What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Sorry backroll is out, I meant the new animation that replaces backroll where the character puts their hand down to get up. Not sure what's guaranteed, haven't seen it get punished too hard in any vids really. @16 Bit might know.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
If instead of mashing tech roll on autopilot people are going to respond to oki by just back rolling most of the time then you should be able to force a running 3 on block and there is nothing the opponent can do but block it. I'd hate to think the new animation is so fast you could actually do something to either sidestep or float the running 3 after it. A good knockdown to test this on would be some KD that gives fairly poor advantage, such as Kazuya's b1,2 or Heihachi's bf2,1.

Anyone who has tried the game can you confirm this pls? Running 3's on the new back roll?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Will I get the full effect of that video without a 4k monitor/setup?
If you have lower resolution monitor but powerful enough GPU i suspect you will be able to use DSR. But just like for 4K you would need something in line of GTX 1080 maybe some highly overclocked GTX 1070 for it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ggs @DarkSlayerSmith yesterday, we were on a roll and i didn't even wanted to stop.
Mishimas at the high level are so fun, we need to keep lying to ourselves and pretend TTT2 is T7 just for more 5 months ehehe.

Next weekend lets do this again.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Got to play T7FR this weekend. I most definitely am NOT playing Tag2 again until 7 drops. I have absolutely no desire to go back. I just despise the waiting periods we deal with for real man. By the time it comes out it will have been 2 and a half years. That's ridiculous.

With that said I learned a lot about my characters. Oddly I did notice that Devil Jins mobility is way less stiff than regular Jins. I don't play DVJ but I had him on one of my two teams in tag2 so I tried him out of curiosity and it seems his movement is way stronger and more fluid than jins for some reason.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ya she's really fun, the only thing was I couldn't find anything to really punish stuff that's negative w/ pushback like law ss 2 string or Asuka b+3.

Probably u/b+4. IDK about those two examples but if it's far away and like -16 it works. I have punished deathfist with it.

b+3 has a lot of range and is fast but not good reward.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Probably u/b+4. IDK about those two examples but if it's far away and like -16 it works. I have punished deathfist with it.

b+3 has a lot of range and is fast but not good reward.
OK cool, ya I didn't know u/b+4 reached that far, good to know. I kept trying to f,f+2,4. I forgot to use b+3, I have to lookup what it looks like again.

I feel the same way Vegeta, but I think I'll just stick to having solo sessions until 7 drops. I've always hated the wait, by the time we have it for a year after release, it will have been in arcades for like 4 years.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Got to play T7FR this weekend. I most definitely am NOT playing Tag2 again until 7 drops. I have absolutely no desire to go back. I just despise the waiting periods we deal with for real man. By the time it comes out it will have been 2 and a half years. That's ridiculous.

With that said I learned a lot about my characters. Oddly I did notice that Devil Jins mobility is way less stiff than regular Jins. I don't play DVJ but I had him on one of my two teams in tag2 so I tried him out of curiosity and it seems his movement is way stronger and more fluid than jins for some reason.
Jin got nerfed in FR tho, he had some insane carry potential just using dash jabs.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I carried relatively far though and a lot of times I was well within wall distance with how the fights played out.

I will say between tag2 and FR his "evasive" attacks like CDS2 or u/f+2 have smaller hitboxes and seem to evade less efficiently. His ranges are slightly shorter too. Same for lili. Her f+3 range is very short compared to tag2. Her db+4 is also so slow now I did it and my friend ducked and in hesitation/panic briefly stood back up and then ducked again and STILL blocked it. Nobody better complain about it in this game because if you get hit this time you deserved it.

Steve is a monster. I'm gonna have to lab him and feng first out of the non-new characters as I struggled most against those two. Faster than me with pokes, safer and higher damage. Fengs armor is a bitch to deal with too depending on when/how he uses it.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
We had two tournaments for it this same weekend. I lost to the same feng both times. First day in GF and 2nd day to make it into top 8. That said I overall like this game system WAY more than tag2. Gameplay seems versatile and you also have a lot of options and non traditional "mixups" and ways to shake things up like armor, rage arts etc.

I ended up using MKX armor concepts and experience in T7 to mold my use of them there, and SCV super attack experience in the same way. Translated very well, especially to nix really tight advantage or if I do something my opponent could use to reverse pressure on me, prevent it or hit them instead by absorbing their attacks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Steve is the current top tier of T7, that character is just broke, knee himself said "specially steve, he is too strong" among other broke chars are Paul, Brya, Jack, Heiachi and of course lord Akumer.

But there is a balance patch coming with master raven update in the next 3 days, kinda curious what namco will do, considering the only characters they touched in the bob's updated shifted tiers very fast and became broke, specially Lars and Xiaoyu.

Steve is the current top tier of T7, that character is just broke, knee himself said "specially steve, he is too strong" among other broke chars are Paul, Brya, Jack, Heiachi and of course lord Akumer.

But there is a balance patch coming with master raven update in the next 3 days, kinda curious what namco will do, considering the only characters they touched in the bob's updated shifted tiers very fast and became broke, specially Lars and Xiaoyu.
Paul needs it LOL

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang i remember Steve was very low on most players tier charts but now everyone list him so high. What changed??
New u/f2 launch, new ext dck mixup, ws 1,1
Probably a few more
just those 3 things cover up some of his weaknesses without any real negative tradeoff.

That's is the response i got from the tekken community, it seems he got the NRS treatment, character got overbuffed.