What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Immortal

Blind justice....
When in doubt armor it out :DOGE
Dragunov armored move has almost zero reach, so its not an option in neutral. I usually go for WR+2 after my oponent whiffs 2 hits of his string and.... get destroyed by delayed 3rd hit. Also Harada probably was high when he thought that Dragunov d+4 poke should be -9 ON HIT. I need to block after hitting my oponent... the fuck is this....

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Dragunov armored move has almost zero reach, so its not an option in neutral. I usually go for WR+2 after my oponent whiffs 2 hits of his string and.... get destroyed by delayed 3rd hit. Also Harada probably was high when he thought that Dragunov d+4 poke should be -9 ON HIT. I need to block after hitting my oponent... the fuck is this....
Don't feel bad Kaz armor move is pretty shit also no reach compared to others. I wish I could find a drag main to play I been searching on the TZ matchfinder all week. Everyone loves there Lili, asuka, chloe and elize.......

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Yesterday I decided to check some of my old TTT2 Okizeme scenarios and I've noticed that moves such as Kaz fF4/DVJ b4 and Bryan qcb4, when they hit the opponent on the ground, flip them over into face down, head towards position. I may have given some misinformation to some of ya'll. This type of ground hitting interaction wasn't present in TTT2. These ground hits that flip the opponent over on the ground don't actually terminate your pressure, because the opponent spends some time in the air instead of just being pushed back on the ground, they gain access to wake-up options significantly later.

Bryan for instance can force the opponent into blocking a running 3 after this sequence: qcb2,4 hits, he cashes out the guaranteed soccer kick follow-up afterwards, then just runs next to the opponent, presses 3 and regardless of the non-attacking wake up option they choose, (tech roll, quick stand, back roll) the running 3 will be a legit frame trap (also blows up get-up kicks). Obviously this can be whiff punished with a get up kick but if you stay on the ground and wait, you risk eating another soccer kick on the ground or a bB4 (bB4 into spring kick will be a thing lololol). You can take your chances attempting to wait and side roll the ground hitting mid and then get up as the move is whiffing, but I don't see this as being a good option. If you fuck up you just take extra damage for nothing and you are forced to deal with the same situation again.

What this all means is that If you have a reasonably fast low that knocks down and gives you legitimate oki pressure or maybe even guaranteed follow ups, a generic running 3 and a mid that hits on the ground and gives you the face down head towards flip, you have a character that can potentially steamroll and take a round without ever having to play defence. If you don't want to risk having a mid launcher blocked on the opponents wake up, you can just do the running 3 and the low will always knock down into the same BS situation again. You can half dash into a short block after the running 3 is blocked just in case they press buttons, then just run up and do the low or wr3 again if they don't throw out anything.

In TTT2 if you didn't want to guess a mix-up, you could just take a stomp or some other ground hitting move, tech roll and the game would be back to neutral and you would be able to thwart the all-in 50/50 playstyle. Now because of these moves that give the ground flip, you must get up and guess a mix-up. The new back roll animation also prevents you from creating any space after a sideroll which makes attempting to evade ground hits by siderolling even less useful.

If you are up against some tard Katarina who will sweep (not the slow launcher, the faster one that just knocks down) repeatedly and then hit you on the ground with the ub4 or whatever the notation was for that move (I am pretty sure that move flipped over on a grounded hit), they might start the round full-on tard mode. I'd recommend holding up+back to jump backwards at the start of the round every now and then if you don't want to guess whether they are going to hop kick or sidestep into hop kick or do the sweep or something else that they are looking to get out just to put you in the mix-up grinder right away and prevent any real neutral play or poking from taking place. Character specific options ought to give you enough space to not have to commit to anything too unsafe right away, such as Bob's b3+4 ukemi roll or Jin's ub3. Even sticking out a df1 can be potentially dangerous. These types of YOLO ranked monsters have garbage defence but they'll have a shit ton of experience doing this type of offence, so it is imperative that you don't get blown up right at the start of the round.

It's been such a long time since I've played ranked that I don't actually remember if a low sweep from the other player reaches when the other starts backdashing right at the start of the round lololol.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
But now? NOW??? You have to stop pushing buttons
Oh dear gawd, how will you survive without teh buttonzzz :O :D

You must resist the feminine full tard mode Julia player in you and embrace the masculine Bryan within. That way you can force them to block repeated b1's or running 3's and just neutral block in their face until they finally give in to the tard within and pull the trigger on that rage art :DOGE

The only thing that absolutely ANNOY me is fucking delayable hit/s in strings, usually the last one. It's so damn (soap bar in my mouth). It looks like he stopped you want to punish and you get hit by fucking 3rd hit which on top does of doing like 20-25% of dmg gonna be a counter hit which usually launch, ergo i lose 60% of HP or the round. It's so fucking (soap bar in my mouth). I dont mind gaps in strings but this is straight up bs.

/rant off

I need to level up.
Yo Dawg, I heard you like delayable strings, so we hooked up Bryan's "THOT!" with another "THOT! THOT! THOT!" so you can listen to "THOT! THOT! THOT! THOT!" while you get hit by all four of those into "SHOET!" :D

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Don't feel bad Kaz armor move is pretty shit also no reach compared to others.
f2 is pretty much worse now. I would have preferred if they kept it as a Sabaki so it would have still been possible to interrupt punch strings with it. Now it barely works like that and in case it does you still take damage. Could have just given him some shit armor move on like a b3+4 input that nobody would have used anyway.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lmao @Pterodactyl

Oh dear gawd, how will you survive without teh buttonzzz :O :D

You must resist the feminine full tard mode Julia player in you and embrace the masculine Bryan within.
This couldn't be any more true. Mashing away Julia pressure style when their low on health is almost always a certain way to get a Rage Art in the face in this game.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
f2 is pretty much worse now. I would have preferred if they kept it as a Sabaki so it would have still been possible to interrupt punch strings with it. Now it barely works like that and in case it does you still take damage. Could have just given him some shit armor move on like a b3+4 input that nobody would have used anyway.
I agree it was like one of the first things I tested when I got the game and I thought it was still in. I didn't even know the game had armor moves lol, I was sad when I found out.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Holy crap. I had this thread on my watchlist, but it's been so ridiculously active, my email simply quit notifying me when people post. It's a big change from when it felt like just me Wang and Smoke in here. Of course, the game finally coming out will do that (and certain other fighting games being whack also helps).

Anyway, what's up everybody?

I didn't get one Tekken match in over the weekend. Not one. It didn't help that I actually had to work Saturday, and I normally don't, but then I was watching E3, and doing real life chores and yadda yadda yadda.

I spent hours in the lab with Leo yesterday, just preparing. I wanted to know what to do after a CH and what to do after a low parry and what moves I wanted to poke with, which meant looking at frame data and trying the moves out and experimenting. Admittedly I also spent a chunk of time customizing costumes. I've got five for my character now (though one is just a palette swap) and that's proven to be really fun, and therefore really addicting.

Anyway, after I figured out a game plan and practiced a couple of combos, three friggin hours went by, and I decided to quit for the day. I probably won't jump back in until tomorrow or Wednesday, just to make sure the grown man sh#@ (like mowing the lawn) is all over and done with.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
There is now a frame data app for t7 called tekken chicken. Its on ios and android.
Many thanks. I'll download it as soon as I gat back to WiFi.

Rage arts are the scrubbiest POS ever introduced in Tekken hands down.
This is my opinion, largely from other games, but I don't think they're a big deal. You just have to look out for them. Supers are pretty standard nowadays, and Tekken combos do so much damage that some kind-of comeback mechanic is necessary, imo. If they weren't there, the round is gonna be decided by the first combo half the time. All they gotta do from that point forward, is maintain the lead by poking you to death.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, question..

Steve. I've been watching Steve footage from tournaments recently because . Well Steve is incredible. So..

I see high level players almost (literally?) Never using his R / L kick juke moves and some of his command movement stuff.. why is this? Is it a gimmick in high level play that can be blown up? Or..? Just confused on that because I guess in theory, it seems like that stuff would be extremely powerful. Just curious.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
SoulCal 5 was extremely underrated. Best SC since 2. And had the best online of all time (fighting game-wise) until KI came along. But I'm so starved for SC that I'll take any SC at this point.
People give V the treatment SF3 got. They don't have their fav characters so they cry about without any regards to the gameplay.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I still don't understand how I'm not getting any matches.

Truly I'm sick and tired to playing on xbox. It's just so dead in both injustice and Tekken. It took forever and a minute to find 5 matches. With no revenge matches.

How long does it take to get matches on ps4 & pc?

Planning the move to ps4 once my ufb comes in the mail.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Shout outs to Spooky, Arturo, Lee Chung, Yipes and the whole Team Spooky squad. They're a big reason why I love fighting games and why I'm FGC today.

NLBC is now running Tekken 7FR

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I still don't understand how I'm not getting any matches.

Truly I'm sick and tired to playing on xbox. It's just so dead in both injustice and Tekken. It took forever and a minute to find 5 matches. With no revenge matches.

How long does it take to get matches on ps4 & pc?

Planning the move to ps4 once my ufb comes in the mail.
Before you abandon Xbox try joining a Tekken clan. You might want to try and play on both platforms to see how it shakes out. If not, no problem.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Ever since the patch I have had no issues. About 20 seconds when going into ranked or quick match. Both run smoothly. I'm on PS4.
Also, the Xbox patch is due this week. Personally, as far as Injustice 2, I have never, ever experienced a problem getting matches. Ever. I can play online whenever I want.

But that's my experience. Yours may vary.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Also, the Xbox patch is due this week. Personally, as far as Injustice 2, I have never, ever experienced a problem getting matches. Ever. I can play online whenever I want.

