What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Got in more games before top 8 and the Katarina b+1 nerf seems real cause b+1 whiffs after max range launchers more than I've seen in vanilla. Bummer.

But Geesemaster just bodied Nobi! Who is this guy??? I don't know of him from the 4-6 era.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Is heihachi low tier cause everyone is just better or low tier cause he sucks? Or is it not low tier since FR?
The okizeme and generic throw break changes were indirect nerfs, however, uf3,4 being a launcher now that puts the opponent straight into tailspin is a gigantic buff, if the move is still +3 on block this is huge. Weak ws punishment combined with weak low crushing made his ankles quite free in TTT2, now all that is about to change. With tag assaults gone ws1 into qcf2 is a lot stronger punish than it used to be, comparatively.

Didn't someone say on commentary not long ago some Heihachi player thinks he's secret top 1?

Also if you guys want in the twitch tym chat let me know your twitch name and I'll add you
Being a longtime Tekken player and watching the streams, I can tell you this...

His power is very difficult to utilize effectively, but if you can do it - he is very viable.

His optimum range is one step away. This is closer than the optimum range of most, but he's too slow to be great at point blank - so, in order for you to be special with him, not only must you be great in execution, but your spacing must also be special. If you can keep the exchanges at one step apart, you can dictate the game through the weight that your attacks will carry.
What his optimum range is, is a matter of preference. Koreans like to go in with df1 by itself and ws4 plenty because of the slight pushback on block and the 2nd hit threat of df1 to eliminate the common generic d4 abuse which Heihachi is susceptible to and also allow a single backdash to make most i10-15 moves whiff. Least amount of risk, but there is also not much of a reward unlike going in with f3 and potentially catching a counterhit.

As for him being too slow or poor at range 0, I must strongly disagree:
He has a crap ton of mids ranging from +3 to -3 on block, automatically giving him a great sidestep game. 1,b2 is a great jab extension, +8-9 on hit, -2 on block, delayable and tracking to both sides, also an NCC. he has access to instant generic d4, he has two 12 frame mids with df4 and 1+2 and one of the best 13 frame df1's in the game, with full tracking to his left and both the high and mid extensions tracking to his right.

I believe the default gameplan with Heihachi is to simply take control of the pace of the match at all ranges, for neutral and spacing the primary moves are f3, EWGF and fF2 (MU and opponent dependent). Trying to get people to whiff at neutral is not efficient with him imo because his pokes are simply too good not to be used, turtling and EWGF fishing just gives the opponent the opportunity to use big lows, something that can be easily eliminated by just trying to stay close to the opponent as much as possible and going in by dashing into f3 (dash, bf3 to eliminate negative edge). I believe as Heihachi it's vital to establish a high volume of mids being blocked (or hit) for the opponent so it becomes easier to read counterpoking patterns or when the opp. is just content backdashing or when the opp. will try to catch you coming in with his own CH tools or when it's time to gamble with db2 or FC sweep.

Other poke-heavy characters have better lows and mix-ups in general, but they don't have the whiff punishment or neutral game controlling ability that Heihachi has. IMO this doesn't mean Heihachi should withhold from going in against the likes of Bob, Miguel, Lee etc, turtly playstyle as Heihachi will only lead to him getting his ankles chopped way more than he needs to. Kazuya and Devil Jin are way better for a slow-paced "lame" style of play.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I remember him being a very popular pick in T6, and also a lot of salt over him then.

Nothing negative heard about him in TTTT though.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Can't wait to play Master Raven, she has some interesting changes from Raven. Hopefully, she has better keepout and punishment than her subordinate. Also , smh on the Bob release. @16 Bit Geesemaster is an OG T5 Feng player from the west coast. I believe he's been playing every iteration of tekken thus far. @Pterodactyl what exflyingbooty said, especially in 6.0 w/ nh d/f+2 and pretty much DJ hs. Probably the scariest bob. He also gets better everytime he gets nerfed somehow, every game. I wouldn't be surprised if he had nh cd1 launch again and safe b,f+1.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Calling Master Raven lazy is like calling a huge chunk of Tekken's entire roster lazy. Legacy characters are actually done very well in these games and do usually have some notable differences from their predecessors. Some of which make them more fitting to the playstyle of someone who would have otherwise ignored them. Like I like Forest's altered moveset more than Marshall's in TTT2, and I liked Angel a lot more than Devil Kazuya or Jin.

I look forward to seeing the full extent of her differences from Raven, the sword and teleport seem like they'll cause most of them.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Same, as a raven main I wonder what changes they made. Hopefully they took out d/f+3+4 (useless cartwheel) and adjusted her mids. sdw and haz stance are fine as is, although I see she has a launcher out of haz now.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
My brother's hype for Tekken 7 has been really nonexistent since Bob, his main, hasn't been in it yet. Then Bob gets announced ON HIS BIRTHDAY. That's pretty magical. Anyway, I'm super hyped for Bob. I think he's a cool Sammo Hung representative. I kind of wish he had a super hero suit though. Finally, I wonder if he's going to get the Lars treatment and get nerfed overly hard. Hopefully, they manage to make him good without overnerffing him.

I'm actually surprised over how positive the reaction to Master Raven has been here. I thought Raven was a cool a cool and unique character that deserved to return. If they want to make a new female character, I wish they'd make them completely new instead of just handing them all moves from other characters. Just like Marduk and Bruce, I feel really bad for Raven.