What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Some characters are absolutely devastating when they have rage. One bad read from you and a well timed one-hit "UHSSS!!" from your opponent as Paul Phoenix in rage could mean losing nearly half your life :D

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
LOL
Paul Phoenix is my 2nd favorite character. That dude is like a walking troll.
I like fighting against him because he doesn't have the stance- and crush move bullshit of the animal or Capoeira characters in the game. I always laugh whether I win or lose a round due to some launcher or a heavy mid that sends the hit-receiver into orbit with a face that looks like when you are taking a massive dump. "K.O!" and the slow motion recap is so cool. I am always happy to see some un-manly character like Leo get shot against the wall.

Flagg

Noob
Certain partners need the TA to get the big chunks of damage.
I know using AK and King I don't break very high combo damage. They have a ton of Oki options though.... that other charcaters don't posses (Ground throws and roll traps that are 50/50's).

Where as someone like all the mishimas and Jun and Asuka have the vitality option OR huge fucking chunks of TA damage.

I typically try to not TA on the first combo. I'll go for an Oki option to see if I can't squeeze out more damage.

Like I said... i've seen some pairs not even care... because they get so much damage and wall carry off the TA. Lars and his partner are going to TA... so he can get his wall game on. Lars and Heihachi would be deadly. The old man has a sick wall game.
I love King in this game. He has combos that look like they finish, but you can dash in and pick them up d1+3, for example.

Flagg

Noob
I'm betting people looked at tier lists and discarded her.
Yeah I figured that as well. Bruce was the first main I picked up, mostly cause he was my main in Tekken 2 and now apparantly he is near top tier? I also use Nina and King who I also enjoy, and one is supposed to be really good and KING is supposedly bottom tier? I think I saw that here, that list, but im not sure where the source for it is from.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah I figured that as well. Bruce was the first main I picked up, mostly cause he was my main in Tekken 2 and now apparantly he is near top tier? I also use Nina and King who I also enjoy, and one is supposed to be really good and KING is supposedly bottom tier? I think I saw that here, that list, but im not sure where the source for it is from.
he is.... because of how the game works in tag. He doesn't have good vitality drain... and his combo damage is pretty lame compared to the rest of the group.
He is kind of gimmicky... but thats ok. You only need one gimmick to work and you're golden.

Flagg

Noob
he is.... because of how the game works in tag. He doesn't have good vitality drain... and his combo damage is pretty lame compared to the rest of the group.
He is kind of gimmicky... but thats ok. You only need one gimmick to work and you're golden.
I think to get the most out of KING is you have to end his combos in grabs that are combo grabs in their own right. He has a lot of moves, like the most in the game and you probably need to know a LOT of them to get the most out of him. He's probably more suited to single player, however I just love his move set. I just wish he had AK's Jackhammer grab.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I am kinda thinking about dropping Jinpachi for Heihachi. Jinpachis pokes are horrible in comparison with Bruce, good players will not be running into wind god fists or getting killed in his oki. Not having a wavedash (Jinpachi) is huge in this game and I need to find a way to use his Nyoishu and astral projection mixups or die trying. Heihachi has some wicked tools, it's gonna take some time to learn to use all his tools but I am all for it.
Jinpachi is basically all punishment and basic poking until you put yourself -10 or more. He knocks down as early as jab punishment, and launches at 14f for both standing and from crouch.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Jinpachi is basically all punishment and basic poking until you put yourself -10 or more. He knocks down as early as jab punishment, and launches at 14f for both standing and from crouch.
Poking for 95 damage is quite nice, lol.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
A.Ogre is creepy ... he just stares you down till you die.
Tha God of Fighting don't give no fucks 'bout your rage son! You see ma shiiieel? Inconsistent infinity kicks, yeeeaaaaaahhhhs! WR+3,3,D/F,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3... wallstun, tha smart stuff!

I think to get the most out of KING is you have to end his combos in grabs that are combo grabs in their own right. He has a lot of moves, like the most in the game and you probably need to know a LOT of them to get the most out of him. He's probably more suited to single player, however I just love his move set. I just wish he had AK's Jackhammer grab.
I wouldn't look too deeply into it, it's probably the intricacies of the tag system that hinder him more than his own tools. Sure you need to take risks and gimmicks to be efficient with King, but it's nothing we weren't fishing for in T6 or even DR. Granted, I don't know what the consensus was for him in Tekken Tag 1, I started playing him around vanilla T5.

Just let it all flesh out a bit, we all know what happened the last time a community tried to draw conclusions on a tier list a few weeks in..

YoungTrunks

There's a storm coming
Ok so I am actually starting to understand this game! But I have noticed that a lot of people in the Tekken community seem to HATE Lars. Not in a "salty cus I just lost" kind of way. I got a message from a dude who said "Lars is gay and it is people like you who ruin the game by using him, he ruined Tekken 6." I never played T6 but I have gotten a few messages like this and I see a lot of Lars hate on other forums. Why is this? Are these people just extra salty or did Lars really "ruin" T6 and the series?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ok so I am actually starting to understand this game! But I have noticed that a lot of people in the Tekken community seem to HATE Lars. Not in a "salty cus I just lost" kind of way. I got a message from a dude who said "Lars is gay and it is people like you who ruin the game by using him, he ruined Tekken 6." I never played T6 but I have gotten a few messages like this and I see a lot of Lars hate on other forums. Why is this? Are these people just extra salty or did Lars really "ruin" T6 and the series?
Lars to Tekken is pretty much what Kenshi is to MK9. U/F+3 had hella range, could lead to insane damage in the corner and was deceivingly safe. (not sure if any properties were changed in TTT2, I'll have to grind him later) People actually tier him based on how "easy" he is to use efficiently, which is my main issue with the Tekken community, they're sound as a pound, but let themselves get wound up by the pettiest shit lol.

Same could be said about Bob but then Namdai wasn't exactly pushing him as some new Godsend poster boy and encouraging everyone to use him I guess.

But if you like using Lars, then don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Heihachi has similar tools to Jinpachi, except he is safer, better close range mix-ups, but less range. I am going to be using both of them alternatively with Bruce starting as my 1st. I definitely see more potential in Heihachi than Jinpachi. If I can one day play a true Mishima character with a wavedash effectively, then execution of any character should not be a problem for me in this game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Don't worry about the hate mail

LIke... half the players you're facing don't understand sidestepping and setups. They just understand the 2D aspect of block and whiff punishing.
Thats why you'll lose to mashers unless you play the one way that works against them....

Bruce laughs at people who think they can parry him. Like that character throws out the fewest real punches and kicks in the game.
Suck on bows and knees.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Don't worry about the hate mail

LIke... half the players you're facing don't understand sidestepping and setups. They just understand the 2D aspect of block and whiff punishing.
Thats why you'll lose to mashers unless you play the one way that works against them....

Bruce laughs at people who think they can parry him. Like that character throws out the fewest real punches and kicks in the game.
Suck on bows and knees.
Yeah, Bruce is basically immune to reversals.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'm planning on buying this game soon, I wanna main Marduk and Beak.... Are those decent choices? lol
Idk how good their tier is but they have always been some of my favorites

Spletty

Grandmaster
I'm planning on buying this game soon, I wanna main Marduk and Beak.... Are those decent choices? lol
Idk how good their tier is but they have always been some of my favorites
I main baek and I like him a lot. Apparently he's worse than t6, but seems solid to me.