What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Was watching KOF 14. The stream watching struggle is real.

Akuma is gonna be tough to fight though.
Damn I forgot to watch that. They're still doing casuals?

Well, how did that come to be?
Lol. It was a joke on Namco's common practice of releasing on arcade version over there first. Then they fine tune everything, throw in some more costumes and characters, slap a subtitle on it, then we get it on consoles.

It's coming out march 2017.

This Akuma damage ia stupid.
FADC + wall = 70%+ damage combos. TxSF going to be some crazy shit. Especially if they do tag.

Reactions: GAV

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is heihachi low tier cause everyone is just better or low tier cause he sucks? Or is it not low tier since FR?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Didn't someone say on commentary not long ago some Heihachi player thinks he's secret top 1?

Also if you guys want in the twitch tym chat let me know your twitch name and I'll add you

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Damn I forgot to watch that. They're still doing casuals?

FADC + wall = 70%+ damage combos. TxSF going to be some crazy shit. Especially if they do tag.
Yea Juicebox mopping people atm. Game looks amazing.

Going back and forth between KOF and Tekken.

Akuma Damage too high. I can imagine all the online Akuma players. -.-

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Is heihachi low tier cause everyone is just better or low tier cause he sucks? Or is it not low tier since FR?
Being a longtime Tekken player and watching the streams, I can tell you this...

His power is very difficult to utilize effectively, but if you can do it - he is very viable.

His optimum range is one step away. This is closer than the optimum range of most, but he's too slow to be great at point blank - so, in order for you to be special with him, not only must you be great in execution, but your spacing must also be special. If you can keep the exchanges at one step apart, you can dictate the game through the weight that your attacks will carry.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Her new d/f+3+4 seems good, looks and behaves like FC d/f+4. Her new d+2 is like the second hit of b+1,2 which will probably be a good mid. I never used her Rage Drive.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Being a longtime Tekken player and watching the streams, I can tell you this...

His power is very difficult to utilize effectively, but if you can do it - he is very viable.

His optimum range is one step away. This is closer than the optimum range of most, but he's too slow to be great at point blank - so, in order for you to be special with him, not only must you be great in execution, but your spacing must also be special. If you can keep the exchanges at one step apart, you can dictate the game through the weight that your attacks will carry.
I feel like I just read an excerpt out of a kung fu manga.

Knee (I think he played akuma) seemed to play JDCR (heihachi) really close. JDCR ended up winning.

Knee played Akuma differently than Poongko. I just thought that was cool.

Reactions: GAV

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Heihachi is retarded good in FR now.
F4 grans a free df12 in the wall, the damage he can pull off from there is just as retarded as Akuma, Kazuya, Steve and King, so crouching on the corner against heihachi means death now.
His Hunting Hawk now screws on regular hit.
B4 is now screws on CH
bf23 is stupid good
Thunder GodFist is stupid safe when blocked, can loop into itself for retarded damaging juggles and do an extra EWGF into Bf23 for the screw into whatever you want.

Heihachi can now either EWGF you to death or TGF you for trying to crouch EWGF, very risky to sidestep since his B4 now frame traps if it hits and CH screws if it counters, so you got to face him as you would face T7.0 Kazuya, where sidesteps were bad.

JDCR and Mainman were discussing this topic a few weeks ago and both came into agreement that some of those buffs were too much, the F4 guaranteed df12 is retarded good at the wall, hunting hawk launching for a screw too.

Kazuya and Lord Akumer are doing death combos, even if Akuma needs everything he has, he can chunk half of your life with 1 bar just by landing a d3~hadoken fadc, 1~lp.shoryuken into whatever, it does nearly 60% without a wall.

The patch has some good stuff, but there is still a lot to balance, King on the floor break stage will become a thing in the future, if that rage drive not floor breaking goes this way in the final version, expect Bryan and every pinning rage drives to do the same.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There is still a lot of unscaled damage the top tiers are doing right now its hilarious, how Kazuya takes half of health from a ws2, rage drive(devil trigger morph).

Just in case anyone is wonder, and surely too earlier to make a tier list, but some things are very evident as they're right now.

Akumer tier: Lord Akumer
Heihachi Tier(S++): Heihachi
Dorya Tier (S+): Kazuya
S Tiers: King, Law everything else is debatable
A - Jin, Hwoarang are in here, Shaheen is under with the rest.

Yeah, forgot that law now has a 14f launcher that can come out from his goddamn parry into DDS, WTF Batman. If anyone doesn't think how soap bar this is, imagine a EWGF preset to come out at a button press instead of the fndf2 motion inside the 2f window with the 2f window requirement, whenever you whiff shit against law you're so screwed.

Last edited: