busy with work/life. I've been putting the Morning Bread and Butter character breakdown videos on in the evening while I'm working out to try and get an idea of everyone, but my matchup experience is a joke. I think I've played about 100 games of TTT2 now? Lulz. Haven't even fought a single Lars/Leo/Bob/Miguel yet... aaaand about half of the rest of the cast!

This game just takes so much study... if you don't know every character's frame traps and shenanigans you're bound to get wrecked by them.

Crathen

Death is my business
What's your PSN name?

Man, I haven't even touched the game in a week now. Too busy with work/life. I've been putting the Morning Bread and Butter character breakdown videos on in the evening while I'm working out to try and get an idea of everyone, but my matchup experience is a joke. I think I've played about 100 games of TTT2 now? Lulz. Haven't even fought a single Lars/Leo/Bob/Miguel yet... aaaand about half of the rest of the cast!

This game just takes so much study... if you don't know every character's frame traps and shenanigans you're bound to get wrecked by them.
PSN id: Mud-and-Cigs

My ISP is giving hell to me lately tho , very unstable connection so imma fire their asses and get a new ISP wich runs at constant 40 ping and has 4 mb in dl & 1 mb in up , i warn ya i'm from Italy.

Anyways i've played no more than 50 fights online ( fuckin ISP ) so i'm kinda rusty on reactions too , in a week i should be receiving my new headset so if someone wants some level up sessions just hit me up , i can tell ya everything about Bryan and Dragunov.

I might learn some new characters soon too ;)

Skkra

, i can tell ya everything about Bryan and Dragunov.
I know how to deal with Dragunov, and kiiinda know how to fight Bryan. I haven't really played much Tekken since DR because I hated T6 so I'm still getting accustomed to all the new stuff they gave him in T6. I'll try and catch you online.

I hope they just buff Sebastian in general =P. He needs longer legs!