What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I want Julia but not the Jaycee persona. I want scientist Julia glasses.
I mean, you could still make her dress normally.

Jaycee just came with the cool new outfit and some lucha moves. I'll take Julia outside of costume if she at least retains the sick ass wrestling moves.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Namco please don't lock Heihachi's young appearance behind story mode, I fucking love his young design with the two jet black spikes and the sharp handlebar stache in TTT2.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I really hope Julia is it t7 and I hope they stick with her wrestler design from ttt2. I loved playing jc in that game over the traditional Chang style.
Nooooo! Anything but that Jaycee garbage. Let that die a miserable death and give us traditional Goddess Chang.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
IMO The game being solo will be more fun, because you can bust out a solo character you have messed around with in practice mode enough to know basic bnb's and important moves and just sand bag if you feel like it. Something I used to do in MK9. It was super fun to play unorthodox match ups like Kano vs Stryker or Baraka vs Scorpion and the like. Picking your opponents main and him picking yours then slugging it out with bootleg combos and green rank strats is hilarious :D. The tag combos in TTT2 could not be winged and you lost a lot of damage if you had no clue what to do with a team, with a single character you can just do some ez mode combos and still get decent damage.

ando1184

Noob
Nooooo! Anything but that Jaycee garbage. Let that die a miserable death and give us traditional Goddess Chang.
I don't want the cosmetic aspect of that character, just the move set. I love the huricarana and shining wizard they gave her, as well as the low drop kick, f221, b2,1+2, R. Mika style Ass attack, and stone cold stunner :D. Those moves with the Chang movelist were awesome.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't want the cosmetic aspect of that character, just the move set. I love the huricarana and shining wizard they gave her, as well as the low drop kick, f221, b2,1+2, R. Mika style Ass attack, and stone cold stunner :D. Those moves with the Chang movelist were awesome.
I agree.

Women doing hardcore wrestling moves is so badass to me.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Hopefully they take out jaycee's hurricarana and give julia back her old d/f+3+4 from T6 since w/o a tag partner jc d/f+3+4 is pretty much useless. I don't really see roll or bridge stance staying either, I'll take her old f+3 moves and f+3~1 aka lashing arrow.

Vick

Noob
They confirmed my boy Lee finally. Now give us Jun, Lei, Kunimitsu, Julia/Michelle, Eddie/Christie and Anna.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I'm curious what they'll make Lei's power crush. My only concerns are if they made bt 4,4 s! or 1+2,2 s! and if there's a new way to juggle off of d/b+4.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Chances are Capos and Lei won't make it due to floats being removed. Their risk/reward would be too good cuz they could just try run up to you, lay on their ass and try to 50/50 you until they kill you because there is no real punishment, only thing you could do would be to hit them out of their stances with a low or a low hitbox mid for reduced damage until they die.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Chances are Capos and Lei won't make it due to floats being removed. Their risk/reward would be too good cuz they could just try run up to you, lay on their ass and try to 50/50 you until they kill you because there is no real punishment, only thing you could do would be to hit them out of their stances with a low or a low hitbox mid for reduced damage until they die.
You sure about the float thing? I think in the lee release video he launched when the opponent was fully lying down. Probably getting up. Sorry if I'm mistaken on what it is exactly.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
You sure about the float thing? I think in the lee release video he launched when the opponent was fully lying down. Probably getting up. Sorry if I'm mistaken on what it is exactly.
The property you are talking about is Lee's 1+2 CH launch. Similar to Bruce while standing 2,1 the launch is completely guaranteed and the character being hit is considered airborne for a duration during the animation.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Float is not removed you just can't float backroll. You can still float quickstand though. Eddy and Lei would still get float in stance, mostly eddy because I don't really recall getting float as Lei besides someone punishing fcd 4~3. The nerf will probably hurt changs though, just hold b to avoid getting floated by f,f+1_d/f+3.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Float is not removed you just can't float backroll. You can still float quickstand though. Eddy and Lei would still get float in stance, mostly eddy because I don't really recall getting float as Lei besides someone punishing fcd 4~3. The nerf will probably hurt changs though, just hold b to avoid getting floated by f,f+1_d/f+3.
So what's the punish on back rolls, just another oki situation with no combo? Can you get the screw the way you could punish with a bound?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So what's the punish on back rolls, just another oki situation with no combo?