What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

armani

Noob
Better players don't let themselves get in the situation constantly from my experience that shot just don't fly. I am just trying to help ppl out but I am not gonna dumb down my game if that makes any sense lol.
if I have a pretty substantial life lead, I normally leave the opponent at 35% and try to fish for a counter hit or whiff punish to close out the game. leaves me to deal with no kind of rage art foolishness lol.

Ok so 2 match ups im having trouble with are alisa and feng...

Any tips on what i should be looking for
Feng is a very in your face kind of character, he forces you to "play his game" for lack of better words. With that in mind, just remember if you get hit with a poke, just be patient. His jab is +1 on block, and +8 on hit. His df1 is 0 on block, and +6 on hit. db1+2 is a retreating poke that's +1 on block

If you get hit with a combo, his oki game is another poke, that annoying 4~3 flip, or a sweep. If you want to be bold and try to sidestep the flip and punish, do so but be careful cause his db4 sweep is a homing low and combo starter. The animations are pretty distinct so just keep a watchful eye. Oh and that flip is +2 on block too. so again be patient.

Fengs movelist is pretty true to move properties (with an exception of a few moves) so if you see a move or string that isn't homing, you can sidestep it. 80% of his moves from BT and backsway can be sidestepped, and a few string mixups can be interrupted. So stuff like 241~BT won't catch you off guard.

He also has a lot of moves that are deceptive in spacing. So just because their negative on block, he can get counter hits if you try to return the favor. Moves like b4, df22, are like this.

And just pay attention honestly, if you block a move and you see that your character is in heavy blockstun, try to shimmy out of there and bait a low or something. Once you limit Feng's options and stand your ground it forces him to over extend and you can blow him up for that. and don't attack after the headbutt lol it's +4

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Learning to fight against her right now. 89 battles in a row and counting.

I knew years ago she would be trouble and it was bound to be a matter of time before the grumblings happened.

She a force to reckon with.
I feel she's a bit too gimmicky and doesn't really have anything. I mean she has some good pokes, but it feels like she doesn't really do anything. Might just be my lack of expertise in the game.

I just pulled off the epic comeback in Winners Finals of a tournament. Was almost dead vs a Leo player with like 70% health left. After a few seconds of Tekken Steps, I did Asuka's WS 1+2 cancel into a another one for the hit, it landed CH, I did a quick F2 during the stun to launch, followed up with my most damaging BnB, ended the tailspin with Rage Drive, hit the F2 grounded after, and took the entirety of the remaining health bar LOL!! The room chat blew up after the match.

I love tournament mode man. When you get a good room that is.

#BuffAsuka
I came from losers side to GF. Had to beat a 1 bar Kaz who did that annoying tastu string. I couldn't block it for the first half of the match because I had to block low in advance. Then I'm guessing the host left which caused the game to just boot me to the online menus.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
OK, so the new CH f3 "butt flop" stun with Kaz doesn't actually guarantee anything and the animation can not be tech rolled, but you do get to do basically any move you want (even fF3 or hellsweep) without the opponent being able to even rage art out of it. Power crushing doesn't work either. Gotta test with Jin's parry and Yoshi's Flash.

Edit: RB Norway states that the stun is supposed to be +23

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
OK, so the new CH f3 "butt flop" stun with Kaz doesn't actually guarantee anything and the animation can not be tech rolled, but you do get to do basically any move you want (even fF3 or hellsweep) without the opponent being able to even rage art out of it. Power crushing doesn't work either. Gotta test with Jin's parry and Yoshi's Flash.

Edit: RB Norway states that the stun is supposed to be +23
Can I get a big document of all these notes¿ I'm too lazy to lab whole characters like this lol. I'd rather just wait until I get bopped to even check.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Can I get a big document of all these notes¿ I'm too lazy to lab whole characters like this lol. I'd rather just wait until I get bopped to even check.
I think I might do that. I've just never written down anything related to frame data, tech and such in Tekken. I just prefer to rinse it a few times in practice mode and then boom, I remember most of the stuff forever because I've seen it and I can visualize the scenario in my head and relate all the numbers and other key variables to it.

