What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

DeftMonk

Noob
Pls tell me fakumram isn’t hella busted. I’m on a business trip won’t be able to play until tomorrow.
Season 3 has been the worst season of this patch, getting worse with every balance
I just read through the patch notes... seems ok to me? Chars I play got some quality of life changes. That asuka parry change tho gonna make some abnoxiously easy frame traps possible I’m sure...better remember to buffer chicken inputs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pls tell me fakumram isn’t hella busted. I’m on a business trip won’t be able to play until tomorrow.

I just read through the patch notes... seems ok to me? Chars I play got some quality of life changes. That asuka parry change tho gonna make some abnoxiously easy frame traps possible I’m sure...better remember to buffer chicken inputs.
Now mishimas are forcing you into a 2D game and are pretty much potato, no longer requires thinking as they can just ewgf spam and call it skill.

Season 2 goat.

DeftMonk

Noob
Now mishimas are forcing you into a 2D game and are pretty much potato, no longer requires thinking as they can just ewgf spam and call it skill.

Season 2 goat.
Actually right before I saw ur response I noticed “changes to tracking” for Mishima hell sweeps. Not really sure wtf that entails but if it means you can’t ssl kazuya hell sweeps anymore then well...that is obviously not ideal. Also a really weird design choice.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Season 2 goat.
Not a fan if these changes. The fun for me playing Kaz is knowing he has legit weaknesses and playing around them. These changes are not necessary.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I'll be interested to see what the ws 1 and 2 changes to dvj mean.

He now has an un seeable tracking low launcher. Wow.

Why would they change the wiff recovery on ewgf?
It didn't need to be touched

DeftMonk

Noob
Db4 hits grounded now.
Ya bro a good kazuya made you pay for mistakes hard previously. But you couldn’t just play willy nilly. If I was kaz main I wouldn’t like this either. Also I just saw on utube what Michael Murray was saying “just block it” about new hell sweeps

DeftMonk

Noob
Just got and tried out fakumram. I kinda dig his design but some of his shit is gonna be hella annoying. I'm tempted to fuck with Devil Jin... haven't played him since 6 and with this hell sweep change..,

Season 3 sucks, I used to think you better hope your characters dont get wrecked like Paul did but I was not expecting the odd buffs and changes that came.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ok so I've played this version for a bit now and honestly the ewgf and hellsweep buffs for Kaz don't seem to be as game breaking as I thought. But the db4 buff is is dumb. It is the most brain Dead oki in the game. I would be happy if they removed it all to be honest

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Another balance patch came out earlier today.

The tracking on the hellsweeps has been reverted to version 3.21. LOL.

At this point, Namco seems to have no confidence in their balance team. They are reverting changes every month. Are they or the content creators balancing the game? I would really like to know.

DeftMonk

Noob
Another balance patch came out earlier today.

The tracking on the hellsweeps has been reverted to version 3.21. LOL.

At this point, Namco seems to have no confidence in their balance team. They are reverting changes every month. Are they or the content creators balancing the game? I would really like to know.
I just read through the patch notes. The gigas changes seem pretty good. lol @ hell sweep revert... wtf was that? Leroy nerfs seem a bit much imo. Probably won't ever use df14 ever again now. Punishable on block and on hit leaves you in hermit and just +3.

MuMuGuy

Noob
I just read through the patch notes. The gigas changes seem pretty good. lol @ hell sweep revert... wtf was that? Leroy nerfs seem a bit much imo. Probably won't ever use df14 ever again now. Punishable on block and on hit leaves you in hermit and just +3.
Gigas is still ass cheese in the tier list. It’s good that he received some buffs, but the only buff that will have a noticeable impact is ws 2,3 being possible to hit confirm. GS 2 being neutral is minor, but GS is still nothing but a gimmick.

Gigas still has awful lows, terrible movement, no options to deal with pressure, poor non-jab punishment, etc. Lars is now the worst character in the game, Gigas players being happy for the buffs is mere placebo effect from getting a patch that didn’t also include a disguised nerf.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Shows they listen.
They are not listening. They are doing damage control because of the excessive negative feedback. If they had been listening, they would have buffed characters like Gigas and Lars, who have been low tier since Tekken 7's release, ten patches ago.

Who would have ever thought that NRS would patch more appropriately than either Capcom or Namco? Mortal Kombat 11's initial top tier characters such as Cetrion, Geras, Jacqui, Liu Kang, and Sonya are still very strong while initial low tier characters such as D'Vorah, Frost, Kano, Kitana, and Kotal Kahn have ascended the tier list.

Namco ought to be embarrassed considering the state in which they released Leroy and the monthly patching that contradicts their vision of the game. Should hellsweeps track to both sides? Probably not, but allow tournament results to speak for themselves. Everybody knows that Mishimas are difficult to use and win with in tournaments.

And as far as I know, Kazuya's d/b+4 is the same.

DeftMonk

Noob
They are not listening. They are doing damage control because of the excessive negative feedback. If they had been listening, they would have buffed characters like Gigas and Lars, who have been low tier since Tekken 7's release, ten patches ago.

Who would have ever thought that NRS would patch more appropriately than either Capcom or Namco? Mortal Kombat 11's initial top tier characters such as Cetrion, Geras, Jacqui, Liu Kang, and Sonya are still very strong while initial low tier characters such as D'Vorah, Frost, Kano, Kitana, and Kotal Kahn have ascended the tier list.

Namco ought to be embarrassed considering the state in which they released Leroy and the monthly patching that contradicts their vision of the game. Should hellsweeps track to both sides? Probably not, but allow tournament results to speak for themselves. Everybody knows that Mishimas are difficult to use and win with in tournaments.

someone should send this post to harada because it is kid of pitiful really. About the gigas buffs, They should have just given him a wall splat off the b2(? I think this is the input) on block like fahkumram. The ws2 hitconfirm is good but if its highly delayable that could also be of use as well. 12 and a launcher will only get u so far lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Db4 got buffed in the last patch and is still the same. Since the last patch it hits grounded where it used to wiff. Would only catch if you rolled.
This makes it easier to condition your opponent to wake up block low and catch them with iws2.

Sorry it wasn't a question about db4 I should have used the:confused:

Last edited: