What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The team synergy thing is the only thing I don't like so far. What if your two favourite characters happen to have bad synergy?
Then your team has bad synergy.

Fortunately, there is the option to avoid teams altogether with Solo mode.

Also, TTT2's training mode tells you when you punish something. So godlike.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Cannot wait to give Ling/Ogre a try.

I kind of hope they have a decent story mode, or at least one where you actually get to fight and not play a beat em up style mode.

Also TarkatanDentist any game is pretty much more balanced than MK, lbsh

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
most of the character endings are comical, which is alright but I'd prefer if they were more serious even though the game' s story is probably non-canon

most of the character endings are comical, which is alright but I'd prefer if they were more serious even though the game' s story is probably non-canon
It's non-canon, IIRC, but theoretically there's nothing to stop it being canon if they want to declare it as such later. Something like this:

* Heihachi managed to reverse in age due to a special elixir involving the Devil Gene. Maybe he sold his soul to the devil just like Kazuya did.
* Jun hasn't aged due to the contact with Ogre, which forced her to turn into Unknown against her will.
* Michelle likewise hasn't aged due to her special pendant (was a big part of her story in Tekken 2)
* Alex could be a clone of the old Alex that's been kept in stasis for 22 years.
* Angel doesn't need an explanation - angels are supposed to be ageless!
* Kunimitsu can be either: a) the original Kunimitsu, who has been honing her skills in the shadows OR b) a replacement vowing revenge for the original Kunimitsu's death.
* P. Jack was lying around in Boskonovitch's lab for ages, and after a bit of TLC was able to fight again.
* Jinpachi overcomes the spirit that was possessing him, but retains his abilities.
* Forest recovered from his motorcycle accident.

Now all that has to be done is for Namco to hire me on their team, and TTT2 can become canon! :p

Cannot wait to give Ling/Ogre a try.

I kind of hope they have a decent story mode, or at least one where you actually get to fight and not play a beat em up style mode.

Also TarkatanDentist any game is pretty much more balanced than MK, lbsh
OK... I assumed that the 'lbh' part means 'let's be honest'... but what does the 's' stand for?

And MK9's balance isn't horribad.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I like how I clicked the 3rd vid, and 20 seconds in, I'm seeing double uplaser combos. :confused:

And Tarkatan, MK9 is probably among the worse balanced games currently played in terms of overall.
Lol...yea that was too sick.

Just some random info about the vids
In terms of ranks....the Highest rank is True Tekken God. Then as follows...

Purple Rank:
Tekken God
Tekken Emperor
Tekken Lord
Emperor

Blue Rank:
Toshin
Majin
Yaksa
Raijin
Fujin

Then lower tier blue rank, red rank, orange, etc.
Highest ranking player in the world is Knee and his Bruce is Tekken God rank. His Devil Jin is Tekken Emperor and his Bryan is Tekken Lord. Hao, Saint, Qudans, Jiemoon Ace, Only Practice, and LowHigh all have feng/Ganryu/DJ/Nina/Lars/Bryan/Law emperor and above ranks.

As of right now, Korea is ahead of Japan as well seeing as how JDCR 10-8 Nobi and 10-3 Yuu from japan...who are two of their best and currently JDCR is among about 20 people at his skill level.

It'll take about 2 years min for America to catch up to their skill level and only a few will obtain it....like Anakin sweeping Knee,Nin and Holeman with Jack-6 as if they never even knew the character existed.

And if Koreans do come to Evo 2013, they are sweeping the top 8. I mean they have over a year headstart. Thats like the top 8 of MK at this evo 2012 going back in time to play the top 8 at evo MK 2011. It would be a massacre.

THTB

I hope this is canon. Cuz tbph, Namco has done such a fantastic job with the cast overall. Such a large cast filled with clones, but you have to play each clone so differently just due to minor differences. Sure, there's things that will apply universally to them, but each character fills certain roles better. Like from what I hear, Angel may be a Mishima, but players have been saying she feels so unlike the other Mishimas at the same time.

Kizzle, very true. These guys are so far ahead of everyone, it's unreal.

Speaking of Korea, I want to see Jang Iksu come back. That man was a fucking god at TTT1.

Kzaoo

Noob
I'm happy about Tekken tunes, that dubstep stage music is horrible so i'm glad I can change it without changing all or the game's music.

World Tekken Federation looks cool, but pointless.

THTB

Bountiful Sea and Dusk After The Rain's themes are godlike. <3

THTB

If I do get the game and I can play it online reliably, I'll be using a Jin/Pachi team, maybe with Angel mixed in somewhere if I like her enough.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I like how I clicked the 3rd vid, and 20 seconds in, I'm seeing double uplaser combos. :confused:

And Tarkatan, MK9 is probably among the worse balanced games currently played in terms of overall.
This. I love it but the balance is terrible unless you play a top 5, 10 character.

Even if this game's low tier sucks you still have 50 other characters to choose from, but from what I have heard it is not nearly that bad.

who is everyone maining in the game and who is gonna make or join a clan in the world tekken federation
One of these most likely:

Ling/Panda
Ling/Ogre
Ling/Yoshi
Ling/Kuni
Ling/Zafina
Ling/Jaycee

All I know for certain is Ling.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well, I see that the damage output among some characters is still as ridiculous as ever.

I am picking up my copy on Tuesday. I hope the game has some annoying and cheap turtling characters.

THTB

This. I love it but the balance is terrible unless you play a top 5, 10 character.

Even if this game's low tier sucks you still have 50 other characters to choose from, but from what I have heard it is not nearly that bad.
Good lord no...the game standalone is pretty balanced as it is, but the tag element also helps. Each character fulfills different roles better than others, like the Mishimas have excellent launching and poking so they're generally stronger on point for example, so it's not entirely "pick a top tier".

Dave, you might like Kunimitsu. Her pokes have some sick range, and she even has a stance sorta like NMS. And her charge is retarded...spins her away lmfao.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave, you might like Kunimitsu. Her pokes have some sick range, and she even has a stance sorta like NMS.
I completely forgot about Kunimitsu because she was very bad in the first TTT.

I am looking forward to Ancient Ogre, but my expectations are very low. Namco is arguably the worst offender as far as toning down characters from one game to another, and Ogre was very good in the first TTT.

THTB

I completely forgot about Kunimitsu because she was very bad in the first TTT.

I am looking forward to Ancient Ogre, but my expectations are very low. Namco is arguably the worst offender as far as toning down characters from one game to another, and Ogre was very good in the first TTT.
I haven't looked into A.Ogre much. But I also forgot, Kuni has Yoshi's old knee move. Shit is FAST.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
kuni is sick i played her at mlg, she is def gonna be one of my alts and heres the stream tht happened on the 4th with the closest build to the retail for those who missed it.