I came from losers side to GF. Had to beat a 1 bar Kaz who did that annoying tastu string. I couldn't block it for the first half of the match because I had to block low in advance.
Heh gonna troll you now. :d

@JJvercetti got to get that execution up if you're going to play online. Think of it as training in harsh conditions. When you play in 5 Bars you'll hit every just frame just right.
:DOGE

Bilbo11

Noob
any TYM'ers doing any character guides for Tekken 7? ive been to their 'tym' http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/

and its just frame data, and some bnbs. moslty a move list but no information on what anything really does. Nothing as in depth as ive seen on TYM. Is it that they are just not as cool as us, or not as giving back to the community?

any hints n tips would be sweet, cheers guys.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
any TYM'ers doing any character guides for Tekken 7? ive been to their 'tym' http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/

and its just frame data, and some bnbs. moslty a move list but no information on what anything really does. Nothing as in depth as ive seen on TYM. Is it that they are just not as cool as us, or not as giving back to the community?

TZ is pretty much all discord for the most part now.

If you wanted to check it out it is pretty nice https://discord.gg/8ggH52K

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew

Check out the official Zaibatsu discord. It's way better than the website and also way better than TYM lol

It depends on where you look on the site, You may have to look further back through the games. The best written guide I have seen on that website is the Phoenix Rising Paul guide (For Tekken BR)
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=115317
Are you looking for something like this?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Is it just me or is tournament mode really fun but also really awful and in need of serious work? I keep running into glitches with matches not taking place but a winner still being decided, everyone getting kicked because one person left (not the host), and of course no host migration so when the host leaves the whole tournament ends instantly.

The game-type has a lot of potential but right now it seems to be a mess. :[

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Really? Never understood whats so great about Dragonball games. I've liked the anime when i was young but that's about it.
I'd fight you if we weren't over the internet. Instead I'll take the time to explain it to you.

Budokai 1-3 was probably the best incarnation of a DBZ fighting game. And we haven't gotten a truly great one. This one might be it. A proper representation of a lot of people's earliest anime experience built on strong heroes facing stronger villains with increasingly dangerous attacks.

Arc System Works, developers for Blazblue and Guilty Gear, are developing this game. Add the fact it'll be 3v3 with assists (I don't know if there are assist only characters like MvC1 or if it's like MvC2/3. Probably the latter), and it's a dream come true.

Rage arts are the scrubbiest POS ever introduced in Tekken hands down.
Stop mindlessly pressuring me you rushdown zealot.

BTW we got to get some games in again. Can you play tonight?

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'd fight you if we weren't over the internet. Instead I'll take the time to explain it to you.

Budokai 1-3 was probably the best incarnation of a DBZ fighting game. And we haven't gotten a truly great one. This one might be it. A proper representation of a lot of people's earliest anime experience built on strong heroes facing stronger villains with increasingly dangerous attacks.

Arc System Works, developers for Blazblue and Guilty Gear, are developing this game. Add the fact it'll be 3v3 with assists (I don't know if there are assist only characters like MvC1 or if it's like MvC2/3. Probably the latter), and it's a dream come true.
Oh that makes sense than. I never liked MvC series, Guilty Gear was boring AF for me, so no wonder i dont feel anything of DBZ games. Thanks for clarification. :DOGE

and no you wouldn't fight me in real life over this. :)

armani

Noob
Rage arts are the scrubbiest POS ever introduced in Tekken hands down.
be more patient lol, I felt the same way about BE's & CE's in Soul Calibur but the meta in that game evolved so much to the point where more players became experts in movement and whiff punishment - because of the unpredictability of ex moves and specials. I put that game down for a few months to focus on TTT2 & DOA5 and upon return I got bopped. a lot lmao

and furthermore if you look at the arcade footage from T7FR, you'll see that RA's are only used to end combos, and to whiff punish. Rage Arts are definitely a panic get me out button, but if you fish for it then you'll definitely recieve it, and then you can punish accordingly.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Whose mans is this?

And just for the record, in person I would act brash and illogical. Nothing like my internet persona. So count yourself lucky.
I love MK games with exception of MK4 and MK X. Injustice is/was mediocre for me. I always thought Street Fighter is more like Sleep Fighter and V is the worst of them all. I loved Tekken 2&3 didnt play any other till 7. I also liked Soul Calibur 1,2,3 and thought that 4 was total turd. Never liked Guilty Gear and when i saw one tournament of MvC3 after 2 minutes i was like "What the fuck is this is shit?", never again.

That's me.

DeftMonk

Noob
I am thinking of grabbing tekken 7 on pc and I saw something that said there will be no xplay since people on pc might cheat. Is that a common issue to run into cheaters on pc? if so I will just grab ps4 one.