What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

DeftMonk

Noob
Yeah I'm sure that I was doing that but I must have been doing something else. My main is Paul, I used to use Lei in TTT2 but I dont know anything with him anymore.
Ya u just hold down but I only really do it on lei (same for the nose bleed moves I just let him fall to the ground lot of the time) cuz lei likes the floor lol.

Yeah I was getting worked by this poop when I was not able to break the throw and I was doing the right input as it seems. I really dont like being back turned against Xiaoyu.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yeah I was getting worked by this poop when I was not able to break the throw and I was doing the right input as it seems. I really dont like being back turned against Xiaoyu.
Yeah man you don't want your back to her and you don't want her back to you

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Anyone still enjoying the game? I didn't play a single player match in 2020. My long time sparring buddy since late 2012 until late 2019 told me he wasn't enjoying the game any more so he dropped the game indefinitely. Then we had the Leroy EVO Japan debacle and my interest in the game tanked.

The game is slowly becoming "unga bunga me oppress, me mix up, always my turn, me carry wall-to-wall, me unga" 3D MK game. It feels like Bamco is just experimenting with things at this point (Leroy parry, Fahkumram guard break). Competitive balance isn't a concern due to Covid so they might as well just make the game a shitshow for online players to enjoy as witnessed by actually seriously buffing Devil Jin and Bob among others. You are getting hit with BS online anyway so might as well make everyone BS to level the playing field, right?

I seriously hope this is just a phase that will not last more than 2 years or however long until the next Tekken game hits the Asian arcades and we can hit the reset button and go back to season 2 power levels. Remove 2D and quest characters, remove, re-design or further nerf Leroy and Fahkumram, nerf wall carry etc.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Anyone still enjoying the game? I didn't play a single player match in 2020. My long time sparring buddy since late 2012 until late 2019 told me he wasn't enjoying the game any more so he dropped the game indefinitely.
Not especially, but I still play it because it’s the only 3d fighting game that is relevant. Movement was nerfed way too much and Season 3 did considerable damage to the game. Damage and wall carry became over the top, not to mention how Leroy and Fahkumram were so strong they broke the game. I didn’t play the game after EVO Japan 2020, a.k.a. Leroy Bowl. I just started playing again and had to start learning new characters to drum up interest.

The game is slowly becoming "unga bunga me oppress, me mix up, always my turn, me carry wall-to-wall, me unga" 3D MK game.
Competitive balance isn't a concern due to Covid so they might as well just make the game a shitshow for online players to enjoy as witnessed by actually seriously buffing Devil Jin and Bob among others.
Due to the nerfed movement, the game heavily rewards launcher spam and YOLO. The measly 5 extra HP doesn’t do much to make the game more about neutral and poking.

As far as balancing, you’re correct. Some characters that need tweaking get left relatively unscathed (e.g. Law). Others have been nerfed to the point of being unplayable garbage (e.g. Katarina). I still don’t know why Shaheen was nerfed so much in S4, when he was merely mid-tier in S3.

I seriously hope this is just a phase that will not last more than 2 years or however long until the next Tekken game hits the Asian arcades and we can hit the reset button and go back to season 2 power levels. Remove 2D and quest characters, remove, re-design or further nerf Leroy and Fahkumram, nerf wall carry etc.
Tekken 7 ran its course. I hope they announce Tekken 8 early next year and release it on consoles. Tekken 7 was already old when it finally launched on consoles, due to it being in arcades for two years beforehand.

Restore movement, nerf damage and wall carry, and please remove Power Crush and both Rage Art and Rage Drive. The new mechanics introduced in T7 are scrub enablers. Also, remove that dumb slow-mo effect, that shit caused me to lose plenty of rounds.

The hybrids have to go, they change the rules of Tekken. They were there just to beta test TxSF, which no one cares about any longer. They should’ve just refined Eliza’s kit from TRev. Fahkumram needs his hit and hurtboxes adjusted, nerfing his SS was a lazy band-aid solution. Leroy just needs a complete overhaul, he has every tool except for D. Jin style projectiles.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Jesus, I remember the days, when I played Tekken 4 on Arcades - back then, the animations were stunning. I look at the game now, and I am glad I dropped it years ago...

