What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Armor King/ King just because.... i've always used King and Armor King has some... Mishima in him.
Hope online is good... and to see you guys out there. :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well since I've officially been screwed out of getting A.Ogre and Kunimitsu early, I think I'ma just play it safe and explore the Synergy between King/A.King for now.

Good lord no...the game standalone is pretty balanced as it is, but the tag element also helps. Each character fulfills different roles better than others, like the Mishimas have excellent launching and poking so they're generally stronger on point for example, so it's not entirely "pick a top tier".

Dave, you might like Kunimitsu. Her pokes have some sick range, and she even has a stance sorta like NMS. And her charge is retarded...spins her away lmfao.
You mean where she leans and then goes into some overhead slash from the sky? (can't remember the inputs on it) could've sworn that was in TTT1 lol. But LBSH, Dave wants those Sareena-esque dagger shots. #Kappa

TarkatanDentist
Slight errors with your theory:
- Jun was pushing 40 when Ogre came around
- Julia's Tekken 3 ending
- They milked the whole "new incarnation of a character taking revenge for the original" thing dry, let's not start that shit with Kunimitsu :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Her d+1+2 move from TTT1 was just an evasive mindgame shenanigan that wasn't too useful, but in TTT2 they made it into a stance with options afterwards

VOR

Noob
I've owned all the current evo games at some point but i've sold them all to play mk9 and ttt2. Looking forward to it, since the wife will also play it too. Idk why she won't play mk, I guess the way it moves is too crazy for her lol. Looking forward to Kuni, Lars, the Ogres, Kazuya, and Alisa.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Reports from people who have been playing online taht are on my friends list. (Kane aka emily_rocherfort and Kev!n aka ThatsHot)

-Online is phenomenal
-4 bars near flawless play between east coast and Europe
-4 bars with players in south africa
-ThatsHot(east coast) has played FilthyRich(Cali) with 4-5 bar connections and throws were being broken left and right.

This all sounds way too good to be true. I hope the online doesn't start lagging permanently when the servers get stressed.
This could be the greatest 3d competitive fighter ever. Imagine the numbers that EVO will pull now that there is an in depth training mode and an online mode where throw breaking is possible. Jesus.....

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
I'm relieved NAMCO's giving Kunimitsu a very quick F, F+4 like they did with Yoshi back in T5DR. I was worried Kuni wouldn't an unblockable she can juggle off of like Yoshi's sword sweep, but she has one so I'm content now.

Anna/Dragunov/Zafina/Ancient Ogre/Ogre

I really like the changes they made to Anna and Dragunov. Just started learning Zafina about a week ago. Pretty fun character. I wanna learn Ogre cause he's metal and A. Ogre cause he looks hella good lol.

dr. b might be in this game actually
I wouldn't count on it.

TarkatanDentist
Slight errors with your theory:
- Jun was pushing 40 when Ogre came around
- Julia's Tekken 3 ending
- They milked the whole "new incarnation of a character taking revenge for the original" thing dry, let's not start that shit with Kunimitsu :)
* Ogre's blood de-aged her like it did Heihachi.
* Who said that Julia's ending was canon?
* I agree - this was in case they needed an excuse for Kunimitsu to be in her 20s or something stupid. :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reports from people who have been playing online taht are on my friends list. (Kane aka emily_rocherfort and Kev!n aka ThatsHot)

-Online is phenomenal
-4 bars near flawless play between east coast and Europe
-4 bars with players in south africa
-ThatsHot(east coast) has played FilthyRich(Cali) with 4-5 bar connections and throws were being broken left and right.

This all sounds way too good to be true. I hope the online doesn't start lagging permanently when the servers get stressed.
This could be the greatest 3d competitive fighter ever. Imagine the numbers that EVO will pull now that there is an in depth training mode and an online mode where throw breaking is possible. Jesus.....
Are you kidding me? 4 bars to South Africa?

Now I'm considering just dumping away my Wii for this game. That sounds WAY too fucking glorious. Only other fighting game I've played that's not GGPO/rollback based that has that solid of a netcode is DBZ Raging Blast, also produced by Namdai. These guys have SERIOUSLY upped the ball on netcode. NRS needs some of their devs. Hot damn.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Dr. B, Miharu, Violet, Unkown, Lili's butler and Slim Bob were pulled off the code from the disc.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
so whoever is on psn, add slimjimppj if ya wanna get massacred

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Those pictures look like customizations to me.

- Skinny Bob is a palette swap of fat Bob.
- The Butler's stance looks just like Lili's. Most likely a palette swap.
- The girl in the bikini is Ling's friend. Most likely a palette swap.
- Unknown is a palette swap of Jun.
- Violet is palette swap of Lee.

I would assume Dr. B would be a palette swap of Alisa, but the stances do not match.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Those pictures look like customizations to me.

- Skinny Bob is a palette swap of fat Bob.
- The Butler's stance looks just like Lili's. Most likely a palette swap.
- The girl in the bikini is Asuka's friend. Most likely a palette swap.
- Unknown is a palette swap of Jun.
- Violet is palette swap of Lee.

I would assume Dr. B would be a palette swap of Alisa, but the stances do not match.
True, but Forest, Tiger, Michelle, PJack and Alex are all essentially palette swaps as well but are there own characters. It wouldn't be too hard for each of these characters to have about 5 different moves and their own slot.

Could go either way.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
True, but Forest, Tiger, Michelle, PJack and Alex are all essentially palette swaps as well but are there own characters. It wouldn't be too hard for each of these characters to have about 5 different moves and their own slot.

Could go either way.
These still look like customizations to me that you can buy in the shop. I could be very wrong, though.

There have also been some rumors about Azazel and Nancy being playable.