But that's my experience. Yours may vary.
Xbox patch already been released on Saturday. No more patches for now.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Just played my first Kat, and got bopped I have not labbed her yet but she seems really solid lots of good mids and range and the tracking on that safe jumping flip kick thing is pretty silly!

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
People give V the treatment SF3 got. They don't have their fav characters so they cry about without any regards to the gameplay.
Eh, there're a myriad of gameplay related reasons why I feel like SCV was a disappointment. Subsystems such as Guts, guard meter, critical gauge, just guarding, etc. clash with what appears to be an attempt to simplify the gameplay (judging by them gutting most characters' movelists down to less than half of their previous size).

I don't wanna derail the thread, so I'll talk to you peeps in PM's if you wanna continue.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, sorry for not being so active lately, actually i've been spending lots of this time in the lab since i'm almost at home these current days.
As some of you know, Jin is one of the character that got heavily changed from his FR version day 1 patch console version, i'm still grasping the change but i have butt whole lot of information for you guys, its up to you if you pick the band wagon or not.

First thing first, Jin wasn't exactly nerfed, for every single nerf he got, he also got tons of buffs, propriety changes, and what else that i can currently think of, if anything, the subsequent Jin nerfs were something i've seen it coming from a mile away and it was kinda silly to have them, so this is what have changed, nerfs first.

1. Jin F4 is now -6 on block, up from -5, if you guys remember this move was so safe that you could mash it away and keep ppl at bay, namco added 1 recovery frame
2. F4 is now +4 on block, down from +5, yeah, the hit advantage this move had was given to the recovery frame, but the move is still good overall
3. F4~zen is now -1 on block, down from +2 on block, i already told how on steroids this was, anything under 11f was fucked against jin from this stance since his zen launcher would practically kill the entire cast and they were forced to sidestep or duck having to face his 50-50 at all times.
4. F4~zen is now +9 on hit, down from +12, yah, one frame delay ducking and 1+2 out of zen was a clean launch, i already told this was silly and even Smoke_of_Filand was considering to bandwagon jin, so they reduced the hit advantage.

Those these changes made the f4 game garbo? Not in the slighlest, they just made it more fair, you can beat his options off Zen if you dare, but its so hard to see, since now backdash and sidestep block are in play with his new i14 launcher that is +5 on block this move will easy up pressure against any player in the game, they block one F4 without zen and you're just eased out the pressure.

5. B3 hitbox as been slighly reduced making his combos kinda hard to comeby, although i think this is unfair, the only thing left is to lab out every possible combo you find hard, Jin has access to a 70 damage combo off his EWHF with a B3 loop which is one of the hardest to time out in the game, so every Jin player is advisable to lab those combos out off every day for a few minutes in both sides, the point is, while Jin got nerfed, his damage makes up for it, its just not as easy as it used to be, but these combos are so worth to learn since it comes in alignment with one of his most buffs.

6. Damage off bf23~zen 3 fillers haven been reduced, so doing ws2, ewhf 4 S!, zen~3+4, its the same as doing ws2 ewhf, bf23~zen 3, there no damage difference, the advantage of one is now the wall carry for high wall splat and more damage, while the other is harder to drop easy damage off wall-less stages, and so does any other combo that launches with the same filler.

7. 123 has a 13f gap between 12 to 3 and the last hit is now +1 on block

Buffs

1. EWHF has more range, probably more than EWGF tracks both sides and its hard to step, launches hellsweeps, but this buff gave access to things Jin couldn't punish before with can can (d+3+4), so as far as i'm testing, any move in this game that is at the very least -16 with a hard to punish range, Jin can EWHF on block and launch punish it into a 70 damage combo if you're able to do them, just so you guys can have an idea, things jin is able to launch punish with EWHF on block now, Fengs b+1+2, f212, f34, bf1, Paul's death fist, heihachi's ff2, xiaoyu, bt4, or fc 3214, asuka's f2, lars hop kick. So any of these against a well trained jin its like death on block, definitely i think there has to be more, once i find all of them i might as well put up a vid.

2.standing left jab has more range, Jin now can reach ppl on a jab distance

3. d2 (generic punch), and fc d1 are now safe

4. standing 4 is over +20 on hit, allowing for a free i20 move follow up, cannot be traded even with jabs, anything jin do like db4 or under will be CH
5. df14 is now +18 on hit
6. 124 is now 0 on block with a push back, down from -8 with a pushback

Jin with rage is a different character

He gains access to a 13f punishing move, making anything from -13 or above incredibly dangerous to pull off, including the all mighty hop kicks, wakeup mid kicks and anything else under the same rule, he can block and RA punish those, and if they're going to die, they're going to die sorry.

His parry makes him recovery at whiff proprieties, wakeup mid kicks become -15 on block at the best, becoming can-can punishable, EWHF punishable, or hop kick punishable, this nigga is scary.