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Anyone still enjoying the game? I didn't play a single player match in 2020. My long time sparring buddy since late 2012 until late 2019 told me he wasn't enjoying the game any more so he dropped the game indefinitely. Then we had the Leroy EVO Japan debacle and my interest in the game tanked.

The game is slowly becoming "unga bunga me oppress, me mix up, always my turn, me carry wall-to-wall, me unga" 3D MK game. It feels like Bamco is just experimenting with things at this point (Leroy parry, Fahkumram guard break). Competitive balance isn't a concern due to Covid so they might as well just make the game a shitshow for online players to enjoy as witnessed by actually seriously buffing Devil Jin and Bob among others. You are getting hit with BS online anyway so might as well make everyone BS to level the playing field, right?

I'm still playing but not as much. Not a fan of the last 2 seasons to be honest. The wall used to be earned now for a good chunk of the cast its just part of their b&b which is dumb. I'll keep playing so my kaz stays sharp but hoping the next game is toned down and not so bloted.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
@NaCl man or any one else

hey do you know why Nina's B1 was changed?? i haven't played since MK11 release, but i tried playing yesterday and found out Nina B1 was removed and replaced?? any idea why they did this??

DeftMonk

Noob
.... i tried getting into tekken, but id have to lab for 1 whole year to even be decent
IMO just straight playing the game helps way more than labbing in Tekken at the beginning. Learning how to use the basic tools like df1/side step df2/dick jab/yaddq yadda. Eventually this way ull also learn lots of tech by having it done to u. Just play a bunch and practice Korean back dash during the wait for ur next match is what I did for a long ass time lol

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
.... i tried getting into tekken, but id have to lab for 1 whole year to even be decent
Just get in there and get amongst it man. It takes quite a bit of time to get the hang of but its a game where there is always an answer. There is alot of tutorials around to help and if you have any questions along the way there are a few guys on this site that can help you out.
Who were you playing?

Just get in there and get amongst it man. It takes quite a bit of time to get the hang of but its a game where there is always an answer. There is alot of tutorials around to help and if you have any questions along the way there are a few guys on this site that can help you out.
Who were you playing?
no I know how to play it (boomerang was the main), but since I don't know 99% of the matchups... or characters, I cant play at the level I want to play at. so I'm just gonna patiently wait for tekken 8

DeftMonk

Noob
no I know how to play it (boomerang was the main), but since I don't know 99% of the matchups... or characters, I cant play at the level I want to play at. so I'm just gonna patiently wait for tekken 8
Tekken typically just adds moves with every iteration so waiting for the next one to learn how to play probably isn’t gonna do much. Also I have no idea who boomerang is. Although I do hope Tekken 8 does some downsizing/overhaul to the movelists. Tekken is by far the most bloated fighting game and it makes my friends not want to play it.

Tekken typically just adds moves with every iteration so waiting for the next one to learn how to play probably isn’t gonna do much. Also I have no idea who boomerang is. Although I do hope Tekken 8 does some downsizing/overhaul to the movelists. Tekken is by far the most bloated fighting game and it makes my friends not want to play it.
what I mean by the "patiently wait for tekken 8" is that I'm waiting for a smaller cast size.

i didn't mind the 100+ moves for each character and I was learning like 1 or 2 characters a day, but then I realized that there are like 50 characters, and 50 x 100 = too much time.

so what I'm gonna do is just wait for the cast size to get smaller so I can actually take time to learn each character and not make it feel like a job.

my main hwoarang (I hope he comes back in T8. he is probably one of the best rush down characters I've ever played.)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I mean pewgf aren't a easy task to pull off on their own lol
Yes they aren't, which i don't think it's fair
Bryan, Kunimitsu, Xiaoyu and Law have bufferables 14f launchers and Bryan's its actually safe, i just which they could give mishimas an artificil mechanic to buffer a 14f electric as well. It would draw out their true potencial which is only described in paper.