What's new

Tekken 8 Post-Release Discussion Thread

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
So today black random dots were appearing on the screen while I was either in training mode or online and then my game froze for like 3 minutes, couldnt press any buttons to go back to PS5 home screen.

After that 3 mins the game closed itself, I dont think my PS5 was overheating, my PS5 is just 6 months old. So its a Tekken 8's issue right?
Is this freeze glitch happening to others?
It’s only happened to me 2 or 3 times since I got the game. Happened last week.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The one crossover I never thought we'd get, that would be too epic. Inb4 he's talking about "Get over here. Let me talk to you real close" Anna season 2 DLC lol.

The dream. He also reposted some MK style custom skins a while back. They would make him so dope

But who would MK get? Heihachi or Kazuya obvious choices. I'd love to see King and Yoshi's moves in a 2D game though
Feel like Kazuya would be the most obvious for sure, if not him maybe Yoshimitsu. Probably the two easiest to transition into the verse.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The top 6 is tomorrow at 7PM EST (4PM PST, 1AM in Europe).

Winners bracket
ZETA|Keisuke (Kazuya) vs. Falcons|Atif (Dragunov)
TM|Arslan Ash (Nina) vs. Dragons|Raef (Jin)

Losers bracket
Yamasa|Nobi (Dragunov)
KDF|Ulsan (Dragunov)

Other than the abundance of Dragunov, the game looked great.

All eyes on Keisuke, whose Kazuya is a treat to watch. I predict either Atif or Arslan Ash will win, though.

There will most likely be a character reveal before the top 8. Probably Fahkumram or Marduk.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I gave lidia a fair shake last night & I must say I am pleasantly suprised. She is way more fun than I expected her to be and much more fun than T7. She also doesn't feel oppressive or drastically overtuned.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I already loved T8's sound design, but Lidia's attacks sound especially powerful. I think she'll be my new main off the back of that alone.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's a little lame to have DLC that was just DLC at the end of the last game but she's a pretty cool. Not a lot of gimmicks besides the politician backstory, just badass martial arts lady with a cool scar. Feels like a classic Tekken character to me

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
It's a little lame to have DLC that was just DLC at the end of the last game but she's a pretty cool. Not a lot of gimmicks besides the politician backstory, just badass martial arts lady with a cool scar. Feels like a classic Tekken character to me
It's alotta lame. However I think she was well made and an improvement from her previous counter part so I won't complain.... too much.
It's funny though, my only issue with Lidia is the same issue I have with Ferrah. That being both characters have recycled voice clips and they both lost my favorite for each :(

FoughtDragon01

So, something strange I noticed while watching back some of my Lidia replays. After using HRS 2 either as a Heat Engager or when I'm already in heat mode, the transition into H&E will sometimes not cost any heat gauge instead of taking a chunk like it's normally supposed to. It seems to happen most often when I'm mashing out an H&E follow-up like the mid or unblockable, but it doesn't seem consistent at all in practice. Is this likely a bug or is there some hidden just frame input that I don't know about?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So, something strange I noticed while watching back some of my Lidia replays. After using HRS 2 either as a Heat Engager or when I'm already in heat mode, the transition into H&E will sometimes not cost any heat gauge instead of taking a chunk like it's normally supposed to. It seems to happen most often when I'm mashing out an H&E follow-up like the mid or unblockable, but it doesn't seem consistent at all in practice. Is this likely a bug or is there some hidden just frame input that I don't know about?
From my limited testing...
  • After HRS 2, the transition to Heaven and Earth can be canceled by holding back, which wastes no heat gauge.
  • The more levels you have the less heat gauge the Heaven and Earth transition takes.

FoughtDragon01

From my limited testing...
  • After HRS 2, the transition to Heaven and Earth can be canceled by holding back, which wastes no heat gauge.
  • The more levels you have the less heat gauge the Heaven and Earth transition takes.
Oh, no, I mean I'm able to transition into H&E after HRS 2 and use one of its follow-ups without using up any heat gauge, even when I have zero stocks. After some labbing, I've found that the most consistent timing is mashing out one of H&E's follow-up attacks during the last punch of HRS 2. If it's performed correctly, you transition into H&E without expending any heat gauge, and the follow-up attack comes out automatically, sort of like the input got buffered during HRS 2. But like I said, it feels very inconsistent, which leads me to believe it's a bug, but it's a really strong one if that's the case.

Here's a recording I made to show what I'm talking about:

And here's an example of it in a real match. It happens in the first round of the first match:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh, no, I mean I'm able to transition into H&E after HRS 2 and use one of its follow-ups without using up any heat gauge, even when I have zero stocks. After some labbing, I've found that the most consistent timing is mashing out one of H&E's follow-up attacks during the last punch of HRS 2. If it's performed correctly, you transition into H&E without expending any heat gauge, and the follow-up attack comes out automatically, sort of like the input got buffered during HRS 2. But like I said, it feels very inconsistent, which leads me to believe it's a bug, but it's a really strong one if that's the case.

Here's a recording I made to show what I'm talking about:

And here's an example of it in a real match. It happens in the first round of the first match:

This almost has to be a bug right? If she was able to do this consistently with all the options that alone would make her the strongest heat character in the game and stronger overall. Here's to hoping they "fix" it by allowing the no-heat option for all follow ups so I can be a Lidia main lol.

FoughtDragon01

This almost has to be a bug right? If she was able to do this consistently with all the options that alone would make her the strongest heat character in the game and stronger overall. Here's to hoping they "fix" it by allowing the no-heat option for all follow ups so I can be a Lidia main lol.
100% a bug, but it's crazy just how good it is. I've gotten it a bit more consistent, but still not completely reliable, and when it works, holy crap, you can tell. Getting all 3 stocks in the first round of a match is insanely powerful, and having the bug trigger after having all 3 stocks basically makes her heat last damn near the whole round sometimes lol. It would be cool if they introduced a just-frame input that reduced the heat cost of her H&E transition, but this is 100% getting patched out sooner or later. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess lol.